Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:08 PM

924 posts, read 1,455,748 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't limit yourself renting to a single family home. I can understand wanting to avoid an apartment but I would check out some townhouses as well. They can be quite nice and large and may even have a small yard but even if not many have common areas with pools and green areas. Check craigslist as well, there could be a good number of rentals posted there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 09:22 AM

60 posts, read 106,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
I wouldn't limit yourself renting to a single family home. I can understand wanting to avoid an apartment but I would check out some townhouses as well. They can be quite nice and large and may even have a small yard but even if not many have common areas with pools and green areas. Check craigslist as well, there could be a good number of rentals posted there.
yeah that is a good idea craglist.. I will check it. Here townhomes are not really good so I have a negative opinion about it, but maybe over there it can be an option actually..

Old 03-04-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaC. View Post
Hello bananapie,

I grew up in Roswell and have lived in Alpharetta and Cumming. Roswell, Alpharetta, Cumming, Johns Creek, Suwanee and Milton are all great places to live while raising young children. In general, the schools in North Fulton and South Forsyth are very good. Some of the highest test scores in Georgia are from the high schools in North Fulton and South Forsyth. There is lots of shopping and parks in those cities. In those cities, you won't be far from grocery stores, department stores, and the North Point Mall in Alpharetta. There is tons of shopping close to the residential areas. The single family homes range in price from high $100's or low $200's to well over $500's to a million. Like I said, I have lived in those areas for over 30 years and I love it here.

If you have any specific questions, ask away. I would be happy to answer.
As a matter of fact, we are so excited to move Atlanta.Yesterday we told all of our friends here.of course sadness was all over but we are still happy The thing is I am gonna be out of the USA for couple of months ,when I came back I will go directly to Atlanta.So my husband is gonna rent it around august 1st.Looking homes for online is good but not the best idea since they can be not so good in person.I am gonna come to Atlanta and check them by myself ,however the thing is There are not so many available homes in that humongous area.Maybe the internet sites I am looking is not listed all the homes.Yeah we have lots of things going on moving and having vacation is not such a good idea,but before the job offer we got our tickets which are nonrefundable tickets and cost almost 6000 dollars for overseas which is crazy I know. too much info again

Thanks very much

Old 03-04-2013, 10:05 AM

some of you guys asked me which part i am from Turkey .I lived all my life Istanbul till coming here.. and I wanted to attach some of pics so you can see how it is look like.It is a place that has everything actually all the things brands restaurants from USA and Europe.Architecture is unbelievable in some parts.Has tons of shopping centers, luxury living, hot night life for singles, cuisine is so good , weather is nice,a really cosmopolitan city , metro-sexual life styles,open minded people for every kinds of beliefs,lots of European living in Istanbul actually. Once it had been a capital of Rome Empire...So there are lots of churches, synagogal ...The city is expanding in an incredible rate so lots of traffic of course like New York ..But it is an expensive city to live .inflation is so high and you have to make a really good money,for that reason some people prefers to go other countries to live ..
Attached Thumbnails
Relocating june 2013-haber-yenikoyde-satilik-daire-ve-kira   Relocating june 2013-11235687.jpg   Relocating june 2013-images-4-.jpg   Relocating june 2013-image020.jpg  

Old 03-04-2013, 10:16 AM

others.. ( I just wanna say that it is a more of a European city rather than it is a middle east city which is geographically impossible.)
Attached Thumbnails
Relocating june 2013-images-3-.jpg   Relocating june 2013-fea_ists_shopfest_05.jpg   Relocating june 2013-ismailfidan_istanbul2.jpg   Relocating june 2013-istanbul100.jpg   Relocating june 2013-istanbul_-_yenik-y.jpg  

Relocating june 2013-optimum_istanbul_avm1b.jpg   Relocating june 2013-r_u150mbped1nqr3yp8l3t.jpg   Relocating june 2013-362260-5.jpg   Relocating june 2013-ba-dat-caddesi-stanbul-bagdatcaddesi.jpg   Relocating june 2013-tarabya.jpg  

Relocating june 2013-images-5-.jpg   Relocating june 2013-images-7-.jpg   Relocating june 2013-2592012istanbuldulichtinmoi_1.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta