U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:14 PM

6,621 posts, read 11,213,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
He means snooty.
Oh. I don't really see that. Meaning snooty, rude people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 PM

21,045 posts, read 33,064,129 times
While Gables Sheridan is indeed quite nice, its not actually in Druid Hills...its at the edge of LaVista Park. Druid Hills is an Historic District,..there are very few apartments in the neighborhood, and the ones that are there are quite old (20s-30s era). The area that contains more apartments in the area is North Druid Hills on the other side of Emory U. This area is quite popular with Emory personnel and students, so you'll find a lot of people in your age group.
I have to agree with others here that Buckhead has lost some of its luster with twentysomethings since its main entertainment district was razed in favor of redevelopment.
So if I were a 25 yo man, what would my neighborhood preferences be? Easy:

Virginia-Highland
Midtown
Inman Park
Candler Park
Poncey-Highland

Best of luck in your search.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:50 PM

12 posts, read 13,532 times
Does Midtown have properties that aren't just high-rises? I know there is a POST property there but I am really not to fond of it. Any other mid-rise complexes in Midtown?

Also, I was under the impression that Virginia-Highland was a bit artsy? Am I wrong? I don't like artsy.

I like newer communities. New appliances, granite countertops, etc. Does Inman Park, Candler Park or Poncey-Highland have that?

Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 PM

21,045 posts, read 33,064,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Oh. I don't really see that. Meaning snooty, rude people?
Yes, and I certainly wouldnt characterize the average resident of Buckhead in such a way.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 PM

6,795 posts, read 6,616,951 times
You seem extremely selective on where you want to live. Sorry, but this isn't NYC. It is hard to find mid-rise, modern developments in or near the city with what you want. Biltmore which is the POST developments you mentioned in the previous post is one of the closest you will get to low-midrise apartment living that is modern in the city. The neighborhoods just outside of the urban core is almost all SFH and historic/older which includes Inman park, Candler park, and Poncey highlands.

Check some of those apartments along Piedmont Ave in Midtown.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
You seem extremely selective on where you want to live. Sorry, but this isn't NYC. It is hard to find mid-rise, modern developments in or near the city with what you want. Biltmore which is the POST developments you mentioned in the previous post is one of the closest you will get to low-midrise apartment living that is modern in the city. The neighborhoods just outside of the urban core is almost all SFH and historic/older which includes Inman park, Candler park, and Poncey highlands.

Check some of those apartments along Piedmont Ave in Midtown.
Yes, I am extremely selective but I think you have the wrong impression. I am not only interested in living in Midtown. Which is where I assume you are saying there aren't many mid-rise properties but there are certainly mid-rise properties in Buckhead, Old 4th Ward, around Druid Hills, Brookhaven etc...so I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. Gables Sheridan, Amli Lindbergh, Amli Parkside, Amli Old 4th Ward, Gables 820 West are all mid-rise properties in town. My question is merely seeking opinions on which area would be best for someone who doesn't like too artsy. Prefer's luxury mid-rise over uber modern high-rise, prefers to be close to action but not mandatory in the THICK of all the action.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:57 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,084,597 times
Lots of midrise condos and apartments in midtown to choose from, and older midrise and highrise that may be updated to suite your needs while not being ultra modern.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:47 PM

@Noah --- Such as??

Old 01-27-2013, 04:52 PM

6,621 posts, read 11,213,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Yes, and I certainly wouldnt characterize the average resident of Buckhead in such a way.
Me either. Just a lot of normal people in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesKnox View Post
@Noah --- Such as??
Check out: Welcome to 1280 West

Old 01-27-2013, 05:30 PM

6,795 posts, read 6,616,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Me either. Just a lot of normal people in my opinion.

Check out: Welcome to 1280 West
He just said he doesn't want that type of living...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta