U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 01:29 AM

24 posts, read 49,255 times

Advertisements

lol. I'm white and I live in Powder Springs, Ga its almost like living in a small Atlanta. So for the most part I'm fine around here. I've been to Atlanta many times, I rarely had any problems with racist blacks, because most blacks in Atlanta, or Metro Atlanta isn't racist, at least from what I experienced. Be careful though parts of Atlanta is high in crime still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 04:06 AM

70 posts, read 75,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomikie92 View Post
lol. I'm white and I live in Powder Springs, Ga its almost like living in a small Atlanta. So for the most part I'm fine around here. I've been to Atlanta many times, I rarely had any problems with racist blacks, because most blacks in Atlanta, or Metro Atlanta isn't racist, at least from what I experienced. Be careful though parts of Atlanta is high in crime still.
It's funny I just don't see it.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,481 times
[mod]link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed[/mod]this link is Atlanta Population and Demographics (Atlanta, GA) these are the most current demographics of atlanta, so yes Atlanta is mostly African American and coming from a completely different state you've been your whole life can be intimidating and Georgia segregates itself a lot compared to other places and has the least amount of foreigners than most other major cities so i get the original question, But its changing, because atlanta has become so popular lately.

To answer your question honestly and without judgment, jeremiahatlvcharlotte, The most diverse and open area would be the marrietta kennesaw area just outside of the perimeter (285) northwest of atlanta. North Cobb Christian school I heard is diverse and good. In Atlanta, North Decatur is Diverse, Cabbage Town maybe, Inman Park-Little Five Points, Buckhead, and I heard the best middle school/everything school is Atlanta International. I mean the place your looking for that is similar to LA ..Your gonna have to pay to get or experience. And I suggest when you get here, since you don't have friends to help you find a place or assimilate you, go to ProMove to help you land an apartment thats affordable and ideal for you, etc, then once you feel it all out you will know exactly what you like and where you wanna live. Georgia is like a mini America wrapped up into one state. You can go from one city to the next and not one is at all like the other, which is cool. And down here there is not as much judgment as there is out west or up north. People are quicker to forgive and accept and not everything is so deep and heavy. (mind you some areas are but very few by comparison) So good luck.

Last edited by Yac; 03-18-2014 at 08:10 AM..

Old 03-17-2014, 07:43 PM

6,458 posts, read 7,264,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieqlovesblue View Post
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed this link is Atlanta Population and Demographics (Atlanta, GA) these are the most current demographics of atlanta, so yes Atlanta is mostly African American and coming from a completely different state you've been your whole life can be intimidating and Georgia segregates itself a lot compared to other places and has the least amount of foreigners than most other major cities so i get the original question, But its changing, because atlanta has become so popular lately.

To answer your question honestly and without judgment, jeremiahatlvcharlotte, The most diverse and open area would be the marrietta kennesaw area just outside of the perimeter (285) northwest of atlanta. North Cobb Christian school I heard is diverse and good. In Atlanta, North Decatur is Diverse, Cabbage Town maybe, Inman Park-Little Five Points, Buckhead, and I heard the best middle school/everything school is Atlanta International. I mean the place your looking for that is similar to LA ..Your gonna have to pay to get or experience. And I suggest when you get here, since you don't have friends to help you find a place or assimilate you, go to ProMove to help you land an apartment thats affordable and ideal for you, etc, then once you feel it all out you will know exactly what you like and where you wanna live. Georgia is like a mini America wrapped up into one state. You can go from one city to the next and not one is at all like the other, which is cool. And down here there is not as much judgment as there is out west or up north. People are quicker to forgive and accept and not everything is so deep and heavy. (mind you some areas are but very few by comparison) So good luck.
Well Cobb does follow a trend where the core suburban counties are the diverse standouts.

However, Kennesaw isn't exactly the most diverse place in Atlanta. You will find a higher diversity index in central and Southern Cobb. Most of Gwinnett County will have a higher diversity index altogether. Spend some time in West and and central west Gwinnett and you'll find yourself a real eye-opener if you think Kennesaw is the most diverse part of town.

Many of those intown locations are actually pricey and below avg on the diversity index in metro Atlanta.

You also need a source with updated sources (not from the year 2000). The city of Atlanta is barely hanging onto a Black majority currently.

Atlanta is also one of the least segregated cities statistically speaking. Granted, much of this occurs in the suburbs.

Chicago, Detroit, NYC, etc... Those are segregated cities. Diverse yes, but heavily segregated neighborhoods.

I'm also unsure about your statement that Atlanta has the least amount of foreigners than any major city. It will vary differently from city to city. I think from the tilted inaccuracies of your reply, you're just on the wrong side of town to see it.

Last edited by Yac; 03-18-2014 at 08:10 AM..

Old 03-18-2014, 07:14 AM

1,151 posts, read 928,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosolar View Post
****s sake people. Just google Atlanta demographics. MOST OF ATLANTA IS NOT BLACK.
Thank you.

This person is either a troll or silly.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:30 AM

103 posts, read 100,458 times
I don't understand why people care if Atlanta has huge of number of any skin color. Some of you guys act like its a competition or something. haha

Old 05-15-2014, 12:04 PM

6,612 posts, read 6,546,255 times
I don't understand why someone would determine what "Atlanta" cares about by the comments of a couple of trolls posting on this site.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:55 PM

789 posts, read 641,527 times
Isnt Atlanta over 50 percent black? Or has that changed? Maybe not if you count the metro, but we are talking CoA.

Last edited by Larry X; 05-15-2014 at 05:04 PM..

Old 05-15-2014, 05:20 PM

6,612 posts, read 6,546,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
Isnt Atlanta over 50 percent black? Or has that changed? Maybe not if you count the metro, but we are talking CoA.
That percentage has dropped significantly over recent years, but yes I believe it is still more than 50%.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:23 PM

7,113 posts, read 8,122,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellevueman240 View Post
I don't understand why people care if Atlanta has huge of number of any skin color. Some of you guys act like its a competition or something. haha
It's what drives Atlanta. The topic is like 24/7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or