U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 10:11 PM

9,086 posts, read 13,242,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
You're still my brotha!
Aim so low?You miss my whole point.
Question:Have you never seen any othose people on those shows in real life.I mean those TYPES of people?I have.They do exist.Not showing that on T.V. does not mean there are still not people like that out there.

Im not trying to convince anyone about anything that should be obvious to people who have the ability to think for themselves.
About your analogy:I hate chitterlings but if I did I would eat them because I know in moderation its fine to eat.I know they are not good for you but that's my point:An Adult can determine for themselves what they do is right for them.
Again not trying to sugar-coat anything.
You cant stop people from making fools of themselves no matter what color they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 12:23 AM

918 posts, read 1,033,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
How so?Do you love your home?Does your place of residence make you happy when you come home?Mine does.I have it design just how I like it.Why can't you have that love for your city the sam way?Its more unnatural to NOT be proud of your city.
You make choices to improve your house. Your impact is minimal to the city as well as your sports team.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:24 AM

918 posts, read 1,033,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeminds View Post
Don't feed trolls.

That poster doesn't even live here and they felt the need to make that comment.
Ummm.. I like the alias "freemind" LOL

Old 08-07-2013, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
You make choices to improve your house. Your impact is minimal to the city as well as your sports team.
Umm...whatever you say.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:45 AM

1,647 posts, read 1,731,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
You got that backwards. YOUR impact to the city is minimal. You can't speak for the rest of us.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:48 AM

What am I thinking? I forget the whole "do not feed" thing.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:18 AM

9,999 posts, read 9,268,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawBoi View Post
Nah. Georgia is beyond the Deliverance stereotypes. People outside the state think of Atlanta when Georgia is mentioned.
No, not really. People think of Savannah and the coast, of the mountains and the farm land, of the hunting preserves, of our military bases and of our ports, and, of course, of Atlanta. But certainly not just of Atlanta. Georgia has way more to offer than just Atlanta.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawBoi View Post
Nah. Georgia is beyond the Deliverance stereotypes. People outside the state think of Atlanta when Georgia is mentioned.
You're right. No one ever thinks of Georgia as having any hillbillies. It's not like one of our biggest tourist attractions has Confederate leaders on it. It's not like we have a town that had segregated proms up to 2012(national story). Honey Boo Boo gets as much national exposure as all but the most famous Atlantans.

Georgia is stereotyped as being redneck, both by some outside the state and plenty of people from the Atlanta area. I had someone from Chicago say they were surprised we don't have dirt roads everywhere. That's what people in their neighborhood back home thought it would be like.

Squidbillies Intro Theme Song - YouTube

Old 08-07-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
You're right. No one ever thinks of Georgia as having any hillbillies. It's not like one of our biggest tourist attractions has Confederate leaders on it. It's not like we have a town that had segregated proms up to 2012(national story). Honey Boo Boo gets as much national exposure as all but the most famous Atlantans.

Georgia is stereotyped as being redneck, both by some outside the state and plenty of people from the Atlanta area. I had someone from Chicago say they were surprised we don't have dirt roads everywhere. That's what people in their neighborhood back home thought it would be like.

Squidbillies Intro Theme Song - YouTube
LOVE the Squidbillies.That show is hilarious!

Old 08-07-2013, 10:40 AM

2,851 posts, read 5,571,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
No. Like "Seinfeld" and "Friends" make NYC look full of vapid, sex-obsessed materialistic white people living in fantastic apartments that are completely out of their price range, given the "jobs" they have.

And don't forget "Sex in the City" like the NYC poster mentioned earlier. Where every day for a young professional is shopping for Dolce Gabanna shoes or much more expensive items, attending A-list hard to get in clubs, eating at 5-star restaraunts, etc. etc. and I think they had one black friend make an appearance on one out of hundreds of episodes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or