Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2013, 03:40 PM

144 posts, read 277,909 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of taking my four-year-old for his birthday. Would a child this age (who enjoys Legos) enjoy this? Reviews online seem to be mixed. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,772,114 times
I can't speak for a 4 year old, but I had a friend who just took her 9 and 10 1/2 year old. They enjoyed it.

She said that for her oldest child, it was a good thing they did not wait any longer because he would have been too old. He was almost too old now in that he was fairly advanced for the experience but he did enjoy it.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 PM

100 posts, read 142,640 times
I took my 4 year old and she loved it, but we went on a weekday and got there when it opened at 10am. Even then, it was pretty busy. I would not want to go when the schools are out or at a weekend, it just wasn't that big and I can imagine the lines could get ridiculously long. As it was, we didn't have to wait long for the rides (and that's all she was really interested in, the models of atlanta landmarks and talk on how Lego is made went completely over her head)
One big tip is to book tickets online a few days before you go rather than buying tickets at the door. You save a lot of money that way. Have fun!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:37 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
IDK, they won't allow adults without kids. Discrimination!

Old 01-10-2013, 06:19 PM

858 posts, read 1,385,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
IDK, they won't allow adults without kids. Discrimination!
That's because 100% of adults who like anything that children also like are pedophiles who drive black vans full of lollipops. That's a fact, look it up.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:14 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
That's because 100% of adults who like anything that children also like are pedophiles who drive black vans full of lollipops. That's a fact, look it up.
I love Legos, but hate kids!

Old 01-13-2013, 02:35 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,239,683 times
i think your 4-yr old will like it.

its not disney world though; it takes less than a day to cover the park.

the Miniland USA and the water ski show were pretty neat, but beyond that, its just a lot of underwhelming, poorly maintained attractions. i think my child enjoyed it (8yrs old), but he did ask to leave before the park closed; first time thats ever happened.

i think the biggest letdown was the selection of lego's at the lego factory store; he was hoping for some cool parts and hard to find kits, but their selection rivaled the local wal-mart.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,772,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
i think your 4-yr old will like it.

its not disney world though; it takes less than a day to cover the park.

the Miniland USA and the water ski show were pretty neat, but beyond that, its just a lot of underwhelming, poorly maintained attractions. i think my child enjoyed it (8yrs old), but he did ask to leave before the park closed; first time thats ever happened.
Are you specifically refering to Legoland Atlanta - it will take a few hours at best and much less than 1 day. Legoland is on the top floor of a posh Shopping Mall (Phipps Plaza) next to the movie theater not far from Sax 5th Avenue and Nordstroms. I have not been inside but will be quite amazed if they managed to fit in a water ski show!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 PM

100 posts, read 142,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
Are you specifically refering to Legoland Atlanta - it will take a few hours at best and much less than 1 day. Legoland is on the top floor of a posh Shopping Mall (Phipps Plaza) next to the movie theater not far from Sax 5th Avenue and Nordstroms. I have not been inside but will be quite amazed if they managed to fit in a water ski show!
Um, yes. Legoland Atlanta definitely does not have a water ski show. And even if you walk really, really slowly and are absolutely fascinated by lego models you would be out in 2 hours max. I suspect that poster is talking about an entirely different Legoland.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,239,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post

i had to google to figure out what you're talking about.

Apparently there is something called the legoland discovery center in atlanta.

I thought OP was talking about the actual legoland theme park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta