Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,701 times

Advertisements

First of all, let me warmly welcome you to this area! If you want to experience true brother and sisterhood, let me invite you to the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Cumming. There you will find people who truly believe (John 13:35) "By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”
We know that God made out of one man every nation of men, (Acts 17:26) and we are all equal in His eyes.
You will also find a Bible education program second to none in the world. John 17:3 tells us: "This means everlasting life, their taking in KNOWLEDGE of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."

You can also find out where to go to get your hair cut and styled by talking to our brothers and sisters at the Kingdom Hall on Sunday, at 9:30am, 12:30pm, or 3:30pm.

Hope to meet you there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 6,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
Can you point out a place in this country where blacks and whites worship together? Other than maybe New York and San Francisco, where is this mythical, wonderfully diverse place where all races and ethnicities interact in harmony? Segregation isn't just in the south, and in fact, metro Atlanta is one of the least segregated areas I have ever seen, Forsyth county being the exception as it has only recently become more diverse. My diverse neighborhood would not even exist in most places up north, including Cleveland, Detroit, and other northern cities.
Guess I should consider myself lucky then. I live in the south - Huntsville, AL to be exact and it is NOT segregated here at all. My daughter who is biracial goes to a school that consists of 53% black children and 47% white. I attend a church that consists of predominantly black people, but I am not the only white person in there - there are a few others. I am in an interracial relationship and have never encountered any prejudism whatsoever.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 6,688 times
Default African American Beauty Supply Stores?

I'm not really expecting to find a beauty supply store in Cumming, Ga, but am trying to find one as close as possible because I will not be driving to Atlanta any time soon LOL.

I have biracial children and currently buy their hair care products from a Korean store down my street (I'm currently in Alabama). I also put weave in my hair and will just die without it LOL.

Please tell me there is something not too far away from Cumming.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:36 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Though you may find a church in Cumming with one or two Black faces, that's about all you should expect. Sadly, this is the South and people (have made the conscious decision to still) worship separately.

You might get lucky and find a men's barber shop in nearby Alpharetta, but don't count on finding one in Cumming. For ladies, well ... you might be able to find someone who can trim the ends, but for styling? Again, chances are slim to none.

I'm sure you'll find many nice folks up that way; it's becoming more the relocation spot for transplants. But for some of the everyday cultural needs, you'll probably have to drive a ways.

Every state in America worship separately in America

Old 05-16-2010, 12:06 AM

156 posts, read 433,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfran4 View Post
We moved here from LA nine years ago we are a black family. I do not know if you have done in research on Fosyth county we live in Woodstock. We are moving to San Franciscon in a few months.

If you do not have children problems are minimal. Racism is present in North Georgia, less inside the perimeter.

Trendsetters in Canton Georgia is great. Ask for Stacie she is an excellent stylist.

There is plenty of racism inside the Perimeter, it's just black on white.

Forsyth used to be racist against non-whites, but it really isn't any more. It's still dominated by whites, but Indians and Asians are moving in rapidly to take advantage of the good schools. They are helping to improve the school scores further, which will further attract those from cultures that value education.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:34 AM

13 posts, read 33,331 times
Why can't you travel outside of cumming for a stylist? I would travel anywhere to go to a good stylist if I can afford it. The best stylist I have ever had is a lady named Sparkle in Atlanta. Check out her website for pics, pricing, and info. I can tell you that those pics are very real and she is very good! www.salon422.com I hope to see her sometime in June!

I am curious to know why people have to go to a church filled with only people of their own race. I don't know why this is such a huge issue...I personally like to see all types of different races at church, because we are all worshipping the same higher power.....

Old 10-18-2010, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 6,148 times
Dont even try it. Stay in your own neck of the woods. Backs are not welcome here.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:59 PM

2 posts, read 6,148 times
We tried to open up to blacks. They brought murder and crime. They have not brought anything good to Forsyth County. Just saying what everybody knows.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multra64 View Post
We tried to open up to blacks. They brought murder and crime. They have not brought anything good to Forsyth County. Just saying what everybody knows.
Are you aware that you are replying to a post that is three years old? If they planned on moving to Forsyth I am sure they are here by now. Now just to add to what you are saying, be prepared to be blasted into next week for your reply. There are some militant pro-diversity types on here so be prepared.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:53 AM

826 posts, read 3,120,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Are you aware that you are replying to a post that is three years old? If they planned on moving to Forsyth I am sure they are here by now. Now just to add to what you are saying, be prepared to be blasted into next week for your reply. There are some militant pro-diversity types on here so be prepared.
(1) It's obvious this person is a troll
(2) Do you see anything wrong with the statement "We tried to open up to blacks. They brought murder and crime." From the tone of your "warning" it appears you are more concerned with the pro-diversity type them you are this statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta