U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:24 AM

6,370 posts, read 4,525,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
... and both are too trashy for words!

Style "Big Rich Atlanta"
Great for the atl brand. Wishing both show 10 seasons a pop! Great news for the bloggers & trash talkers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 AM

22 posts, read 18,165 times
Whoa, that's a lot of shows based on Atlanta.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:28 AM

22 posts, read 18,165 times
Also, Honey Boo Boo isn't even based in the Atlanta metro.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:47 AM

6,370 posts, read 4,525,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
OOPS! Here's the REST of my OP ... I blame iPhone!

... and its a tossup which one is worse!

Style Network's "Big Rich Atlanta" is icky beyond words -- these women actually make the ROHA look good! And Oxygen's "Bad Girls Club ATL" is disgusting even for that franchise! Where do they find this trash? Honey Boo Boo has more class, and is homegrown to boot!

This makes FIVE (5!) new Atlanta-based "reality" shows just this month! The others are "The Sisterhood" and "Totally Tboz" on TLC and "Double Divas" on Lifetime. And that's not all! According to the AJC's Peach Buzz, at least five more are in the works for release later this year, three of them on Bravo: Kim Zolciak's "Tardy for the Party," a show about doctor's wives called "Married to Medicine" and something called "Making Atlanta."

What did we do to deserve this?
i know the REAL answer, but people will get VERY upset, so Ill leave that question alone. I just want Oxygen to change their mind about Shawty Lo.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:19 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,376,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Are people ITT actually suggesting TWD Season 2 is better than 3?

Seasonal 1 >> Season 3 >>>>>> Season 2

Season 2 was a dumpster fire.
Yeah, dunno how anyone could think season 2 was better than 1 or 3. I personally love 3 the most, due to the sci-fi wackiness.

The Walking Dead is fantastic. The most watched drama in calbe history. All while featuring Atlanta and Coweta, along with Sweetwater, Terrapin, and Red Brick beers. What's not to love!

Odd how Atlanta can support one of the best TV shows in modern history while producing some of the lowest quality TV shows possible (those damn reality shows).

Kind of like Atlanta and rap. We had one of the greatest rap groups of all time emerge from our fair city, while we unfortunately continue to produce some of the worst cRAP ever produced.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:40 PM

3,207 posts, read 4,507,427 times
To be honest, Breaking Bad is a way, way better show than TWD. There's no comparison in terms of the quality of writing and production.

But still, TWD is far and away more popular than BB, which is I guess what counts. And it's very entertaining, even if the writing is sometimes pretty corny and the characters actions and decisions are often questionable.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:47 PM

1,993 posts, read 2,924,873 times
I SO hate these Atlanta reality shows... What an embarrassment

Old 01-25-2013, 03:03 PM

1,993 posts, read 2,924,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
To be honest, Breaking Bad is a way, way better show than TWD. There's no comparison in terms of the quality of writing and production.

But still, TWD is far and away more popular than BB, which is I guess what counts. And it's very entertaining, even if the writing is sometimes pretty corny and the characters actions and decisions are often questionable.

Breaking Bad is great

BUT, Walking Dead is a CULT CLASSIC.

Breaking Bad may be a better show (saying "way, way better" may be a little over doing it, but I do agree it's better in many ways), but it doesn't produce the cult following that TWD does. May be watched more, but the following is different.
For example, I relate it to The Wire vs LOST. The Wire was one of the greatest shows on TV, and LOST SUCKED, yet LOST produced such a cult following of people that literally lose themselves in the show. People NEEDED their LOST fix when the show wasn't on, so they followed the blog sites, and explored the websites, created clubs of followers and so on. The Wire didn't have that same kind of following regardless of even the cult followers of LOST being able to agree that The Wire was better.

TWD is like that. There are people that need a zombie fix during the time TWD isn't on. They play the game app on their iPhones, and download the playstation and xBox TWD games to play, check out the blog and spoiler sites and have viewing parties.

Both great in their own rights.

Now, all this reality show crap is HORRIBLE!!! And it gets on my nerves when I travel and meet people who say "Oh, you're from Atlanta? All I know about Atlanta is what I see on (Love and Housewives or whatever those stupid shows are called)"

Breaking Bad is to Jay-Z
as
Walking Dead is to Outkast
as
Love & Hip Hop is to Soulja Boi

Old 01-25-2013, 05:10 PM

4,229 posts, read 4,116,905 times
I still don't get why are yall upset over these reality shows they are just bunch women arguing. Reality shows are in general are silly would it be better if we got a kardashians take Atlanta? if there was a Tow Atlanta, Pawn wars Atlanta? This has nothing to do with Atlanta but the fact they are reality shows in it self.

1. There are 7 American, 5 un American real house wives shows, Do think real house wives of Atlanta makes Atlanta look better or worse than those other 13 cities? No

2. There Love & Hiphop NY, did you think Love & Hiphop ATL would make Atlanta look better or any worse than it doing with NY? NO.

3. Bad girl club? Bad girls club has been in 6 different cities. Do think bad girl club make Atlanta look better or any worse than the other 6? No

4. I never seen the big rich show but heck the original was big rich Texas. Do you think Big Rich Atlanta would make.........?

There has never been a real world Atlanta but if there was yall be saying yall are "embarrassed' and it some how makes Atlanta uniquely look bad out of the over 20 cities it has been.

Yall embarrassed? embarrassed of what? You know when Atlanta get something good or bad Atlanta would be moving to the next level in entertainment when Atlantans stop thinking everything is representing them? Honestly now that's embarrassing.

Anyways the reason why Atlanta is getting these shows. 1. Atlanta has a lot celebrities C list or what ever... that equal reality show. 2. Atlanta is in the top 10 most mention cities by the media anyways otherwise and networks are looking for ratings. BET, VH1, Oxygen, Bravo, style, and TLC all have Atlanta base shows. Non reality series, VH1 Single ladies and BET lets stay together both are getting third seasons.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM

28,118 posts, read 24,646,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Anyways the reason why Atlanta is getting these shows. 1. Atlanta has a lot celebrities C list or what ever... that equal reality show.
It's hard to get enthused about being known as a C list kind of town, but if that's our reality so be it.

I personally have never run across ladies like the ones in these TV shows but maybe they are more common than I realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or