Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 PM

5 posts, read 5,649 times

Advertisements

I have been living in Georgia for about a year now, I come up this way from Florida to stay with some family. First I was in College park, then we moved a bit further down into Forest park.

I have a couple of issues, when I first got down here, I called the department of transportation and they told me that where I was located, there are no buses that run that way, but I was told that before I got here, there were. I do not have a drivers license nor do I have a car. So I got a job here, but it is not near where I live my job is in Fairburn, GA. which is about 15-20 minutes away. I want to find room mates in Fairburn, so that I am not commuting back and forth wasting more of my money, any Ideas?

What I am trying to do is go to college online for two years and by that time I should at least have a drivers license, but not sure on a car, since I spend at least 50$ a week on gas going back and forth. My goal is to do 2 years online and then go to a University up north (ex: KSU ect) But I would need a car of my own in order to get up that way.

My second issue is that, I have been here for a year and have yet to make any friends (suitable people) I am a particular type of person, I do not mind having fun unless someone invites me otherwise I'd stay at home and work on stuff here. I do not have a ghetto, or "stereotypical black" mentality even though I am Bahamian. So I would like to know if there is a way positive way on making friends here?

Let me know if my questions are too complicated. If not I would defiantly like some solutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 04:19 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,425,964 times
Years ago, Forest Park used to have MARTA bus stops and then Clayton county had its own transit system for several years and the public transportation ended a couple of years ago in the area. As of 2013, there are no public transport buses serving the Clayton county area to the best of my knowledge.

You might try to be more outgoing to people by making small talk or something. You can meet people but you need to come up with some ideas by thinking outside of the box and maybe being a little more outgoing by approaching people and talking to them. Did you try Meetup.com as a possibility? Not having a car definitely limits your options.

For finding roommates, try Craiglist, maybe you can find someone who can drive you over to check out some of the places in Fairburn. I would definitely try to live closer to work. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta