Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 04:09 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,228 times

Advertisements

Man, if that's the best rebuttal you got...then you ain't got a thing.

And I am honestly disappointed that you would rather rush a response like this to me...than to think out and then post a good and respectful counterargument.

But it doesn't matter, because I know where you stand anyways.

So there's not much else to say on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What about the fact that the NE quadrant of the Beltline has seen over 50 new projects in its first few years, whereas the rest of the Beltline has seen...well, none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 04:14 PM

16,691 posts, read 29,511,067 times
Quote:
What about the fact that the NE quadrant of the Beltline has seen over 50 new projects in its first few years, whereas the rest of the Beltline has seen...well, none.

Why would you post this and what does this have to with Acid's post?

Old 03-01-2013, 04:31 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,773,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Man, if that's the best rebuttal you got...then you ain't got a thing.
It's not rebuttal, it's agreement! We're seeing the same old development patterns replicated once again, even thought the Beltline is supposedly a groovy, creative class kind of project. Yet notice who's included and who's left out.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:47 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,228 times
Seems like you are trying in some ways to belittle my opinion, man.

I'm talking about political maneuvers with societal-wide implications and your response is like: "yeah and they should plant more bushes on the southside".

If this what I should expect from you, then feel free to either be upfront with your disliking what I say or just leave it alone.

Just don't insult my intelligence.

I've had enough of that already from a person who I thought knew where I was coming from. This city-data posting stuff is really starting to get old.

Quote:
It's not rebuttal, it's agreement! We're seeing the same old development patterns replicated once again, even thought the Beltline is supposedly a groovy, creative class kind of project. Yet notice who's included and who's left out.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:47 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,768,125 times
The only thing I want to mention is much of the accreditation school board business was spawned from years of political in-fighting and stubbornness that could have been avoided.

It was the reluctance of local officials to put the money in the right places at the administrative levels that caused most of the controversy.

Not as much as the other stuff which is caused by a change from state lawmakers.

Quote:
Interesting developments in the last couple of years, in Georgia, and in America.

1. SACS take out Morris Brown

2. New cities start springing up out of nowhere

3. Laws that are put into effect that try to confine tax money to where it is collected(2006 Shafer Amendment)

4. A Charter Commission is created to take on public schools; later an amendment to the Georgia Constitution is passed to make it totally legal

5. SACS start attacking metropolitan Atlanta school systems(first Clayton, then Atlanta, now Dekalb County)

6. A particular group of ideologues here in Georgia and across the U.S. began a concentrated and earnest attack on Section 5 of the 1965 Voting Rights Act

7. That same particular group of ideologues here in Georgia start an attack on the 17th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

8. A law is being proposed to take political power away from South Fulton to give to North Fulton County

9. A bill that passed the State House is proposed to privatized MARTA and give more power on the MARTA to North Fulton cities

10. Now there is bill here in Georgia that seeks to give every new city created in Georgia since 2005 the ability to start their own school systems

Conclusion:
Something is going on around here. Something really bad. Something so sinister, dark, and demented, that words alone can't describe it.

Am I the only person who is slowly putting the pieces together of what may be an age-old evil plot afoot?

Someone...please tell me that I am not the only person who sees something incredibly rotten going on in this state and country.

For the sake of the future, we the people who love life, love the planet, and love all the diversity in this world must figure out this situation and deal with it...and soon. Before humanity is destroyed by this divisive evil.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:33 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,993,141 times
Quote:
Interesting developments in the last couple of years, in Georgia, and in America.

1. SACS take out Morris Brown

2. New cities start springing up out of nowhere

3. Laws that are put into effect that try to confine tax money to where it is collected(2006 Shafer Amendment)

4. A Charter Commission is created to take on public schools; later an amendment to the Georgia Constitution is passed to make it totally legal

5. SACS start attacking metropolitan Atlanta school systems(first Clayton, then Atlanta, now Dekalb County)

6. A particular group of ideologues here in Georgia and across the U.S. began a concentrated and earnest attack on Section 5 of the 1965 Voting Rights Act

7. That same particular group of ideologues here in Georgia start an attack on the 17th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

8. A law is being proposed to take political power away from South Fulton to give to North Fulton County

9. A bill that passed the State House is proposed to privatized MARTA and give more power on the MARTA to North Fulton cities

10. Now there is bill here in Georgia that seeks to give every new city created in Georgia since 2005 the ability to start their own school systems

Conclusion:
Something is going on around here. Something really bad. Something so sinister, dark, and demented, that words alone can't describe it.

Am I the only person who is slowly putting the pieces together of what may be an age-old evil plot afoot?

Someone...please tell me that I am not the only person who sees something incredibly rotten going on in this state and country.

For the sake of the future, we the people who love life, love the planet, and love all the diversity in this world must figure out this situation and deal with it...and soon. Before humanity is destroyed by this divisive evil.
You are not alone in thinking this as I have seen the same. Though, my only point of disagreement is that those North Fulton cities have been trying to break away for a long time (led mainly by that Sith Lord Eva Galambos). They couldn't get any traction until the Democratic party lost the State government in 2002. As a matter of fact, we've been on a downhill slide ever since if you really think about it. The only consolidation for times like these is that the days are numbered for this cabal. Demographically speaking (both ethnically and politically), time is not on their side.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,784,703 times
You see *everything* as a sinister evil plot, but it is the people that see things any other way (or even propose solutions) that are getting old? Sometimes when folks propose arguably bad solution to very real problems, they are just wrong, not part of an evil plot. Of course, if you think this way, it does make discussing issues more challenging--you have to make an attempt at understanding other people's arguments, proposing solutions, and occasionally allow for the possibility that (occasionally) you might be wrong.
Quote:
Seems like you are trying in some ways to belittle my opinion, man.

I'm talking about political maneuvers with societal-wide implications and your response is like: "yeah and they should plant more bushes on the southside".

If this what I should expect from you, then feel free to either be upfront with your disliking what I say or just leave it alone.

Just don't insult my intelligence.

I've had enough of that already from a person who I thought knew where I was coming from. This city-data posting stuff is really starting to get old.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:12 AM

101 posts, read 154,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
You see *everything* as a sinister evil plot, but it is the people that see things any other way (or even propose solutions) that are getting old? Sometimes when folks propose arguably bad solution to very real problems, they are just wrong, not part of an evil plot. Of course, if you think this way, it does make discussing issues more challenging--you have to make an attempt at understanding other people's arguments, proposing solutions, and occasionally allow for the possibility that (occasionally) you might be wrong.
Perhaps he does admit he's wrong on some issues, I can't say either way. I don't know him.

However, that doesn't negate what he's posited: something sinister is going on, and I'm in full agreement. The fact that people are using religion to justify their hatred or intolerance is even more frightening.

People have been trying to undo the progressive politics of the 60s and 70s since Reagan. However only recently have good people been fighting back. This pushback then ratchets up the craziness from the evil ones.

I'll leave with some of my favorite quotes, as these are scary times we live in:

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” - attributed to Sinclair Lewis (but unconfirmed)

“When and if fascism comes to America it will not be labeled ‘made in Germany’; it will not be marked with a swastika; it will not even be called fascism; it will be called, of course, ‘Americanism’” – An uncredited New York Times reporter covering Halford E. Luccock in an article published September 12, 1938.

"As long as I’ve been aware of what Sarah Palin is, the brand of paranoid cultural politics she purveys, the slice of humanity she appeals to, I’ve been tirelessly recommending Sinclair Lewis’ novel 'It Can't Happen Here' (to borrow an expression from Hemingway) TO EVERY LITERATE PERSON I MEET. Read it– and as you do, substitute “Sarah Palin” for “Buzz Windrip” throughout. The similarities– the appeals to rural white populism, knownothingism, cultural resentment, et al.– are uncanny."

Old 03-02-2013, 10:18 AM

101 posts, read 154,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
You are not alone in thinking this as I have seen the same. Though, my only point of disagreement is that those North Fulton cities have been trying to break away for a long time (led mainly by that Sith Lord Eva Galambos). They couldn't get any traction until the Democratic party lost the State government in 2002. As a matter of fact, we've been on a downhill slide ever since if you really think about it. The only consolidation for times like these is that the days are numbered for this cabal. Demographically speaking (both ethnically and politically), time is not on their side.
Correct, time is not on their side, but that encourages them to desperation.

I left Atlanta for Brooklyn because I see their mindset creeping more and more into mainstream Georgia politics. The trifecta of anti-intellectualism, know-nothingism and religion is endemic in the South. It can't be uprooted no matter how many Northerners move here.

So I left my family and a few friends (most of my friends have left Atlanta as well) for Brooklyn because I can't live in a state where so much backwardness is accepted as normal.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:07 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,660,843 times
Quote:

"No body knows the trouble I have seeeeeen"

You know, I'm sort of glad we're politically divided on city-data. This forum gives a real perspective on Georgia. It's really some innovative doodoo you can't find in a book or classroom.

I'm going to try to be more moderate than opinionated, even though I feel my opinion is right.

Can someone who is against the creation of new city school systems please just explain their reasoning why? I really just want to know. As far as I am concerned, the more better school districts we have in GA, the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta