Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:44 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,783,663 times

Advertisements

Wow, all this hate on the kid!

The only person that did anything obviously illegal was the principal, and her actions were much stupider than the kid's actions. She tried to abuse her power by getting one of her students arrested for embarrassing her! Really, she embarrassed herself, and then she lashed out at the kid for making it worse, which of course made it even worse.

But somehow the kid is the stupid one? The one who has no respect for the law? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
Maybe not worth an arrest but potentially defamatory and in 17 states that is considered a criminal act.
Quote:

If this genius flunks out and can't graduate b/c he can't study at home, he deserves it. People do stupid crap in school but broadly proclaiming false information has implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
I can agree that attempting to arrest him was extreme. However, did this young man really believe that nothing was going to happen to him after posting the mugshot? We've all been teenagers, but it seems like this generation definitely does not think before acting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
This generation seems to believe they are above the law, and have no respect for authority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
And you have the parents to blame for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 01:38 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,403,233 times
So wait, people are questioning the kids upbringing because he posted a pic that was public anyway? Principal was obviously just salty that it wasn't able to be swept under the rug. Yet I notice no one is questioning the principal's ethics for even being in that situation.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:21 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
Wow, all this hate on the kid!

The only person that did anything obviously illegal was the principal, and her actions were much stupider than the kid's actions. She tried to abuse her power by getting one of her students arrested for embarrassing her! Really, she embarrassed herself, and then she lashed out at the kid for making it worse, which of course made it even worse.

But somehow the kid is the stupid one? The one who has no respect for the law? Really?

This.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:50 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Default What Crime(s) Did The Principal Commit And Remember A Person Is Innocent Until Proven Guilty

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
So wait, people are questioning the kids upbringing because he posted a pic that was public anyway? Principal was obviously just salty that it wasn't able to be swept under the rug. Yet I notice no one is questioning the principal's ethics for even being in that situation.
What Crime(s) Did The Principal Commit And Remember A Person Is Innocent Until Proven Guilty , Not
When They Are " Arrested " Has That Though Ever Crossed Your Mind (?)

Let's see what illegal activities was she involved in a traffic ticket or spitting on the sidewalk (?)

Old 05-14-2013, 07:02 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
This generation seems to believe they are above the law, and have no respect for authority.
Well, when so-called "authority" is mostly corrupt, thieving, lying, cheating hypocrites (see: politicians, cops, teachers, school administrators, many parents, etc.) it's hard not to blame kids for rebelling.

Did you see that amazing video of that kid calling out his lazy teacher in front of the class? THAT is the wake-up call the youth of this country needs.

I'm 33, and I WISH we had the technology when I was younger that we have now to expose the hypocritical authoritarians in our midst.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:53 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,348,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
The public shaming the principal got isn't the issue. Her speeding charge/fines/public mugshot are plenty to cover her crime. Those mugshot websites propagate your image for years/decades unless you pay the extortionist sites to take it down. Sure there are plenty of people who pop up regularly in mugshots who deservedly remain the dredges of society but she's not exactly a secret child molester living in secret.

The fact is the student posted the photo and included false information (claiming it was for DUI) for the means of insulting/defaming the principal. There wasn't some secret hypocrisy here that the student uncovered that could change the school for the better. He was being mean spirited and defamatory b/c he wanted to ridicule an administrator. Obviously arrest isn't a realistic response but a suspension is perfectly reasonable. School is not a democracy and he isn't exercising free speech in this case.

A suspension is a pretty minor thing (probably should have taken it and moved on w/ life)...not exactly as big as making the news for being a #*$&*#% to an administrator and having it plastered all over the news in perpetuity and being searchable for all future potential employers. Personally, I'd never hire either of them for anything but as a kid he's not exactly off to a good start.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:54 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,783,663 times
I think the article stated that someone asked him on-line "what did she do?", and he responded a "DUI, I think." I take that as a conversation, sort of like what we are doing here, he makes a guess, but he pretty much states that he does not know for sure what the mug shot was for. It may stink that the county forced her to get a mugshot posted online for failing to show up in court for a speeding ticket, but that really is not the kid's fault. If the "facts" stated in the article is correct, she is taking out her misfortune on him, and that is her fault. The 'trying to get him arrested' part is what I find disturbing, if that part is not true (and it may not be), then I do not think that the 2 day suspension thing is that big of a deal. He may have been being disruptive enough to warrant a suspension.

Quote:
The public shaming the principal got isn't the issue. Her speeding charge/fines/public mugshot are plenty to cover her crime. Those mugshot websites propagate your image for years/decades unless you pay the extortionist sites to take it down. Sure there are plenty of people who pop up regularly in mugshots who deservedly remain the dredges of society but she's not exactly a secret child molester living in secret.

The fact is the student posted the photo and included false information (claiming it was for DUI) for the means of insulting/defaming the principal. There wasn't some secret hypocrisy here that the student uncovered that could change the school for the better. He was being mean spirited and defamatory b/c he wanted to ridicule an administrator. Obviously arrest isn't a realistic response but a suspension is perfectly reasonable. School is not a democracy and he isn't exercising free speech in this case.

A suspension is a pretty minor thing (probably should have taken it and moved on w/ life)...not exactly as big as making the news for being a #*$&*#% to an administrator and having it plastered all over the news in perpetuity and being searchable for all future potential employers. Personally, I'd never hire either of them for anything but as a kid he's not exactly off to a good start.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:30 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,961,918 times
To be clear, when I said "And you have the parents to blame for that." I was referring to the people talking down about 'this generation.' I'm not getting on to this kid, just tired of people blaming kids for the way the are when it's mainly the parents' fault.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:13 PM

847 posts, read 1,457,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
To be clear, when I said "And you have the parents to blame for that." I was referring to the people talking down about 'this generation.' I'm not getting on to this kid, just tired of people blaming kids for the way the are when it's mainly the parents' fault.
I understood you on that. Aside from the fact that we didn't have the same techonology, one of the reasons why stuff like this didn't happen back in the day was because our parents taught us the possible consequences of our actions. With this newer techonology, the conversation should get even deeper since there are more ways to stack evidence against a person.

Back in the day, if you got into a fight it was usually only witnessed by whoever was there at the time. Nowadays, kids can get in a fight and have it go viral in a matter of minutes. Those same videos often get the students into more trouble than hearsay or word of mouth would have if a teacher or administrator didn't witness the incident. Likewise, the same technology that the young man in the article used to put the principal on blast came back to bite him in the end.

I still feel that the principal had her own level of wrongdoing in this, but the kid is not in the clear here at all.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:44 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,403,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
What Crime(s) Did The Principal Commit And Remember A Person Is Innocent Until Proven Guilty , Not
When They Are " Arrested " Has That Though Ever Crossed Your Mind (?)

Let's see what illegal activities was she involved in a traffic ticket or spitting on the sidewalk (?)
Her first course of action was to try to get the kid arrested...and when the police refused she had him suspended. She THEN had her profile removed from the clayton county schools site. With people like this running schools down there in Clay Co no wonder they're in the shape they're in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: