Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM

22 posts, read 24,897 times

Advertisements

Yuk, look at some the comments. No wonder Marta will never be better. No other city trashes their train like this. Only in Jawja.

Quote:
Posted by zekeI at 9:09 a.m. Jan. 25, 2013 Report Abuse
Well the left wing nut case redistribution racist are already here, lithoniaguy! I lived in the area in the 80's and 90's, but, THANK GOD I ESCAPED TO MY WONDERFUL SMALL TOWN OF ABOUT 250 RESIDENTS! I think that over the 12 years or so I lived there, I rode the train maybe 5 times, and, only to sporting events and the lack of adequate parking! Since i escaped I ride it only to avoid the same lack of access and parking for the Peachtree Road Race! The system is not convenient, not safe, not efficient! Why would it give anyone an identity to Atlanta or their neighborhood? Until MARTA, train and buses, becomes convenient, safe, efficient and the fares at least at the minimum pay the day to day costs of operations, it will continue to be nothing more than a vast redistribution agenda failure! Personally, I would rather drive, even if it sometimes becomes inconvenient due to the lack of driving skills of the motorist in the area, BECAUSE, I love the convenience of coming and going and having the freedom to do it whenever I want! That is why we love our cars! CONVENIENCE!!
And anyone who will identify themselves as an "urbanist", well I have questions about them!!
Quote:
this "rightwing nut" still clings to his guns and religion happily resides in the suburbs, and doesn't want a "connection" to MARTA or Atlanta.

Trips to inside the perimeter are few.

Keep MARTA and Atlanta crime in Atlanta !
Ugh. Good old Jawja.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,796,311 times
Oh those right-wind nutcases with their crazy opinions.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:30 PM

847 posts, read 1,454,430 times
These folks must not watch the local news. So-called "Atlanta crime" may not hop on a train and get to the 'burbs, but a lot of suburbs already have their own homegrown crime and issues.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
These folks must not watch the local news. So-called "Atlanta crime" may not hop on a train and get to the 'burbs, but a lot of suburbs already have their own homegrown crime and issues.
I guess a 70 years old man driving drunk causing 15 wrecks and killing 1 woman along the way is because of 'Atlanta crime.'

Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 AM

110 posts, read 154,598 times
These people are ignorant yet are interviewed about Marta. I use Marta five days a week and at all times they operate. Never been harassed or attacked. I feel safe on the trains and buses. I wish they would operate as good as transportations in other major cities do.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:22 AM

110 posts, read 154,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChimRichalds View Post
Harsh. I live on the Canton/Milton border and take MARTA from North Springs at least three times a week to work/grad school downtown.
Has getting to north springs station been a hassle for you? It's tough getting there from Alpharetta in my experience. The buses don't come in a steady manner and it goes downhill when it gets into the evening.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:06 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,015,985 times
Of course people who feel part of their city are more likely to use its resources and vice versa.

You could interview people at Piedmont Park and come up with the revelation that "people who use their city park feel more connected to their city!" just like you could interview people fishing in the Chattahoochee river and surmise that "people who fish feel more connected to nature!" Thanks for the 411, dipsh!ts!

Quote:
Yea, My experience has been those that live in the suburbs are the ones that complain about the traffic. By living in the city, I rarely see it.
I see where you're coming from with this because sometimes intown you can get around traffic, but not always. Briarcliff is just as messy and horrible as anything in the suburbs. If you live in East Atlanta but work in Buckhead, you are still going to have a pretty rough commute. It may be less in a lot of instances because the sprawl isn't as bad, but intown is certainly not immune from traffic issues and MARTA is not always a viable option for getting from one intown point to another.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Of course people who feel part of their city are more likely to use its resources and vice versa

You could interview people at Piedmont Park and come up with the revelation that "people who use their city park feel more connected to their city!" just like you could interview people fishing in the Chattahoochee river and surmise that "people who fish feel more connected to nature!" Thanks for the 411, dipsh!ts!

I see where you're coming from with this because sometimes intown you can get around traffic, but not always. Briarcliff is just as messy and horrible as anything in the suburbs. If you live in East Atlanta but work in Buckhead, you are still going to have a pretty rough commute. It may be less in a lot of instances because the sprawl isn't as bad, but intown is certainly not immune from traffic issues and MARTA is not always a viable option for getting from one intown point to another.
But one can make it a viable option. Route 107 to inman park station, blue/green line to five points, red/gold line to buckhead. Or a person could ride a bike to the nearest station?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM

32,009 posts, read 36,668,783 times
Here's a blog post pointing out the bogosity of that AJC article.

Where is the actual poll they're talking about and how was it structured?

City Haul

Old 01-27-2013, 09:29 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,825,701 times
There are already TONS of MARTA topics on here, and this one has already gone off course several times. Find any of the countless MARTA topics to add this discussion to rather than create another one, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta