U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-03-2013, 08:28 PM

8,242 posts, read 6,447,977 times

Advertisements

Good story in today's Fayette Citizen updating the Pinewood Atlanta Studios project, with lots of photos of what the entire project could look like when complete. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

‘Game-changer’: Pinewood Studios plans live-work, educational campuses in F’ville | The Citizen
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 03:12 PM

8,695 posts, read 12,140,685 times
Totally Awesome-to-the-Max!

Old 07-04-2013, 03:27 PM

569 posts, read 1,134,290 times
Thanks for posting this Newsboy .

Old 07-04-2013, 04:04 PM

1,039 posts, read 816,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Good story in today's Fayette Citizen updating the Pinewood Atlanta Studios project, with lots of photos of what the entire project could look like when complete. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

‘Game-changer’: Pinewood Studios plans live-work, educational campuses in F’ville | The Citizen
Your link doesn't work. Correct link HERE.

This is awesome. Can't wait to see how it develops.

Apparently, the commenters on the article don't feel the same way.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Your link doesn't work. Correct link HERE.

This is awesome. Can't wait to see how it develops.

Apparently, the commenters on the article don't feel the same way.
Thanks for fixing the link. It worked when I originally posted it, but links change.

As for the negative comments to the article, these are the same half-dozen or so anti-growth NIMBYs and tea party conspiracy theorists who've opposed any attempts at progress in Fayette County for years. They do not represent the majority. Most people in Fayette County are excited about this project and see it for all the positives that it can bring.

The local people behind this BUILT Peachtree City, and the funding is coming from the Truett Cathy (CFA) family. It's absolutely ludicrous to think that they've somehow "sold the county out."

The land where the studios are going is PRIME REAL ESTATE -- halfway between Peachtree City and Fayetteville, 20 minutes to the airport and worth a fortune. It was on the market for 10 years, with everything from high-density retirement homes (Del Webb Sun City) to a golf course country club proposed yet always shot down by the county as "unacceptable zoning." Something was going to go there eventually, and this is simply brilliant. The naysayers wouldn't be happy with anything -- they preferred it remain cow pastures forever. But no farmer on earth can afford to raise cows on land worth $40 million!

Old 07-05-2013, 12:03 AM

4,337 posts, read 3,832,479 times
If the funding is coming from Truett Cathy, does that mean no filming on Sundays?

Old 07-05-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
If the funding is coming from Truett Cathy, does that mean no filming on Sundays?
It's a legitimate question, but Dan Cathy has already stated ON THE RECORD that they are simply INVESTORS and will have no creative control or say-so whatsoever in what kinds of films and TV shows are produced there.

Interesting aside: Of the two CFAs in Fayetteville, I noticed one was open today while the other was closed for the holiday. I thought it odd, but then CFA does give their franchisees a lot of local control (after the no Sundays thing).

Old 07-05-2013, 10:16 AM

3,321 posts, read 3,052,691 times
Quote:
It's a legitimate question, but Dan Cathy has already stated ON THE RECORD that they are simply INVESTORS and will have no creative control or say-so whatsoever in what kinds of films and TV shows are produced there.
Ha, I'm sure he's right, but at the same time, but he'll probably reserve the right to reject the rare gay individual who might work in film from working there....

Old 07-05-2013, 02:12 PM

2,493 posts, read 1,278,922 times
Just got done reading the article. Very exciting, but still really want there to be a SCAD campus in FayCo. The build out looks huge!

I really don't understand the NIMBY folks that are making the comments on that page. I don't want any more apartments, I get that. But this is an incredible opportunity, one of which the citizens will actually benefit greatly from. Who are these people and why do they not want anything to happen in Fayette?!?! The general trend of the county before this was downward - lower home values, higher negative perception, increased crime, etc. This is going to come along and certainly reverse that direction.

With that said, I really do hope that they stick to the County land use plan. It has definitely made it the great county that it is. Annex this project in, along with some additional office and industrial space, but don't change the look of the county for it. I hope to God they don't let them develop any more neighborhoods. We have plenty that are not built out.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:09 PM

8,695 posts, read 12,140,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Just got done reading the article. Very exciting, but still really want there to be a SCAD campus in FayCo. The build out looks huge!

I really don't understand the NIMBY folks that are making the comments on that page. I don't want any more apartments, I get that. But this is an incredible opportunity, one of which the citizens will actually benefit greatly from. Who are these people and why do they not want anything to happen in Fayette?!?! The general trend of the county before this was downward - lower home values, higher negative perception, increased crime, etc. This is going to come along and certainly reverse that direction.

With that said, I really do hope that they stick to the County land use plan. It has definitely made it the great county that it is. Annex this project in, along with some additional office and industrial space, but don't change the look of the county for it. I hope to God they don't let them develop any more neighborhoods. We have plenty that are not built out.

Perfect post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta