U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:38 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,127,539 times

Advertisements

How is the dating scene for men in Metro Atlanta as far as women who are wife material? Not talking about one night stands/etc. I'm talking about women to bring home to your mom.

This question is for men. Do you run into many golddiggers, women who bring nothing to the table or do you meet great, pure, good attitude women constantly who are like the angel in the sky?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 10:42 AM

1,856 posts, read 2,994,561 times
like finding a needle in a haystack

Old 07-25-2013, 11:38 AM

423 posts, read 606,317 times
A lot of women here have baggage or odd emotional issues but there someone for everyone.

Then there are those that require you have a six figure$$+ job and a BMW as well as 6 get tall and muscular.

Last edited by Freeminds; 07-25-2013 at 11:51 AM..

Old 07-25-2013, 12:02 PM

10,004 posts, read 9,281,815 times
I have met countless women in Atlanta that are attractive, secure and not gold diggers. Just down to earth folks. I don't know where the folks making negative comments are looking to meet women...

Old 07-25-2013, 12:55 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,131,029 times
I don't think it is as easy to generalize about marriage minded women as it is to generalize about women in the singles scene.

That being said, I have no idea how to answer your question. Before I met my current gf, I had fairly bad luck trying to start relationships with women who seemed (as far I could tell) like potential long-term relationship material.

Part of the problem was probably age... a pretty young 20-something female has a lot of options when it comes to dating, so it is easy to fall by the wayside as a male if you aren't really making a concerted effort to sell yourself (i believe they call it 'game'). I was never into playing games.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. My biggest piece of advice would be to spend as much time in areas filled with young singles as possible (midtown, va highland, etc). There are many single women literally running all over the place during the afternoons and evenings (joggers).

Old 07-25-2013, 02:20 PM

104 posts, read 112,933 times
I can't say what it is like for men specifically but the Atlanta singles scene does suffer from a "kid in a candy store" effect. There are so many single people here that often people have a hard time settling down into a relationship because there are so many other choices out there. That doesn't mean it's hopeless. With so many single people, there is pretty much someone appropriate for everyone. The size of the crowd makes it harder to find them and you'll have to accept that most are going to settle down older than in other areas because they need to see for themselves what all is out there. The good thing is that after picking up enough scars from the dating scene, when the two of you do settle down there won't be as much of a chance of one person straying due to curiosity. They already know what else is out there.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:36 PM

5,253 posts, read 4,004,392 times
If you're stuck in the suburbs, it's terrible. The only good places left are in Atlanta, and you're stuck driving, and most people just don't want to get stuck in Atlanta's traffic mess, or be stuck driving their car so long just to get to where the activities are.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
If you're stuck in the suburbs, it's terrible. The only good places left are in Atlanta, and you're stuck driving, and most people just don't want to get stuck in Atlanta's traffic mess, or be stuck driving their car so long just to get to where the activities are.
Why is it terrible in the suburbs? There are just as many opportunities to meet folks in the burbs as there in the city. Now, if you like meeting folks in bars or clubs, perhaps you have a point. But for folks who don't give a whit about that or really don't care for that scene, the burbs are just as good. Join an ALTA team, visit a park, go to church, have friends introduce you, etc.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:43 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,896,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Why is it terrible in the suburbs? There are just as many opportunities to meet folks in the burbs as there in the city. Now, if you like meeting folks in bars or clubs, perhaps you have a point. But for folks who don't give a whit about that or really don't care for that scene, the burbs are just as good. Join an ALTA team, visit a park, go to church, have friends introduce you, etc.
Potentially you could throw a lot of those out the window. I wouldn't always suggest meeting people through church is the best way, and a lot of people may not even attend church, at least not the same ones or regularly. Then you cancel out a lot of group functions if they don't have kids, and the whole getting friends to introduce you...yeah, good luck with that LMAO.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Potentially you could throw a lot of those out the window. I wouldn't always suggest meeting people through church is the best way, and a lot of people may not even attend church, at least not the same ones or regularly. Then you cancel out a lot of group functions if they don't have kids, and the whole getting friends to introduce you...yeah, good luck with that LMAO.
Worked for me and countless others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta