Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:53 AM

171 posts, read 663,774 times

Advertisements

No culture is ignorant or better than another! Atlantagreg your tone was alittle off key with your opening sentence. We still love ya! Just ask and somebody will explain if you don't understand culture or differences in hair technique. I, myself, have never heard of Dominican hair stylist before 'cause I've been use to going to black owned hair salons. But now I know and will look into going to one to help with growing my hair back to shoulder length.

To the OP there are similar threads on CD that give locations or areas of Dominician hair salons. You can PM (private message) some of the individuals if they are accepting PM's from members. I'm pretty sure they will be more than willing and helpful to give you the addresses of the salons they frequent owned by Dominician owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 09:57 PM

14 posts, read 77,557 times
Tania,
I had a hard time looking for a dominican salon myself...being from NY I religiously got my $15 dubbie...but hopefully this will help you RoundBrushHair! Dominican Salon Locator just enter the zipcode or city/state and youll get a list of salons and reviews.....good luck!!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:21 PM

11 posts, read 67,288 times
There are several dominican salons in gwinnett. I know there are at least 2 or 3 on buford that I know of. The major ones are in norcross near jimmy carter, Lillys, Sulas, and Normas. They are opening a alot of dom. salons opening so just be on the look out. HTH

Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 PM

16 posts, read 67,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataya1280 View Post
Tania,
I had a hard time looking for a dominican salon myself...being from NY I religiously got my $15 dubbie...but hopefully this will help you RoundBrushHair! Dominican Salon Locator just enter the zipcode or city/state and youll get a list of salons and reviews.....good luck!!
I'm glad I saw this because being from NY myself I wondering if they had dominican salons here. In NY wash and sets with the dubbie for $12 on a special lol you can't beat that. I know it's not that cheap here. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:19 AM

5 posts, read 21,326 times
I like most people in this thread am from NY, I am accustomed to get a $15 wash and set weekly from a dominican salon. I recently moved to henry county and in desperate need of a salon. So far I have found plenty of salons on jimmy carter. Lilys, Merengue and Gladyis are all good, expensive compared to ny but will do. The problem is it is about 40 minutes from mcdonough, I cant see traveling that far everyweek then have to pay twice what I used to.

Does someone have a name for the stockbridge dominican salon, every week I drive around in search for a salon. Please help!!!! If I dont find one, I am going to take my garlic conditioner, my leave in, and pins head to the nearest walmart salon and pray

FYI, my friend has a dominican salon in Warner Robbins,
Selena's Salon 646 234-0628

Old 10-09-2008, 10:58 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiaj View Post
I like most people in this thread am from NY, I am accustomed to get a $15 wash and set weekly from a dominican salon. I recently moved to henry county and in desperate need of a salon. So far I have found plenty of salons on jimmy carter. Lilys, Merengue and Gladyis are all good, expensive compared to ny but will do. The problem is it is about 40 minutes from mcdonough, I cant see traveling that far everyweek then have to pay twice what I used to.

Does someone have a name for the stockbridge dominican salon, every week I drive around in search for a salon. Please help!!!! If I dont find one, I am going to take my garlic conditioner, my leave in, and pins head to the nearest walmart salon and pray

FYI, my friend has a dominican salon in Warner Robbins,
Selena's Salon 646 234-0628
Click on the link in the thread above^^^^^^ yours......nataya1280 gave advice on this

Old 11-13-2008, 08:24 AM

26 posts, read 164,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess View Post
There is a Domincan Salon on Hwy 42 in Stockbridge somewhere between Quick Trip & Church's chicken...there is also another on 19/41 near 138. I don't know the exact address but I can find out.

Thank you so much - we finally moved to Locust Grove and live close to Stockbridge - yes, if you could give me more into on the Stockbridge salon would be greatly appreciated. Any info that you could give, this way I can get directions. Thank you

Old 11-13-2008, 10:17 AM

341 posts, read 1,337,577 times
What is the deal with a Dominican Hair Stylist??? My ex-girl friend was adamant about driving 25 minutes to Norcross every other Saturday to get her hair done at some Dominican Hair Salon. And recently I overheard these ladies in my office saying that they won’t let anyone but a Dominican touch their hair, first I didn’t know that Atlanta had Dominicans like that and second are Dominicans just adept at doing hair??? Someone please advise.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:35 PM
YBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
What is the deal with a Dominican Hair Stylist??? My ex-girl friend was adamant about driving 25 minutes to Norcross every other Saturday to get her hair done at some Dominican Hair Salon. And recently I overheard these ladies in my office saying that they won’t let anyone but a Dominican touch their hair, first I didn’t know that Atlanta had Dominicans like that and second are Dominicans just adept at doing hair??? Someone please advise.
Dominicans are known for conditioning and growing your..keeping it healthy..also they do they best blow outs and your hair stays straighter longer..for me I will only go to Dominicans b/c since I started going to them in 2005 my hair has grown so much....I guess youd have to go to a Dominican salon to understand

RoundBrushHair! Dominican Salon Locator

Old 11-13-2008, 09:36 PM
YBF

I forgot to mention they do a better job for less $$$$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta