Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:04 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrob View Post
Obviously not based on much. Don't believe everything you hear.
I saw New Jersey once when I was five or six. We went swimming at a beach,
but that's all I remember. Oh, and it had a fence. Do you know the place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 AM

642 posts, read 2,219,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
I saw New Jersey once when I was five or six. We went swimming at a beach,
but that's all I remember. Oh, and it had a fence. Do you know the place?
Born and raised and lived there all my life until March, so yeah I know it a little.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:40 PM

67 posts, read 302,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthmeetsSouth View Post
Let's say you can get the same house for the same price in NY, NJ, Cal, Minn, or whereever you came from. Would you be here or there?

I, for one, would be in Westchester in NY.
I would be back 'home' in Bloomington, MN. I like Atlanta alright, but there is something about where you grew up that is just more comfortable, for me at least. True there is wayyyy too much snow but I actually miss it. There is something totally unnatural about it being 70 degrees in October! lol

Old 10-30-2007, 01:41 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamato3BB's View Post
I would be back 'home' in Bloomington, MN. I like Atlanta alright, but there is something about where you grew up that is just more comfortable, for me at least. True there is wayyyy too much snow but I actually miss it. There is something totally unnatural about it being 70 degrees in October! lol
Scrape your freezer and be happy

Old 10-30-2007, 03:40 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamato3BB's View Post
Yeah! Kinda like walking around town in shorts and flip flops in January.
Yes, I think it is warm enough here for shorts and flip flops in January.

Regards,

Polar E. Bear

Old 10-30-2007, 04:38 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Yeah! Kinda like walking around town in shorts and flip flops in January.
Yes, I think it is warm enough here for shorts and flip flops in January.
No question. I wear shorts and a tee shirt all year round down here, much to the amusement of our neighbors, though I will admit that my toes get chilly in the winter (I don't wear flipflops at all).

Old 10-30-2007, 06:55 PM

75 posts, read 233,749 times
We would move back to New Hampshire in a heartbeat all else equal. I would take a 30% cut in pay to do it too.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,809,148 times
Default landlord/tenant

Quote:
As a landlord in NY you might as well adopt your deadbeat tenant because all of the laws protect them, not you. As a landlord down here, if someone doesn't pay its relatively easy to get rid of them.
I've done evictions in NY and NJ. You're right about NY. In NJ, it's the total opposite. You can get a tenant owing only a month's rent if you time it right.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:11 PM

563 posts, read 2,773,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthmeetsSouth View Post
I have read ( and made) many comments on this forum regarding people's reasons for coming to and staying in Atlanta. Some enjoy it here, and some feel they could buy a better lifestyle here.
If the price of a house was the same here as where you moved from, would you have moved here in the first place? and, would you still be here?
For instance, you can buy a nice 4 BR house in Cobb county for under $300,000. Let's say you can get the same house for the same price in NY, NJ, Cal, Minn, or whereever you came from. Would you be here or there?

I, for one, would be in Westchester in NY.
No.

I refuse to raise a child in South Florida.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:29 AM

201 posts, read 1,012,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
I came here due to transfer, but if all things were equal and our NE office opened back up, I would be in S.Jersey.
Me too! I do Miss NJ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta