U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2013, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Inman Park
402 posts, read 568,736 times
Reputation: 300

Advertisements

Is this how Hollywood is getting back at Atlanta for stealing all their business?! 'They' create a bunch of realty shows that trash the city and falsely portray all its citizens as either ghetto, snobby, or undead. Damn them!

Last edited by Nanosolar; 01-25-2013 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 PM
 
3,453 posts, read 2,971,944 times
Reputation: 1644
Only show I watch is RHOA and its not any different than the Jersey franchise .. Honestly I get a keke out of it . If anyone should be embarrassed it should be the cast ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 09:09 PM
 
Location: The big blue yonder...
1,993 posts, read 2,924,285 times
Reputation: 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
I still don't get why are yall upset over these reality shows they are just bunch women arguing. Reality shows are in general are silly would it be better if we got a kardashians take Atlanta? if there was a Tow Atlanta, Pawn wars Atlanta? This has nothing to do with Atlanta but the fact they are reality shows in it self.


1. There are 7 American, 5 un American real house wives shows, Do think real house wives of Atlanta makes Atlanta look better or worse than those other 13 cities? No

2. There Love & Hiphop NY, did you think Love & Hiphop ATL would make Atlanta look better or any worse than it doing with NY? NO.

3. Bad girl club? Bad girls club has been in 6 different cities. Do think bad girl club make Atlanta look better or any worse than the other 6? No

4. I never seen the big rich show but heck the original was big rich Texas. Do you think Big Rich Atlanta would make.........?



There has never been a real world Atlanta but if there was yall be saying yall are "embarrassed' and it some how makes Atlanta uniquely look bad out of the over 20 cities it has been.

Yall embarrassed? embarrassed of what? You know when Atlanta get something good or bad Atlanta would be moving to the next level in entertainment when Atlantans stop thinking everything is representing them? Honestly now that's embarrassing.

Anyways the reason why Atlanta is getting these shows. 1. Atlanta has a lot celebrities C list or what ever... that equal reality show. 2. Atlanta is in the top 10 most mention cities by the media anyways otherwise and networks are looking for ratings. BET, VH1, Oxygen, Bravo, style, and TLC all have Atlanta base shows. Non reality series, VH1 Single ladies and BET lets stay together both are getting third seasons.

I'm not interested in the reasons WHY Atlanta is getting reality shows. Doesn't matter that other cities are subjected to the same retardedness, I could care less. I don't care about the difference in the TYPE of reality show... Doesn't matter... I feel "embarrassed."

I HATE REALITY SHOWS. PERIOD. I never even liked American Idol.
OH, that kind of TV just makes me feel like I'm wasting my life whenever I've had to be subjected to that torture.

I'm embarrassed when I see "All my baby mommas" and all these kinds of "hey, I need some attention so everyone look at me" TV shows as THE impression that some people that have never had a chance to visit Atlanta but have to develop their perceptions of Atlanta. And when I have to hear people think of Atlanta, because of what they see on TV, as all clubs and loud, inarticulate, back stabbing, obnoxious, gold digging ghetto chicks and gay dudes (Insert joke here, I'm sure...), it irks me.

It's trash TV. Attention whores looking for validation and popularity and we the audience get sucked into staring at them talk ish, create stuidity and drama and just live...
Watching people argue in their retarded lives on TV just makes me angry for some reason.
I'm biased. I, myself hate reality shows. So, I yes am embarrassed by seeing them in Atlanta.

If you like them, fine. Just let me know before you turn it to one of those shows so I can use that time to go take a nap or find something else better to do outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 PM
 
22 posts, read 18,158 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post

And when I have to hear people think of Atlanta, because of what they see on TV, as all clubs and loud, inarticulate, back stabbing, obnoxious, gold digging ghetto chicks and gay dudes (Insert joke here, I'm sure...), it irks me.
Something wrong with gay people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 09:44 PM
 
Location: The big blue yonder...
1,993 posts, read 2,924,285 times
Reputation: 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachmancan View Post
Something wrong with gay people?
Oh lord.....
I KNEW somebody was going to completely miss the point and pick that one thing out...

how you take that statement as meaning that I think something is "wrong with" gay people is ridiculous.
Doesn't make it okay that someone gets the impression that something is all about gay people...

How come you didn't say "something wrong with ghetto?" or "something wrong with hip hop," or "something wrong with clubs?"
No... you only saw that part. Relax...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 01:32 AM
 
4,229 posts, read 4,115,677 times
Reputation: 3185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
I'm not interested in the reasons WHY Atlanta is getting reality shows. Doesn't matter that other cities are subjected to the same retardedness, I could care less. I don't care about the difference in the TYPE of reality show... Doesn't matter... I feel "embarrassed."

I HATE REALITY SHOWS. PERIOD. I never even liked American Idol.
OH, that kind of TV just makes me feel like I'm wasting my life whenever I've had to be subjected to that torture.

I'm embarrassed when I see "All my baby mommas" and all these kinds of "hey, I need some attention so everyone look at me" TV shows as THE impression that some people that have never had a chance to visit Atlanta but have to develop their perceptions of Atlanta. And when I have to hear people think of Atlanta, because of what they see on TV, as all clubs and loud, inarticulate, back stabbing, obnoxious, gold digging ghetto chicks and gay dudes (Insert joke here, I'm sure...), it irks me.

It's trash TV. Attention whores looking for validation and popularity and we the audience get sucked into staring at them talk ish, create stuidity and drama and just live...
Watching people argue in their retarded lives on TV just makes me angry for some reason.
I'm biased. I, myself hate reality shows. So, I yes am embarrassed by seeing them in Atlanta.

If you like them, fine. Just let me know before you turn it to one of those shows so I can use that time to go take a nap or find something else better to do outside.
But that's what happen in all reality shows........ everywhere.

You missed my point most reality shows that Atlanta get are.... chain reality show part of a larger franchise that been in other cities. Ok find if you think they make all cities look bad. But don't make Atlanta a special case. They do not represent NY, LA, Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Philly, Atlanta and etc. For one every city it's the same thing. If there was a real housewives of mars I bet the show will be about rich women arguing.

I said I'm embarrassed by those who's embarrassed feeling is projecting an image of Atlanta it means Atlanta has insecurity. That these shows some how mean more to Atlanta then other cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Only show I watch is RHOA and its not any different than the Jersey franchise .. Honestly I get a keke out of it . If anyone should be embarrassed it should be the cast ...
My point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 AM
 
Location: The big blue yonder...
1,993 posts, read 2,924,285 times
Reputation: 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
But that's what happen in all reality shows........ everywhere.

You missed my point most reality shows that Atlanta get are.... chain reality show part of a larger franchise that been in other cities. Ok find if you think they make all cities look bad. But don't make Atlanta a special case. They do not represent NY, LA, Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Philly, Atlanta and etc. For one every city it's the same thing. If there was a real housewives of mars I bet the show will be about rich women arguing.

I said I'm embarrassed by those who's embarrassed feeling is projecting an image of Atlanta it means Atlanta has insecurity. That these shows some how mean more to Atlanta then other cities.
I'm not embarrassed for Jersey. Not embarrassed for Chicago or Philly or Miami... I could care less about how those cities are portrayed. My concern is Atlanta.

The other thing is that those cities already have a different reputation prior to the oncast of reality shows. Atlanta does too, but not quite an as largely accepted reputation as the others mentioned. For example, no matter how down to earth you make LA seem on TV, it ALREADY had a reputation of being a city of pretension and full of fake people. And no matter how much fakeness and buffoonery you display in a reality show about NY, people ALREADY believe NY to be a city where people are no nonsense, tough and real.

Ya'll are too focused on my use of the word "embarrassed" though. As if I cry about it and am ashamed to let others know I'm from ATL. Or as if I let it cause me any lack of sleep.
I simply hate reality shows. NOT Atlanta reality shows. Include RHOJ, and RHONY, and RHOH, Real World, Making the Band, The Simple Life, Basketball Wives, Love and Hip Hop (anywhere), the Kardashian show and even the competition shows like American Idol, the Voice and X-Factor, and............ Pretty much, insert just about any reality show and competition show.
Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. I think the only shows I've ever liked watching an not got bored and restless were ABDC, So you think you can dance and Fear Factor until I got tired of watching people eat different kinds of testicles each episode (I remember one day sitting, bored watching Fear Factor episodes back to back and there were like 3 episodes straight where the dare was to eat some animal's balls... Think I was finally done with it then)

I use the word embarrassed, because I end up hearing about them just about every time I tell someone I'm from ATL no matter what kind of person I'm talking to. Examples: In Seattle at Pike Market talking to one of the guys selling fish. Asian dude. - "Oh, you're from ATL?" I respond "Yeah, I'm from ATL" and they say "I never been there, but I watch Housewives of Atlanta with my girl. Is it really like that?"
In Coronado, CA talking to a US Navy LCDR - "I'm from ATL" and she says "OH... ATL huh? Hotlanta... I like that Housewives of ATL show. But I hear it's hard to find any straight men down there"
In Washington DC talking to the airport taxi/limo driver - "So Atlanta? Never been there. I heard there's a lot of strip clubs." me: "yeah, that's about right." him: "Do you watch Love and Hip Hop?" me: "No, no I don't." Then he goes on to telling me about something he saw on there.

I get sick of hearing about one of these shows almost every time I tell people I'm from ATL. I could care less of how they can also make other cities look. Makes it no better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Columbus,Georgia
2,663 posts, read 3,809,350 times
Reputation: 596
Not NONE of these ghetto shows can compete with the Emmy Award winning show,Inside The NBA.

Inside the NBA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Inside the NBA crew makes fun of Charles for getting his eyebrows done 1-24-13 - YouTube

A must watch if you love basketball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 12:55 PM
 
28,110 posts, read 24,639,595 times
Reputation: 9523
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
You missed my point most reality shows that Atlanta get are.... chain reality show part of a larger franchise that been in other cities. Ok find if you think they make all cities look bad. But don't make Atlanta a special case. They do not represent NY, LA, Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Philly, Atlanta and etc. For one every city it's the same thing. If there was a real housewives of mars I bet the show will be about rich women arguing.

I said I'm embarrassed by those who's embarrassed feeling is projecting an image of Atlanta it means Atlanta has insecurity. That these shows some how mean more to Atlanta then other cities.
I'm not embarrassed about the Atlanta shows any more than the other idiotic "reality" shows out there.

It is a bit curious that none of them focus on the middle class folks who make up the bulk of the ATL. Maybe that kind of reality is just too white bread for the TV moguls. However, you do get the impression they are trying to paint a picture of our town that doesn't register with many locals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 03:53 PM
 
Location: The big blue yonder...
1,993 posts, read 2,924,285 times
Reputation: 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
However, you do get the impression they are trying to paint a picture of our town that doesn't register with many locals.
Hmmm... Interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top