U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:41 PM

144 posts, read 365,370 times

Advertisements

The Rev. Creflo Dollar's World Changers Church International in College Park alone took in $69 million in 2006, according to a brief report his church showed The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Who's giving money to Creflo Dollar, and what is this man doing for Atlanta?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 05:15 PM

9,124 posts, read 32,798,890 times
Who said he had to use the money to do anything for Atlanta- he's collecting money for God, not for the state, right?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:17 PM

1,573 posts, read 5,653,507 times
Don't knock Creflo...he's keeping Atlanta's high end car dealerships in business. Bentley's, Benz's, and Mercedes. A man's gotta drive, right. I mean, this is Atlanta after all.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:46 PM

28 posts, read 114,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otoatlanta View Post
The Rev. Creflo Dollar's World Changers Church International in College Park alone took in $69 million in 2006, according to a brief report his church showed The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Who's giving money to Creflo Dollar, and what is this man doing for Atlanta?

A simple search of the church's website will show what they do for Atlanta. I counted 27 different programs that many metro residents probably benefit from. World Changers Church International - Creflo Dollar Ministries (broken link)

What's wrong with making $69M?

I don't give any money to him or his church, nor have I ever attended his church, a convention, watched him on TV or read one of his books. I do attend & give money to a church that has an income of millions, though not that much. I could care less if our pastor drove a benz or bentley. If you like and can afford expensive stuff, buy it.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:17 PM

2,066 posts, read 4,418,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nscruggs View Post
A simple search of the church's website will show what they do for Atlanta. I counted 27 different programs that many metro residents probably benefit from. World Changers Church International - Creflo Dollar Ministries (broken link)

What's wrong with making $69M?

I don't give any money to him or his church, nor have I ever attended his church, a convention, watched him on TV or read one of his books. I do attend & give money to a church that has an income of millions, though not that much. I could care less if our pastor drove a benz or bentley. If you like and can afford expensive stuff, buy it.
Jesus didn't make a dime.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:22 PM

9,124 posts, read 32,798,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
I'd like to think that Jesus is a slightly different group than Creflo Dollar, Osten, and the like.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:30 PM

28 posts, read 114,776 times
Quote:
Is that stated somewhere in the bible? And if it's true, just because Jesus didn't make money means no one else should?

The OP's title (going broke) suggests that there is something wrong with giving to Creflo's ministry, as if there's some sort of corruption going on. But he offers no data to support the implication. The bold text suggests that the OP is quoting something but he doesn't bother to reference it. The statement itself is neither positive or negative. If the number was $69 a year, it would still be just as nuetral. Then he questions who gives and what Creflo does. I simply answered his question based on the info I could find (and reference) and asked another. Again, what's wrong with making $69M? Or in other words, what's the point of the post?

Old 11-13-2007, 07:58 PM

2,066 posts, read 4,418,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nscruggs View Post
Is that stated somewhere in the bible? And if it's true, just because Jesus didn't make money means no one else should?

The OP's title (going broke) suggests that there is something wrong with giving to Creflo's ministry, as if there's some sort of corruption going on. But he offers no data to support the implication. The bold text suggests that the OP is quoting something but he doesn't bother to reference it. The statement itself is neither positive or negative. If the number was $69 a year, it would still be just as nuetral. Then he questions who gives and what Creflo does. I simply answered his question based on the info I could find (and reference) and asked another. Again, what's wrong with making $69M? Or in other words, what's the point of the post?

Yes it is in the Bible. Is it in the Bible where Jesus told his followers to take any money for preaching Gods word? In fact, the bible says that Jesus rebuked those who were selling and receiving money in the Church.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:10 AM

16,248 posts, read 21,333,046 times
Religion here is no different than religion elsewhere- especially "Christianity". While Dollar thinks Jesus would drive a Rolls and dress in fine suits and lots of gold, the southern Baptist think he would drive a Hummer and shoot at Muslims. Anybody that gives any money to any of them is as nutty as they are. That said it is not the government's business to be snooping in it.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:23 AM

75 posts, read 514,101 times
1And when they came nigh to Jerusalem, unto Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount of Olives, he sendeth forth two of his disciples,
2And saith unto them, Go your way into the village over against you: and as soon as ye be entered into it, ye shall find a colt tied, whereon never man sat; loose him, and bring him. 3And if any man say unto you, Why do ye this? say ye that the Lord hath need of him; and straightway he will send him hither. (Mark11:1-3)

I went to one of those churches abd the pastor referenced this to justify why he should have a new car.He claimed the young colt that had never been sat on was the equivalent to a brand new car. Needless to say...that was enuff to make me doubt everything else he was saying. They pick verses and distort them to their needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or