U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,243 posts, read 16,276,523 times
Reputation: 4924

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlin View Post
Would you guys say that Cabbagetown and Reynoldstown are equally transitional or does it really depend which pocket you're in?
Its street-by-street in many SE Atlanta neighborhoods. Visit the area during the day and night to see what and whose around. To not be a target of car break-ins, don't leave ANYTHING in sight. Coins, cables, empty bags, etc. Or just leave car unlocked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 AM
 
135 posts, read 467,683 times
Reputation: 34
Cant' speak for the Milltown Lofts themselves, but as to the sense of community - here is the initiative that has started within the last year in Cabbagetown.

Cabbagetown Security Patrol - Home

Basically residents are voluntarily buying a membership for this to help fund hiring private security and/or off-duty APD officers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 AM
JPD
 
11,883 posts, read 14,525,287 times
Reputation: 7568
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho View Post
Cant' speak for the Milltown Lofts themselves, but as to the sense of community - here is the initiative that has started within the last year in Cabbagetown.

Cabbagetown Security Patrol - Home

Basically residents are voluntarily buying a membership for this to help fund hiring private security and/or off-duty APD officers.
Again, since Milltown Lofts is not in Cabbagetown, the Cabbagetown Security Patrol is not providing security for Milltown. However, Milltown is close enough to Cabbagetown that many residents probably go to bars and restaurants in Cabbagetown regularly, so this patrol will improve their security when they do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 10:11 AM
 
1,391 posts, read 2,492,348 times
Reputation: 826
If by chance it is unit 902, it is ours. Think we are under contract as of today to sell. There are a few for sale in there though.

The area is definitely a transitional neighborhood, but as long as you're a little street smart you won't encounter any issues... little things like lock doors to car, etc.

Last edited by ATL Golfer; 02-06-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 10:32 AM
 
14 posts, read 48,713 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Its street-by-street in many SE Atlanta neighborhoods. Visit the area during the day and night to see what and whose around. To not be a target of car break-ins, don't leave ANYTHING in sight. Coins, cables, empty bags, etc. Or just leave car unlocked?
Yeah, i'd say that I am fairly careful of leaving valuables in my car at all. I am more concerned of violent crime and robbery/break-ins. I guess being in the gated Milltown does help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 AM
 
14 posts, read 48,713 times
Reputation: 10
Thanks for everyones responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 10:59 AM
JPD
 
11,883 posts, read 14,525,287 times
Reputation: 7568
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlin View Post
Yeah, i'd say that I am fairly careful of leaving valuables in my car at all. I am more concerned of violent crime and robbery/break-ins. I guess being in the gated Milltown does help.
These types of crime have been going down steadily for years. Larceny (car break ins) remain high, though. The good thing is, we can control whether or not we become a victim to this type of crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top