Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 05:57 PM

104 posts, read 420,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
These are all great schools. They all meet your criteria as well. The funny thing is, if I was to ever live in East Cobb again, these are the exact school districts that I would to settle in and let my child(ren) attend.

In terms of commuting, my sister-in-law commutes from East Cobb to Alpharetta and it is not too bad. I would call it an "ok/decent" commute. She lives in the Mountain View district which borders right along the Addison district that you listed--and has a small border with the Kincaid district as well.

Considering the schools you listed and your criteria, I also recommend that you add Nicholson Elementary to your list.

Now, some other posters have said that you want to look even closer to your job in Alpharetta. Considering your East Cobb list and your other criteria, you may find some of the same qualities in the following elementary school districts in the North Fulton area:

Esther Jackson*
Alpharetta
Roswell North
Hillside
Hembree Springs
Manning Oaks

*Definitely look in this district. The Martin's Landing neighborhood in particular.

I hope this helps some. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Good Luck!
Thanks for the reply and advice. I found a home I love in the Blackwell school district, and another in the Shallowford district. I think I am going to end up going with the Blackwell house if they accept my offer.

Funny you should mention Martin's Landing- that is seriously my dream neighborhood! My problem is my budget is only about 150k and I haven't found much in N Fulton at that price I liked.

I did a test drive on Friday after work and it wasn't fun dealing with all the surface streets but definitely doable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 06:00 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
150K is tight. Since you didn't define your housing needs, but there are some in south & mid Forsyth in the 180+ range. That i've seen around.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
150K is tight. Since you didn't define your housing needs, but there are some in south & mid Forsyth in the 180+ range. That i've seen around.
Yes my realtor told me about Forsyth, especially with their lower taxes, but I did not see enough diversity in the elementary schools in that price range. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calitransplant27 View Post
Thanks for the reply and advice. I found a home I love in the Blackwell school district, and another in the Shallowford district. I think I am going to end up going with the Blackwell house if they accept my offer.

Funny you should mention Martin's Landing- that is seriously my dream neighborhood! My problem is my budget is only about 150k and I haven't found much in N Fulton at that price I liked.

I did a test drive on Friday after work and it wasn't fun dealing with all the surface streets but definitely doable.

Do you mean the Shallowford Falls elementary district?

In which neighborhoods are these houses located (Blackwell district and Shallowford Falls district)???

Old 02-10-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Do you mean the Shallowford Falls elementary district?

In which neighborhoods are these houses located (Blackwell district and Shallowford Falls district)???
So my favorite is near Blackwell & Canton road and it goes Blackwell>Daniell>Sprayberry

The other one was Shallowford Falls >forget which middle >Pope. This one is called Rolling Acres.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:39 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calitransplant27 View Post
So my favorite is near Blackwell & Canton road and it goes Blackwell>Daniell>Sprayberry

The other one was Shallowford Falls >forget which middle >Pope. This one is called Rolling Acres.

Rolling Acres is a good neighborhood--a lot of my classmates lived there. The middle school is Hightower Trail.

Either one is a good choice--though Blackwell, etc. will have more of the school environment you are looking for.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 PM

Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta