U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 02:26 PM

858 posts, read 1,085,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
MARTA is doing great things for Atlanta, Fulton, and DeKalb counties. Glad to see the massive and expensive land they have acquired are being put to good use. With the intown apartment market hot, these parcels are very attractive.
To be clear, the land around the Dunwoody and Sandy Springs stations isn't owned by MARTA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 06:34 AM

6,370 posts, read 4,522,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
MARTA is doing great things for Atlanta, Fulton, and DeKalb counties. Glad to see the massive and expensive land they have acquired are being put to good use. With the intown apartment market hot, these parcels are very attractive.
it has not happened yet, just a lot of talking right now. King Station has the most potential as its already a TOD.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:42 AM

27,725 posts, read 24,737,149 times
This is how MARTA should have been developed from the jump, much like DC's Metro. It would have resulted in an overall more urban and dense Atlanta, but better late than never. These developments even have the ability to transform neighborhoods seen as rough or less-than-desirable at the moment, like Oakland City and West Lake, especially as in-town neighborhoods near transit become more and more in demand.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:51 AM

347 posts, read 331,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Great article!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
This is how MARTA should have been developed from the jump, much like DC's Metro. It would have resulted in an overall more urban and dense Atlanta, but better late than never. These developments even have the ability to transform neighborhoods seen as rough or less-than-desirable at the moment, like Oakland City and West Lake, especially as in-town neighborhoods near transit become more and more in demand.
There still seems to be some activity with the Oakland City and Lakewood/Ft. McPherson stations redevelopment

||- McPherson Redevelopment -||

This would COMPLETELY change that area. It may even extend new development along Lee St from Avon Ave to Donelly Ave and along the Murphy, Sylvan, Avon triangle (which I remember something not to long ago proposed for that area).

Old 03-18-2013, 10:32 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,653,694 times
Thanks for pointing out the McPherson redevelopment meetings bfarley. Maybe they will have good news soon. Fingers crossed.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 AM

22,147 posts, read 16,140,747 times
Execs: MARTA is Key to Attracting Tech Employees in Perimeter Area - Sandy Springs, GA Patch
Just shows that MARTA plays a big role in attracting businesses to Perimeter Center.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:49 PM

27,725 posts, read 24,737,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfarley30 View Post
There still seems to be some activity with the Oakland City and Lakewood/Ft. McPherson stations redevelopment

||- McPherson Redevelopment -||

This would COMPLETELY change that area. It may even extend new development along Lee St from Avon Ave to Donelly Ave and along the Murphy, Sylvan, Avon triangle (which I remember something not to long ago proposed for that area).
I was unaware of this proposed development; thanks for that info! How far along is the process?

This area is definitely ripe for redevelopment. There are some boarded-up older homes in Oakland City with good bones that could be snatched up for cheap. Maybe I should look into making an investment...

Old 03-19-2013, 09:41 AM

347 posts, read 331,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I was unaware of this proposed development; thanks for that info! How far along is the process?

This area is definitely ripe for redevelopment. There are some boarded-up older homes in Oakland City with good bones that could be snatched up for cheap. Maybe I should look into making an investment...
From the website it still appears in the planning stages; probably a few years before the shovels come out. I think it will be great for the area though and even extend up toward the West End. Lee Street from Campbellton to Donnelly could be a very nice urban strip and the Sylvan Rd area from Lee to Dill could be another great dense area of condos and apartments instead of all those old warehouses and junk yards. Plus there are actually some really nice and well kept older homes back there near Adams Park and even out past 285 along the Campbellton corridor. I wish I had the money to build some really large developments because I would focus on areas like this and transform that area completely versus just doing everything on the north side of town.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,374,197 times
Just came up

MARTA, developers may start projects at three stations by early fall | SaportaReport

Old 03-22-2013, 09:40 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,653,694 times
Beat me to it tiki.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or