U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:30 PM

2,407 posts, read 2,620,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
They aren't women. They are children. I don't think you get it.
The parents should be tazed too. Get em all!

There is no place for this stuff in society. It is better these out of control young ladies learn now before 10 years from now they bring their 12 children down to the downtown mall, start talking smack to a security guard and get tazed in front of their kids.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 PM

557 posts, read 551,050 times
Well obviously the police officer gave her verbal commands before deploying his tazer. She failed to follow the verbal commands and got tazed. I hope next time the verbal command is not drop the gun before she gets shot. If the cop tells you to do something then do it. The tazer or pepper spray is an appropriate use of force for this situation. Pepper spray would have been worse contaminating the bus and other individuals. The tazer worked like a charm and didnt injure anyone. Problem solved.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 PM

6,797 posts, read 6,632,200 times
This is the life in the Atlanta area for you. On one end of the spectrum, you have this and on the other end, you have rednecks shooting their guns wildly an carefree with little regard to the people living in the immediate area.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 PM

9,190 posts, read 29,656,118 times
Some of the comments have gotten a bit personal and attackish. One word, folks - "Don't".

Stick to the topic only... not what you think about other's opinions or other posters, please.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 PM

4,987 posts, read 4,028,354 times
Without knowing all the details of the situation, let's not forget that not every middle school girl is a sweet and cute little child. Hell, it's just as naive to pigeonhole them into that stereotype as it is to assume that the girls in this case were some sort of "thugs." Speaking of which, I'd like to echo LovelySummer's comments--we need to be really careful with the racial stereotyping here.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:45 PM

492 posts, read 602,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Sounds better than using a gun. If you don't like it homeschool the future thug
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

I can't really judge without knowing more facts, but I do know this.....I bet kids are a lot less likely to fight if they know they may get the taser if they do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Sounds like they were acting like a bunch of animals and got what they deserved. When a police officer gives you a direction..you comply plain and simple. What should the officer risk getting hurt while jumping in the middle of a fight or spraying pepper spray onto everyone other then the intended target. Good job to the officer. Thug goes to jail. Probably their babies daddy never taught them any respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
The parents should be tazed too. Get em all!

There is no place for this stuff in society. It is better these out of control young ladies learn now before 10 years from now they bring their 12 children down to the downtown mall, start talking smack to a security guard and get tazed in front of their kids.

Do you guys think it's wrong for kids to defend themselves in school? I have never heard this opinion before.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 PM

2 middle school students Tased | www.wsbtv.com

Also,that is not a little girl. I don't care what age is....

Old 02-12-2013, 12:28 AM

4,987 posts, read 4,028,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiatoChina View Post
2 middle school students Tased | www.wsbtv.com

Also,that is not a little girl. I don't care what age is....
Was I the only one disturbed by the mother's "aww my poor baby" reaction? I don't know about you guys, but if *I* had gotten into a fight so bad that the school cop had to taze me, I would have been terrified to get anywhere near my parents for at least the next couple of days.

Another thing: There is a real reason that the male SRO did not make physical contact with these female students, and it's called liability. Yes, the way things are these days, that officer could well have taken a greater liability risk by merely making physical contact with the girls, even to break up the fight.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Was I the only one disturbed by the mother's "aww my poor baby" reaction? I don't know about you guys, but if *I* had gotten into a fight so bad that the school cop had to taze me, I would have been terrified to get anywhere near my parents for at least the next couple of days.
If you actually listen to the girl she said she was attacked and defended herself.

Me always being the kid who was picked on and told I needed to stand up for myself if my mom found out I got into a fight at school she would know I was just pushed to edge and doing what I should have been doing/ she has been telling me to do since I started going to school with kids with bad parents.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:16 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,313,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post

Another thing: There is a real reason that the male SRO did not make physical contact with these female students, and it's called liability. Yes, the way things are these days, that officer could well have taken a greater liability risk by merely making physical contact with the girls, even to break up the fight.
This is definitely true nowadays.

My wife taught back in the day and said the girls were a bit worse than the boys when it came to fighting in school. But who knows what happens when they leave school grounds?

So what lawyer will they call to sue APS? I guess they will also sue the city and the taser maker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or