U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 PM

195 posts, read 371,641 times

Advertisements

If I were MARTA, I would set my sights on the surface parking lots adjacent to Garnett station. It's like the savanna out there with so much barely-used real estate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 AM

6,795 posts, read 6,610,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Buy a subscription instead of trying to mooch off the pay based content.
Ridiculous to be honest. Someone on this board linked to the article. I think we deserve to have the information that isn't on there.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM

22,207 posts, read 16,223,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Another one they mention is Brookhaven. There's already a lot going on there and MARTA could really help. They ought to put in a platform station at Town Brookhaven (no parking or anything like that).
A station to serve Town Brookhaven and Oglethorpe Univ.
The north parking lot at Brookhaven, bordering Peachtree Rd is the perfect place for a mixed-use development.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:05 PM

262 posts, read 267,882 times
Quote:
Buy a subscription instead of trying to mooch off the pay based content.
Buy an entire subscription just to read one single article? Seriously, you just took this opportunity to act like a complete jackwagon and whaddayaknow...it's not turning out well for you.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:19 PM

2,407 posts, read 2,615,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Williams View Post
Buy an entire subscription just to read one single article? Seriously, you just took this opportunity to act like a complete jackwagon and whaddayaknow...it's not turning out well for you.
I want subscriber content for FREEEEeeeee! Someone pends resources to produces it and I want it without paying!!!

Johny, that is not a good look.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 PM

262 posts, read 267,882 times
Quote:
I want subscriber content for FREEEEeeeee! Someone pends resources to produces it and I want it without paying!!!

Johny, that is not a good look.
For someone who rarely reads the Atlanta Business Chronicle, paying for a year's subscription (at $59.99) just to read one article that happens to spike their interest just doesn't make sense.

Also, following the New York Times model doesn't work for all online journals. Scientific journals and legal journals? Sure, since people in those fields are more likely to pay up for premium content that's of interest to them. Ordinary people who already get general news from a variety of free sources? Not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
MARTA owns a lot of valuable real estate. Time they started developing it and earning revenue.
Most definitely.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 PM

858 posts, read 1,087,756 times
The five stations are:

Brookhaven
King Memorial
Avondale
Hamilton E. Holmes
Lindbergh

MARTA says those are the most likely ones to have projects within two years. They will be presenting ideas to developers in March and requesting qualifications this summer.

That's all the article says. It's half a dozen paragraphs long and contains roughly as much information as its headline. The most interesting part of it was a spelling mistake.

Fortunately for those of us who don't want to pay to read useless deadline-driven filler shat out by soulless writers using software with no spelling correction feature, information wants to be free (especially when it's about a publicly funded transit system).

Old 02-16-2013, 05:19 PM

453 posts, read 656,093 times
Its about time Marta did this. I could also add Medical center to the list if Marta own the surrounding land.

Brookhaven is a no brainer and the idea of an interim station at Town Brookhaven is a very good one.

I also think Midtown is prime to build actually on top of the station.

Longterm land near any Marta station is gonna be a great investment.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:33 PM

727 posts, read 1,038,229 times
The southeast entrance to Peachtree Center Station could use a tower over it.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:56 AM

347 posts, read 332,400 times
I think the Sandy Spring station would be great too. It seems that there is a huge section that is nothing but woods and doesn't appear to never get any attention by developers. I mean they could build a hugh mid rise building right near the entrance and there is another hugh (even bigger than righ at the station entrance) plot of land that could be a mix of condos/apts, offices, and retail. Maybe even another tower (over 20 stories). There is even great access to Ga 400.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or