U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:05 AM

28,203 posts, read 24,802,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Has Arjay hijacked your account?

I walked by there the other day. The wire that ropes it off is several feet off the trail and then there is a buffer zone of a few more feet before you get to the sculpture. Any kid who falls in there is willfully misbehaving and unsupervised and any adult who falls into it is drunk or high. If you're not joking, take it up with the organizers.
I happen to agree. If the thing is off the trail and protected by a buffer zone it should be pretty safe.

My bigger concern is about it being vandalized. I haven't been on the trail lately -- is that still a problem or have they stopped that from happening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 12:11 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,661,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Whoa! Think of all the lots in Midtown, Buckhead and downtown that have been vacant or neglected for decades. Why can't the owners simply wait until the market is right?
By neglected I mean piles of tires, syringes etcetera or used as a trap on a regular basis. If the property is perpetually unsafe and filled with garbage I have little sympathy for the owner.

I'm not just referring to lots where the grass is a little too tall and I do think there should be years worth of warnings before this happens. They need a fair chance to fix up the property.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:13 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,661,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Has Arjay hijacked your account?

I walked by there the other day. The wire that ropes it off is several feet off the trail and then there is a buffer zone of a few more feet before you get to the sculpture. Any kid who falls in there is willfully misbehaving and unsupervised and any adult who falls into it is drunk or high. If you're not joking, take it up with the organizers.
I laughed at this. If it's a few feet off the trail I agree with you.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:22 PM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,532,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I happen to agree. If the thing is off the trail and protected by a buffer zone it should be pretty safe.

My bigger concern is about it being vandalized. I haven't been on the trail lately -- is that still a problem or have they stopped that from happening?
Other than bridge abutments (which are not part of the Beltline) getting tagged, I haven't noticed any vandalism, or signs of buffing over vandalism on the Beltline (I can only speak for the Eastside trail and the Reynoldstown unpaved pathway). Certainly no vandalism on any of the sanctioned artworks. I'm sure it will happen eventually, and probably has happened a little bit, but I wouldn't call it a problem.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:20 PM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,532,078 times
Lantern Parade Kicks off Art on the Beltline | Places | HGTV FrontDoor

Old 08-21-2013, 03:05 PM

28,203 posts, read 24,802,750 times
That is a great event. I have been on it twice before the path was paved and even then it was cool.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:02 PM

9,956 posts, read 6,957,017 times
How The Beltline's Next Phase Looks Right Now - Visual Journeys - Curbed Atlanta

Old 09-06-2013, 08:56 AM

22,244 posts, read 16,284,161 times
Default Edgewood Ave bridge renderings

Edgewood Avenue Bridge // Atlanta BeltLine
Completion date April 2014.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:22 AM

1,061 posts, read 883,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I've been to the end of the current Beltline at Irwin, and I can't wait to see the next section (and Krog Street Market) come together and meet the new Edgewood bridge. I know a few people that live in Glenwood Park, and seeing the Beltline there will be huge for that area, especially since Fuqua just got FUBARed.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:44 AM

402 posts, read 570,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Anyone know if there is any room for more apartments or something like those row houses being built a few blocks north near Highland Ave? Seems like that area has tons of room for new commercial / residential projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta