U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:27 AM

9,933 posts, read 6,935,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
How about they merge North Fulton with Cherokee, Cobb, or Forsyth and South Fulton with Dekalb and/or Clayton? That way we actually get less counties and both areas fit in better with the new counties.
This. If they have to do something. Less counties. Not more.

This gerrymandering to get the voters you want in an area has got to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 10:31 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,658,770 times
Milton had to join Fulton because they were broke. Now that they are rich they want to abandon South Fulton. That's about as ungrateful as possible. They were bankrupt before Fulton saved them.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:35 AM

6,920 posts, read 9,619,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
Milton had to join Fulton because they were broke. Now that they are rich they want to abandon South Fulton. That's about as ungrateful as possible. They were bankrupt before Fulton saved them.
Just to get history straight, south Fulton was then Campbell County and joined Fulton at the same time as Milton for the same reason.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:35 AM

9,583 posts, read 8,666,245 times
That was many moons ago. I can understand their frustration and desire to break from the rest of Fulton. Living in the city (Atlanta), I am adamantly opposed to it, but I can certainly understand.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,658,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Looking at the map above, here is my plan: Give the city of Roswell to Cobb, city of Milton to Cherokee and Alpharetta and Johns Creek to Forsyth. Let the remainder of Fulton and Dekalb merge into one and consolidate as one Greater Atlanta with boroughs of the existing cities and neighborhoods. Let further out areas of south Fulton and southeast DeKalb go to Coweta and Rockdale respectively if they want.

Elect me governor and I will get this done!
If we were to do anything with redrawing county lines you have the right idea.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:04 AM

28,185 posts, read 24,748,296 times
In lieu of trying to recreate Milton County, a number of peices of legislation have been introdued to restructure Futlon County.

Quote:
In a three-pronged thrust, the GOP legislators are attacking what they say is a fat and unresponsive Fulton government. Three bills dropped Feb. 1 will curb Fulton by:

• Reducing property taxes and curbing the county's ability to raise the millage rate.

• Making it easier to discipline and fire county employees.

Click here to view the proposed Fulton County Commission Districts.

• Correcting the imbalance of power on the county commission through redistricting.

More, including proposed redistricting maps....NorthFulton.com | North Fulton legislators move to reshape Fulton County

Old 02-12-2013, 01:07 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,122,478 times
Getting rid of Merit Systems Protection for employees will only result in people who will not whistle-blow even at the expense of lives lost, unfair and uneven pay-scales for the work performed, jobs that are created solely for the purpose of enriching the insiders(such as Chip Rogers's job with the GPB), and a patronage system that only the good ol' boys will be able to gain access to.

But I wouldn't expect the State Legislature to no more address these concerns than I expect pigs to fly.

I definitely expect our local media to do not much more than simply repeat the press releases from the State Legislature and Governor's Office upon the successful signing of these "reforms" into law.

Oh well...

Old 02-12-2013, 02:18 PM

22,209 posts, read 16,238,370 times
Quote:
Just to get history straight, south Fulton was then Campbell County and joined Fulton at the same time as Milton for the same reason.
Both areas were poor and broke during the depression, needed Fulton County and Atlanta to bail them out. Now that North Fulton is rich they don't want to be part of something larger, helping out those in need, and want to break into an upper-class exclusive enclave.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:48 PM

349 posts, read 759,919 times
Subscribing

Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 PM

2,663 posts, read 3,822,749 times
This will be a bust,there's no doubt about that. Chattahoochee county is a waste of land! Once part of Muscogee county,but was carved out for the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or