Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 05:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,514 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm looking to relocate to ATL over the next few months (from the NY/NJ/CT) area.

I'm searching for jobs in the Radiology/CT/Interventional tech field and would appreciate some advice.
My plan is to interview for positions from here then move ONLY after I accept a serious offer (I'm very experienced with a license and several certifications under my belt). However, i'm not sure how to go about finding open/active positions. I've tried indeed and linkedin, but the jobs seem sparse; plus, a lot of them require online applications, which are notorious for weeding out suitable applicants. Don't get me wrong, i'm MORE than willing to do the legwork. However, I want to be as efficient as possible.

I'm interested in living in either Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, or Buckhead and would love a clinic or hospital close to home. I'll be in the area next week to check some places out, so i'd REALLY appreciate your advice. What's the best way to target open/active positions? Are the online applications the only way or is it acceptable to reach out to hiring managers directly? Do you know of any hospitals that are currently hiring full-time technologists (If so, can you please PM me)?
Thank you SO much for your help!

And if anyone wants the lowdown on the NY/NJ/CT area from someone who's lived there all their life, feel free to message me. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,514 times
H again,
Since i'm pretty new to the forum, I don't know how to reply to "reputation" comments (not even sure what they are). But a kind person sent me a message asking why I'm considering Atlanta over places like SF, Boston, DC..
Well kind person, your question can be answered in three words- Cost of Living! I'm TIRED of paying inflated rates for EVERYTHING. I've lived in the manhattan area all my life and i'm ready for a breath of fresh air and a wider wallet. If I move to SF, Boston or DC, i'll pretty much be dealing with the same frustrating scenario- hand to mouth living. Where I live, decent and OLD 3-4 bedroom houses go for 800k and above + taxes are between 20-30k per year. Fun times!
So yeah, i'm ready to go (and finally become a home-owner!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta