Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 02:08 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,339,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
That’s not what they are looking to do. They are well aware that paid parking is available.

Exactly! If one can save money, then why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I’d recommend getting food at Eats. It’s really good, I get the $6 three veggie and cornbread deal when I go. They also have excellent jerk chicken, and cheap beer. It’s directly across the street from Ponce City Market. PCM is still worth checking out, just to see the building, even if you don’t get food there.

Menu | Eats Restaurant

Thanks for the advice! I will definitely look Eats up...haven't heard.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triptychnueve View Post
Remind me again, what are they looking to do? Take several minutes to search, create a new post, respond to a post, to save three dollars in parking? Inconvenience others by taking up parking in another lot to save three dollars? They are willing to drive all the way to PCM, eat and shop at PCM, but are not willing to pay three dollars to park at the facility? Someone is going to drive in from OTP to have lunch at Eats and just look at PCM from across Ponce? Or take up on street parking in VaHi from residents and walk several blocks, just to save three dollars?

Uh...that's what this forum is about. Sometimes it's not easy to find the information you want and people on here are quite knowledgeable about Atlanta and the Metro.

Don't you think it's a little elitist of you to put down others for trying to save money? Inconvenience others by taking up parking in another lot? Are you serious? You're making a big deal out of nothing.

You are making a lot of assumptions and so you should stop. I never mentioned anything about shopping and it's not like I was planning on going there to eat some expensive food and so why not pay for the parking. Prior to your post, I didn't even know so many of the places were expensive.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post because I don't know where you are getting your information from.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
You are assuming that they are coming from OTP, not that they are doing anything wrong if that is the case. I live in Midtown and I’ll do the same thing as they do to save on parking when I’m going elsewhere in the city. I don’t own a parking space at my condo building, so I rely on on street parking at home, and there is often a lot of competition for a spot. When an event like Music Midtown or Pride is going on, I don’t move my car for the weekend. I’m not bothered by it. That’s just part of living in the city, and I appreciate living somewhere that has a lot happening. On street parking isn’t owned by homeowners, so no one should feel bad for using it. I just paid my property taxes today, so I sure as hell am not going to feel bad about it.

1) Exactly...don't know why people are making assumptions.

2) That's a great attitude to have. If one gets upset about people parking in spaces that they see as theirs when it's not theirs, they should consider getting a property where they won't have to worry about such things.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Park in the lot for the skate park, it’s not that much of a hike and you get a good walk up the beltline in if you’re calorie conscious.

Thanks Demonta!

Old 09-25-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
At least make a little sense, joey.

Joey is making a lot of sense. I advise you to read what he wrote again. You're such a hater...why are you putting this much energy into making others feel bad about trying to get free parking? The only thing you helped with was telling me PCM is expensive, but you've been rude about it as well as the whole parking situation. Everyone else who responded, I appreciate. You're the only one who's attacking me for trying to save money. If it's something that upsets you so, then perhaps you should just not click on the thread because you're not adding anything valuable to the conversation.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxdiamond View Post
Psychology. People don't want to pay for something that they don't intend to buy. They see things like parking fees as throwing money into the abyss, a complete and utter waste. Amazon did a huge study on it during its infancy and learned how people hated paying for shipping. People would rather buy something for $19.99+free shipping than the exact same product $14.99+$4 shipping.

That's why nicer restaurants pony up for "free valet," because it entices customers to come to their restaurant, even though the costs are passed down as a more expensive meal. $50 steak with free valet or $40 identical steak with $5 parking? People want the $50 steak because it feels like eating $50 worth of food, versus $40 worth of food and throwing away $5.

Excellent post.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:45 PM

10,737 posts, read 13,302,131 times
Quote:
The skate park is over a mile away! What's the deal with people not wanting to pay three dollars to park? Who would ever give a recommendation to park over a mile away just to save three dollars? I'm doing mental gymnastics here trying to figure out the psychology around refusing to pay three dollars for parking. And it's quite simple to pay, especially if you use the Park Mobile app.
I'd park a mile away to save $3 unless I was going to haul something bulky back to my car. It's admirable to be cost conscious. I understand that not everyone may think that way, and that's okay.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:23 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,329,577 times
I don't even remember having to pay at PCM, although I think we usually took uber. But, $3 wouldn't be much of a deterrent for me.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:45 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,751,152 times
Quote:
I'd love to see some of your other 'thrifty' options if you'd sign up to walk a mile to save $3.

Sounds like you don't value your time. There's a difference in being frugal and being cheap. Walking a mile to save $3 is being cheap. I'd bet you would be fun (and probably a bit smelly from the walk) at parties
But that 1 mile on the BeltLine is not a waste of time, but an enjoyable walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: