U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-03-2013, 07:34 PM
 
6 posts, read 4,962 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Is this thread a joke? You can't even get the area code of the Buffalo right in your user name (I'd give someone else the benefit of the doubt that such a decision was intentional, but not you, given the rest of the content you've provided), and you might wanna leArn the ropes of spelling before you attempt to learn the ropes of becoming a business owner. You're certainly going to be reliant on others to do the marketing for you, that's for sure.

signed, fellow Buffalonian
First in formost im fully aware of what my home town is! 715 is my bday *******! Also ive owned a business before and was VERY successful! Im asking these questions because ive never been there and its a different way of life! It doesnt help to be rude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 PM
 
1,584 posts, read 1,655,145 times
Reputation: 1197
Sorry about our trolls new york. Funny thing is they are typically northerners. The people of our city are welcoming. Last year we were #2 in job growth, this year we will probably be #1. By some estimates we are the fastest growing city in the nation. Atlanta is very business friendly. Housing is very affordable especially compared to nyc. A lot of great business people have had their start here. Your post could have been put together a little better but people shouldn't grill you because of it. I just didn't want you to think these people represent our city. We have a lot of good to offer and if you want to be a part of it we would be happy to have you. Have a nice day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 PM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,866,730 times
Reputation: 2908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
also, Atlanta is a cultural wasteland...even moreso than Buffalo, if that's possible...yeah, it's possible.
Atlanta is rich in culture.Particularly African American culture.As an African American I welcome ALL people to come and learn the rich history of that culture and ALL cultures who have made Atlanta a city that people want to live and visit.If someone wants to remain ignorant of that then it is certainly their prerogative.
You sound angry.Why are you antagonizing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 12:45 AM
 
110 posts, read 122,820 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Atlanta is rich in culture.Particularly African American culture.As an African American I welcome ALL people to come and learn the rich history of that culture and ALL cultures who have made Atlanta a city that people want to live and visit.If someone wants to remain ignorant of that then it is certainly their prerogative.
You sound angry.Why are you antagonizing?
It is because of African Americans that other minorities and ethnic groups could even think of living in Atlanta. I was very surprised to see so many various cultures living in Atlanta. I expected racism and just white and black people but turned out the opposite. Nicest people I have met in a big city and haven't experienced big race problems. I have only heard of complaints on here but I take those with a grain of salt. It's somewhat hard for me to believe the word of someone claiming to have experienced racism on Marta trains when that person hasn't even used it. Atlanta is a nice city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,866,730 times
Reputation: 2908
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_GUY View Post
It is because of African Americans that other minorities and ethnic groups could even think of living in Atlanta. I was very surprised to see so many various cultures living in Atlanta. I expected racism and just white and black people but turned out the opposite. Nicest people I have met in a big city and haven't experienced big race problems. I have only heard of complaints on here but I take those with a grain of salt. It's somewhat hard for me to believe the word of someone claiming to have experienced racism on Marta trains when that person hasn't even used it. Atlanta is a nice city.
Anything is possible in any big city.Yet I can say with certainty that its not close to what is normal.I like it and I like what its become.I welcome all people to keep adding to what already is here as it continues to grow.

Personally I'm an optimist. I believe if you have the will to do good,you can make it anywhere.Im not super wealthy or anywhere near it but I;m comfortable.I work fo myself now and could not be happier with the life I have here.For an entrepreneur Atlanta is on the top of many list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
1,052 posts, read 1,308,853 times
Reputation: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
also, Atlanta is a cultural wasteland...even moreso than Buffalo, if that's possible...yeah, it's possible.
Look at the population history of Atlanta and Buffalo. It says something about the two.

And Georgia's Republican policies have helped it grow. Buffalo will have a hard time coming back being in NY. Detroit is lucky to be in Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top