Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 11:23 AM

567 posts, read 889,460 times

Advertisements

When I saw this.. I honestly thought Tesla was a woman opening up a service center in Atl haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 11:35 AM

69 posts, read 184,491 times
The service center and showroom are in the same business park just a small ways from each other. Looks like your typical office park and the showroom is not fancy by any measure. They have a couple of cars - the Model S and their roadster inside a large white-walled room. It's still an online buying process (they have a Mac where you can go "build" your car - same as you could do from your own home) but there are none of the typical dealership accoutrements - no financing department, no managers and definitely no negotiation.

As stated earlier, they are allowing for test drives by appointment only. We were there on a weekend and they were very busy. The salesperson did not mention a move to another location and, as it's still by-appointment only, location is probably not a priority for them right now. Anyone interested in the car is just glad that there's one to drive in the metro area. Location should logically change once they're ready to go mainstream and take walk-ins.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:49 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,830,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mom2Boys View Post
The service center and showroom are in the same business park just a small ways from each other. Looks like your typical office park and the showroom is not fancy by any measure. They have a couple of cars - the Model S and their roadster inside a large white-walled room. It's still an online buying process (they have a Mac where you can go "build" your car - same as you could do from your own home) but there are none of the typical dealership accoutrements - no financing department, no managers and definitely no negotiation.

As stated earlier, they are allowing for test drives by appointment only. We were there on a weekend and they were very busy. The salesperson did not mention a move to another location and, as it's still by-appointment only, location is probably not a priority for them right now. Anyone interested in the car is just glad that there's one to drive in the metro area. Location should logically change once they're ready to go mainstream and take walk-ins.
Yeah, Ferrari of Atlanta used to be in Tucker next door to an old gravel plant. Not exactly "upscale".

Old 01-16-2014, 11:54 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,872,781 times
Nice. I know Tesla does some showrooms inside of malls. Lenox or Phipps Plaza would be perfect to attract walk-by customers IMO.

Also, the First Telsa Supercharger just opened near the intersection of I-95 and I-16 in Savannah: Savannah Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Old 01-16-2014, 02:07 PM

924 posts, read 1,455,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Nice. I know Tesla does some showrooms inside of malls. Lenox or Phipps Plaza would be perfect to attract walk-by customers IMO.

Also, the First Telsa Supercharger just opened near the intersection of I-95 and I-16 in Savannah: Savannah Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Glad they have one in the state but it is just usable if you get the one with the bigger battery pack most likely. The smaller battery pack has a range of up to 244 miles and from downtown to the supercharger location is 246 miles...

Old 01-16-2014, 03:37 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,872,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
Glad they have one in the state but it is just usable if you get the one with the bigger battery pack most likely. The smaller battery pack has a range of up to 244 miles and from downtown to the supercharger location is 246 miles...
See the map here: Supercharger | Tesla Motors

They plan to install 4 more in the state this year alone. Macon, Augusta, I-85 North. And by next year you should be able to drive about any direction on a highway from Atlanta and go drive cross country with places to charge.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:46 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince217 View Post
i have seen Tesla cars on the road here very frequently, so i guess it made sense for them.
Yes I recently notice 2 of those cars in our parking garage here at the office. One of my co workers thought it was a Maserati, I told her no it was something else but I didnt know what the "T" in the front meant. Now I see it the electric cars everyone was talking about back in 09. Cool

Old 01-16-2014, 03:53 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
If you ever get a chance to drive one of them - DO! I drove a friend's in Florida last month. 0 - 60 hasn't ever been so fast! And, to think that it's electric. Very very cool.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:57 PM

69 posts, read 184,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Actually, the salesperson may have said something about Lenox. You may very well be right about that!

Old 01-16-2014, 03:58 PM

294 posts, read 451,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mom2Boys View Post

Did you read the article on ABC today that I posted? Seems like they are ready to take walkins in a more organized bolder location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta