U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 11:59 AM

22,147 posts, read 16,147,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
yes, the officer could have jumped in and attempted pulling them away from one another. But then that would create an unnecessary risk for the officer to be injured.
A trained officer wearing a vest afraid to get injured by 12 year old girls, wtf?

Old 02-11-2013, 12:16 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,317,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
If someone can't break up a fight between two 12 year old girls without a weapon they shouldn't be a cop.
I don't think you get it. Breaking up the fight without a Taser would likely have injured the girls, whereas the Taser left them unharmed.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:20 PM

9,555 posts, read 8,619,721 times
I just hope that a parent spanked their butts as well! But, now that I think about it, it is likely a lack of discipline at home that is the root problem here.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,317,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
A trained officer wearing a vest afraid to get injured by 12 year old girls, wtf?
It's funny how the belief that women are weaker than men is only expressed when women are victims. When it comes to hiring women as police officers or letting women into the military, suddenly it's GUURRRL POWER!!!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:28 PM

9,002 posts, read 16,123,201 times
Well one of the mom didn't spank her butt, she called all the ATL media, and was

They did this to my baby... they should apologies for what they did to my baby.

Btw the 12yo that they showed on TV was a Good Sized Girl.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 PM

22,147 posts, read 16,147,338 times
Quote:
If you know exactly how things should be handled... how about you become a police officer. Or maybe you are just too good for that?
No, I'd be racial profiling white men for serial killers and mass shooters.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 PM

28,113 posts, read 24,639,595 times
The situation must have been pretty ferocious if the guard had to resort to a taser to stop these young ladies from fighting. According to Shakya, the only people on the bus who were trying to break this up were her teacher, the principal and another student.

The next thing she knew this officer comes out of nowhere and starts yelling stop. Where was he before things got so out of control?

Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,976,792 times
I think that the comments in this thread by some of the posters evince much implied racial discrimination. Calling the children "hoodlums," stating that "baby daddies" never taught them better, calling them "animals." These are cover terms for racial terms. In other words, I suspect that they would not be called such things if they were not obviously Black. That is wrong.

Further, apparently numerous posters failed to read the article. The article says that the child whose mother reported the matter suffered from a heart condition. Therefore, the person who said tasers can only kill someone with a compromised heart condition makes the OP's point exactly (while inadvertently). Further, the mother stated that the child was fighting in self-defense. Since when is defending one's self worthy of being accused of having no home training and being a hoodlum. Gun toting masses in Georgia assert widely the right to actually SHOOT SOMEONE and possibly kill or maim in self-defense and they do not wish to be considered hoodlums and animals. However, a 12 year old defending herself WITH HER HANDS is an animal? Double standard. We need to stop. Finally, so, everyone on this board calling this 12 year old an animal for fighting back was also an animal when he/she had fights while growing up, right? They also did not have home training and were acting as hoodlums, right? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. An animal is an animal is an animal. Racial politics aside.

And let me say that, yes, I am VERY annoyed that a 6 foot 2 inch police officer, formally trained to take people down did not feel that he could break up this fight between two GIRLS without using a taser. He didn't even try. I suspect that most men on this Board could have handled that...without formal police training.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:13 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,653,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
I don't think you get it. Breaking up the fight without a Taser would likely have injured the girls, whereas the Taser left them unharmed.
I do get it. Breaking them up without one could injure them. Using a taser can kill. It's simple.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:14 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,653,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
It's funny how the belief that women are weaker than men is only expressed when women are victims. When it comes to hiring women as police officers or letting women into the military, suddenly it's GUURRRL POWER!!!!!
They aren't women. They are children. I don't think you get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or