U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 05:51 AM

4 posts, read 4,830 times

Advertisements

I have a query , planning to move this year to GA from NY.My daughter is in 5th grade now due to the the cut off in NY she is in 5th grade and will commence her School year 2017 - 2018 to Middle School,So she might be the youngest in middle school as the cut off in GA is September 1st.She is Above Average student .

What would be the best option she going to Middle School or we should enroll back in 5th grade.

Looking for answer.I don't want her to feel left behind by enrolling her in 5th grade back but at the same time don't want her to feel out of place from the group in Middle School because of her age.She is November born.
Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 02:05 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,639,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2V2family View Post
I have a query , planning to move this year to GA from NY.My daughter is in 5th grade now due to the the cut off in NY she is in 5th grade and will commence her School year 2017 - 2018 to Middle School,So she might be the youngest in middle school as the cut off in GA is September 1st.She is Above Average student .

What would be the best option she going to Middle School or we should enroll back in 5th grade.

Looking for answer.I don't want her to feel left behind by enrolling her in 5th grade back but at the same time don't want her to feel out of place from the group in Middle School because of her age.She is November born.
Thank you!!
If she is an above average student in NY, I probably wouldn't hold her back, and I am pretty sure the default course for Georgia would be to send her on to 6th. Even if you hold her back, there is no guarantee that she will be happier, so I would put her where she best fits academically. I would just concentrate on finding a home zoned for the best schools, and hope the social stuff will work itself out. (With that said--do you know which school zones you may be looking at? Some are considered OK only if you are in the gifted program--if you could hold her back--you could try to get her in the gifted program, and that would follow her all the way from middle school to high school.). Also, although it says to post on this thread for school stuff--you will probably get more responses by starting your own thread in the Atlanta forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or