U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 04:01 PM

22,193 posts, read 16,201,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
The new building will be built on top of this parking lot across from the Georgia Pacific Building:

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...169.27,,0,1.05
Nice, keep gobbling up the surface parking lots!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,269,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
That is a terrible way to think and its people like you is why those in need don't get the help they deserve! GSU needs to move towards South Downtown and rehab the area.
I agree with you, it's time for the Jim Crow mentality to leave.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:45 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,301,793 times
I'm all for rehabbing the area, but yeah sorry. Not at the expense of students. GSU isn't a cleaning lady.

Jim Crow mentality? What are you talking about.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:57 PM

6,795 posts, read 6,604,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
They bought some old hotel and parking deck and are building a new housing complex on JW Dobbs...complete with free tanning beds and swimming pools.

Way to prioritize GSU. Sugar babies and big booty hoes from all around please apply to GSU. You can't NOT get in...

I'm glad to hear about the new law building though. Hopefully it won't be like Petit where it's cool looking on the outside, but a mess on the inside. I hope they build campus north and not south.
Yet, if the building with the swimming pool was built somewhere near Tech Square, you would praise it....Everyone goes to swimming pools. Not just sugar babies and big booty hoes. There needs to be more private student housing in downtown. It makes the empty areas spring with life. Courtland street is a one way racetrack with people hardly walking on it because it has nothing of value on it. This needs to change.

I'm glad all this development is FINALLY happening in downtown. Things are looking up for the better and I'm excited to see what is to come from GSU. These are the things that make me proud of GSU, even if I don't know where the hell they are getting the money from.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 PM

119 posts, read 169,334 times
Haha Ant the Law School just got a huge grant. The students are not paying for this.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,301,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Yet, if the building with the swimming pool was built somewhere near Tech Square, you would praise it....Everyone goes to swimming pools. Not just sugar babies and big booty hoes. There needs to be more private student housing in downtown. It makes the empty areas spring with life. Courtland street is a one way racetrack with people hardly walking on it because it has nothing of value on it. This needs to change.

I'm glad all this development is FINALLY happening in downtown. Things are looking up for the better and I'm excited to see what is to come from GSU. These are the things that make me proud of GSU, even if I don't know where the hell they are getting the money from.
I was referring to the tanning beds ant. We already have the cigarette problem, alcohol problem, weed problem, LSD problem, hookah problem do we need an ever higher likelihood of getting cancer while studying at GSU? Our students are not intelligent to start. I'm sure the sugar babies will flock to the tanning beds. I mean they're FREE. GSU charges us for everything, yet the tanning beds will be covered by the housing cost? I'm done lol

And no, if GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY gave their students access to free tanning beds, I would lose all respect for the school. What. A. J-O-K-E

Private or public student housing..I would rather have more science labs and law buildings. Besides, there's Westmar

Last edited by ChefRamsey; 01-29-2013 at 10:33 PM..

Old 01-29-2013, 10:34 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,656,837 times
I think before too long( maybe between this summer and next) we will get an announcement for new mixed use in downtown. Atlanta has some smart developers doing work here like Jamestown and they know what's coming for the area. The stadium is happening no matter what anyone thinks. The state legislature made sure two years ago that the money could only be used for stadiums. The streetcar is being built. The MMPT will happen(I bet we see final drawings this summer considering they plan on starting next year and it got fast tracked thanks to Mayor Reed being able to work with President Obama.) Five years and Downtown will be booming, South Downtown will be hip, Vine City/English Ave will have Mims Park, Westside will have Beltline trails. I certainly see a lot of opportunities there for a hefty amount of awesome and I know I'm not the only one. I love this city!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 PM

6,795 posts, read 6,604,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
I was referring to the tanning beds ant. We already have the cigarette problem, alcohol problem, weed problem, LSD problem, hookah problem do we need an ever higher likelihood of getting cancer while studying at GSU? Our students are not intelligent to start. I'm sure the sugar babies will flock to the tanning beds. I mean they're FREE. GSU charges us for everything, yet the tanning beds will be covered by the housing cost? I'm done lol

And no, if GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY gave their students access to free tanning beds, I would lose all respect for the school. What. A. J-O-K-E

Private or public student housing..I would rather have more science labs and law buildings. Besides, there's Westmar
It's a private development...you act like it's GSU that is doing it. If it attracts renters, then why not? And I'm sure white females that go to UGA tan also. What's the big deal? It's generally white females that tan, not black females. You're making silly assumptions based on amenities that a private developers wants to offer to potential renters. And what else was going to go in that spot? It's been empty for years, maybe even a decade or more. Finally, something useful and something that will add life to the area will be put there.

And I'm sure GA tech has it's fair share of smoking also. Smoking isn't exclusive to less intelligent people only. My dad is highly intelligent and smokes.

Sometimes, you talk as if you are better then the people at GSU and I don't mean at academics...I mean, a better person. Very condescending. You should stop. Intelligence does not equate to being a better person.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...dent-drug-use/ - Hey, look. Even Harvard students smoke marijuana.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 AM

22,193 posts, read 16,201,271 times
Quote:
I think before too long( maybe between this summer and next) we will get an announcement for new mixed use in downtown. Atlanta has some smart developers doing work here like Jamestown and they know what's coming for the area. The stadium is happening no matter what anyone thinks. The state legislature made sure two years ago that the money could only be used for stadiums. The streetcar is being built. The MMPT will happen(I bet we see final drawings this summer considering they plan on starting next year and it got fast tracked thanks to Mayor Reed being able to work with President Obama.) Five years and Downtown will be booming, South Downtown will be hip, Vine City/English Ave will have Mims Park, Westside will have Beltline trails. I certainly see a lot of opportunities there for a hefty amount of awesome and I know I'm not the only one. I love this city!
This is great!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 AM

3,209 posts, read 4,514,824 times
lol @ faulting GSU for a private developer building an apartment complex nearby that will have tanning beds. Early frontrunner for most absurd gripe of the year on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or