U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 11:20 AM

29,296 posts, read 26,226,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
Were they really ON the beltline, or just in the general area like this last one?
Well, the 900 block of Monroe is adjacent to the Beltline. The runner says she was coming down Monroe to the trail.

I'm not sure lighting would have made the difference since this happened in broad daylight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 12:01 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,423,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, the 900 block of Monroe is adjacent to the Beltline. The runner says she was coming down Monroe to the trail.
Well this is the point many of us are trying to make. It's bad that this happened, but it was not on the trail.

This false info could be detrimental to the Beltline, knowing how scary and fickle Atlantans are. Usage would drop and all the naysayers would go "I told you so. Waste of money..."

Old 05-10-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
Well this is the point many of us are trying to make. It's bad that this happened, but it was not on the trail.

This false info could be detrimental to the Beltline, knowing how scary and fickle Atlantans are. Usage would drop and all the naysayers would go "I told you so. Waste of money..."
You probably saw my post above -- if it's not Beltline related the Beltline PR people should make that clear and demand a retraction.

However, if it happened behind the 900 block of Monroe, that's about as close to the trail as you can get.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:43 PM

280 posts, read 305,685 times
The number of crimes has been small so far given the huge number of people using the trial. The incidents have not been on the Beltline itself, but in the access corridors to the Beltline. There was a robbery in the road to the skate park, another in the skate park itself before the lighting went in, and now this one on Monroe when the runner was heading to the Beltline. I think the criminals realize that they are too visable on the Beltline itself. The Beltline patrols will have to pay special attention to the entrances.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:24 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,735,730 times
Could Proctor Creek - and northwest Atlanta - be revitalized by a greenway project? | Atlanta News & Opinion Blog | Fresh Loaf | Creative Loafing Atlanta Sounds pretty awesome.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:37 AM

23,317 posts, read 17,484,868 times
Buckhead's proposed trail gets a name and start date.
PATH400: Buckhead's Trail Gets A Name, Start Date - Happy Trails - Curbed Atlanta

Old 05-15-2013, 10:33 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,748,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Buckhead's proposed trail gets a name and start date.
PATH400: Buckhead's Trail Gets A Name, Start Date - Happy Trails - Curbed Atlanta
I liked the statement in the article that said:

"Thus far, the typical "criminals will use this trail to attack us and steal our televisions" naysayers have been few and far between. "

Give them time- as more people hear about the trail, those comments are sure to be made- especially once they find out it connects to the rest of the Beltline......

Old 05-15-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I liked the statement in the article that said:

"Thus far, the typical "criminals will use this trail to attack us and steal our televisions" naysayers have been few and far between. "

Give them time- as more people hear about the trail, those comments are sure to be made- especially once they find out it connects to the rest of the Beltline......
I thought most of the metro area trails were considered very safe. Is that not the case?

The only problems I've heard much about had to do with the Eastside trail.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:27 AM

23,317 posts, read 17,484,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I thought most of the metro area trails were considered very safe. Is that not the case?

The only problems I've heard much about had to do with the Eastside trail.
That's because its the most popular and attracts the most attention.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
That's because its the most popular and attracts the most attention.
Well, that is true. You really don't hear much about crime on other trails.

I remember when there were some attacks on the Silver Comet trail but I can't recall hearing anything further in several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta