Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this fair?
yes 20 57.14%
no. 15 42.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:41 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRabbit View Post
Stating you work for the government doesn't exactly portray you as a trustworthy and upstanding individual. Yet again, for those who still seem to not understand, I'm not saying he deserves to die for having low grades and having a criminal record. I'm saying he most likely doesn't deserve a heart over hundreds of other children who do well and stay out of trouble. Seriously how hard is that to understand? People have already stated the letter said the only reason was non-compliance. Okay.

How many young children do you know that have run ins with the law that don't end up as criminals down the road (I admit 99% probably aren't violent, but they still end up criminals)? With apparently uncaring parents (who don't make their children take life-saving medicine?!). Especially these days? Logic.

It really is a sad state of affairs when people can't accept other's opinions without calling them stupid. *sigh*
are you sure you don't need a heart transplant

Old 08-13-2013, 06:58 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,691,146 times
People just cry racism for attention. Who knows what the parents are telling. But honestly if you have legal issues by 15.

You cannot even get a license in GA at 15.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:48 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,858,568 times
The plot thickens. Not a confirmed source, but someone called into the Bert Show this morning claiming that the child has already had a previous heart transplant and was not compliant with his medical regime.

Teenager Kept Off Transplant List, But There's More To The Story: The Bert Show Has The Inside Story - The Bert Show

Old 08-13-2013, 10:05 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
The plot thickens. Not a confirmed source, but someone called into the Bert Show this morning claiming that the child has already had a previous heart transplant and was not compliant with his medical regime.

Teenager Kept Off Transplant List, But There's More To The Story: The Bert Show Has The Inside Story - The Bert Show
Thanks for posting that.

As mentioned, it's not confirmed to be true, but the original article also allowed for some speculation about the reasons he isn't allowed on the list too.

Methinks there is more to this story we aren't hearing about.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-13-2013, 11:12 AM

80 posts, read 132,715 times
Good lord people get dumb in overemotional situations. What is more likely, that doctors - DOCTORS - are refusing to treat this young man because he's black and has low grades or that these doctors - DOCTORS - have seen a history of this patient (who has no doubt been in and out of the hospital with this condition) and have determined that he is unlikely to adhere to the protocol needed for individuals who receive donor organs? Yes. I'm going to go on the side of "The KKK has infiltrated the healthcare system - "

Old 08-13-2013, 11:17 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDS! View Post
Good lord people get dumb in overemotional situations. What is more likely, that doctors - DOCTORS - are refusing to treat this young man because he's black and has low grades or that these doctors - DOCTORS - have seen a history of this patient (who has no doubt been in and out of the hospital with this condition) and have determined that he is unlikely to adhere to the protocol needed for individuals who receive donor organs? Yes. I'm going to go on the side of "The KKK has infiltrated the healthcare system - "
Exactly.

You have a valuable and very limited resource - a human heart.

You have to choose who gets it. Will it be the person who will work hardest to preserve it or the person who can't even be bothered to show up for appointments, stop smoking, eat healthy, etc?

In this case, it's more complicated as this is a KID and compliance should be a non-issue as his parents should be making him take care of himself. Then again, in 3 years, he's on his own...if they don't have faith this kid will take care of himself and his heart, it is better off with someone who will cherish and value the gift.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:19 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeminds View Post
You have never had a traffic ticket?
That's a b.s. argument, but the fact is that I know several people who have never once gotten a speeding ticket, both my parents included.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:42 AM

183 posts, read 298,420 times
Ok, now his parents are stating that the reason they're saying hes been non compliant is because of the fact that they have not been able to afford the medications that the doctors have prescribed. This is just a terrible situation all around. I hope that everything works out for the family.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:52 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,858,568 times
I'm sitting here looking at the Member Handbook for PeachCare for Kids (which this child has as his insurance). It states that heart and lung transplants are covered for members 21 or younger with no copay. Although it doesn't specify here re: the accompanying medication needed, one would logically assume that that would also be covered. Pg. 8, bottom of the page.

https://georgia.wellcare.com/WCAsset...20Handbook.pdf

Old 08-13-2013, 11:57 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
I'm sitting here looking at the Member Handbook for PeachCare for Kids (which this child has as his insurance). It states that heart and lung transplants are covered for members 21 or younger with no copay. Although it doesn't specify here re: the accompanying medication needed, one would logically assume that that would also be covered. Pg. 8, bottom of the page.

https://georgia.wellcare.com/WCAsset...20Handbook.pdf
I would hope so as well, but you never can tell when it comes to these sorts of issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: