U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 07:49 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,990,528 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I have looked on the internet on at least three different occasions trying to figure out exactly what is going to be located at Buckhead Atlanta and I cannot find much of anything in the way of actual details. Is it going to be like an outdoor mall? What's going to be there in the way of stores, if so? I keep hearing stores will be catering to those with tons of money and those that don't have tons of money. So, if someone knows this much then someone knows what stores will be there, right?

Will there be food? Will there be housing? Will there be anything supercool like the wintertime ice skating rink in downtown Chicago at Millenium Park?
Google Image Result for http://www.getawayhostel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ice-skating.jpg

Finally, how is it going to be different than Lenox Mall? Assuming it is going to be an outdoor mall.

Please enlighten me. I want the project to succeed (I don't live too far from there and would like to glide on the winds of appreciation) but I'm just completely in the dark as to what is going on even though I drive past almost daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 08:04 PM

12,948 posts, read 21,050,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
Ok, so I have looked on the internet on at least three different occasions trying to figure out exactly what is going to be located at Buckhead Atlanta and I cannot find much of anything in the way of actual details. Is it going to be like an outdoor mall? What's going to be there in the way of stores, if so? I keep hearing stores will be catering to those with tons of money and those that don't have tons of money. So, if someone knows this much then someone knows what stores will be there, right?

Will there be food? Will there be housing? Will there be anything supercool like the wintertime ice skating rink in downtown Chicago at Millenium Park?
Google Image Result for http://www.getawayhostel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ice-skating.jpg

Finally, how is it going to be different than Lenox Mall? Assuming it is going to be an outdoor mall.

Please enlighten me. I want the project to succeed (I don't live too far from there and would like to glide on the winds of appreciation) but I'm just completely in the dark as to what is going on even though I drive past almost daily.
The Spanx Headquarters and Flagship Store!

Spanx to relocate HQ to Buckhead Atlanta project - Atlanta Business Chronicle

New Buckhead Atlanta Renders Reflect Spanx-y Presence - Development du Jour - Curbed Atlanta

DEAL OF THE WEEK: Spanx Gives Atlanta a Lift With New Headquarters - WSJ.com

Old 08-20-2013, 08:11 PM

5,243 posts, read 4,394,766 times
I don't really understand the hype either. Everything I have seen makes it look really small. That and I will likely never spend a dime in any of the stores there (I'm not their demographic)

Inside And Overhead Look At 'Buckhead Atlanta' Progress - Visual Journeys - Curbed Atlanta

Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 PM

Ok, so there is going to be a major size Spanx store. Cool. Goodness knows most of us can use Spanx. LOL. On another note, it is bewildering to me that so much space can be taken up for basically girdles re-designed. Testament to our society. Atlanta is the place if anywhere!

ETA: Last statement just means we are generally heavier than alot of the country and yet like to look fabulous. Perfect storm for a major girdle store.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,061,570 times
Retailers: (Here are some of the tenants supposedly) It will be basically 80 expensive stores that are not currently in Atlanta. Stores that are in Beverly Hills, NYC and Europe. I know I will not be buying much expect for food here but this is something that Atlanta needs. I would not consider it an outdoor mall but it will be more of an shopping destination. They are going to have apartments. I will probably shop at PCM more often than at BA but this is needed in the city. The same people that shop at LQ and PP will stop by here. It is a win win situation.

www.buckhead-atl.com

Hermes
Oscar de la Renta
Brunello Cucinelli
Etro
Akris
Jimmy Choo
Courage. b
Christian Louboutin
Scoop NYC
Moncler
Canali
Thomas Pink
L' Occitane

Restaurants:

American Cut
Georgetown Cupcakes
Shake Shack
Corso Coffee Wine Bar
Lugo Caffe
Gypsy Kitchen
Fireside Pies
Le Bilboquet
Doraku Sushi

Last edited by gerrythesnake; 08-20-2013 at 08:38 PM..

Old 08-20-2013, 08:41 PM

Finally, a list!!!! Thank you so much, Gerrythesnake!!! I have been enlightened.
Wow, a pretty high end list. I'm sure alot of people will be happy about Jimmy Choo, Hermes and Christine Louboutin. I won't shop there either but walking over for dinner or sushi could be cool from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Retailers: (Here are some of the tenants supposedly) It will be basically 80 expensive stores that are not currently in Atlanta. Stores that are in Beverly Hills, NYC and Europe. I know I will not be buying much expect for food here but this is something that Atlanta needs. I would not consider it an outdoor mall but it will be more of an shopping destination. They are going to have apartments. I will probably shop at PCM more often than at BA but this is needed in the city. The same people that shop at LQ and PP will stop by here. It is a win win situation.

BUCKHEAD Atlanta

Hermes
Oscar de la Renta
Brunello Cucinelli
Etro
Akris
Jimmy Choo
Courage. b
Christian Louboutin
Scoop NYC
Moncler
Canali
Thomas Pink
L' Occitane

Restaurants:

American Cut
Georgetown Cupcakes
Shake Shack
Corso Coffee Wine Bar
Lugo Caffe
Gypsy Kitchen
Fireside Pies
Le Bilboquet
Doraku Sushi

Old 08-20-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Finally, a list!!!! Thank you so much, Gerrythesnake!!! I have been enlightened.
Wow, a pretty high end list. I'm sure alot of people will be happy about Jimmy Choo, Hermes and Christine Louboutin. I won't shop there either but walking over for dinner or sushi could be cool from time to time.
The great thing is that BA, PCM and Avalon all open around the same time next year. All of the vacant stores around BA are being cleaned up now so that will be 20 additional businesses in the BA area.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 PM

Great. What is Avalon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
The great thing is that BA, PCM and Avalon all open around the same time next year. All of the vacant stores around BA are being cleaned up now so that will be 20 additional businesses in the BA area.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:59 PM

4,730 posts, read 3,251,774 times
Quote:
Great. What is Avalon?

Experience Avalon | Home - Experience Avalon

https://www.facebook.com/AvalonInsider

Old 08-20-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Great. What is Avalon?
Ponce City Market

Ponce City Market Fly Through - YouTube

Avalon (Alpharetta version of Atlantic Station)

Experience Avalon - YouTube

Avalon Closes $126.5 Million in Construction Financing

Online Marketing through Press Release Distribution - PRWeb
North American Properties - Atlanta, Ltd. (NAP), developers of Avalon, today announced that construction financing has been closed and vertical construction has begun. Avalon’s Phase I retail space is now 75 percent leased. Recently added retailers include: Giovanni Di Palma's Antico Napoletana, Bantam + Biddy by Chef Shaun Doty, Tommy Bahama, Vineyard Vines, Exhale Spa, West Elm, Kinnucan’s Specialty Outfitter, Sage Boutique, Free People, Janie and Jack, C. Wonder and L’Occitane.

Retail Leasing: In addition to the retailers listed above, Avalon has executed leases with Anthropologie, Arhaus, Athleta, Banana Republic, Bocado Burger Bar, Cru Food and Wine, Destination Maternity, Dry Bar, Everything But Water, Fab’rik, a new Chef Ford Fry concept, Flywheel, GAP, Gymboree, Kona Grill, Lululemon, Luxury Nail Spa, Marlow’s Tavern, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, Orvis, Paper Source, Pinkberry, PNC Bank, Regal Cinemas, Ted’s Montana Grill, Van Michael Salon and Whole Foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or