Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 02:37 PM

12 posts, read 23,323 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I would like to invite you all to share your views on Forsyth county Public schools (elementry,middle and high).

Please put forward any piece of information you have or any advice you want to provide to the parents like how to decide best elementry,middle or high school of forsyth county.

Home buyer/Parents who have decided or looking forward to buy a home in forsyth county because of good rating public schools to get benefit from this discussion by openly sharing their research work with others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 05:56 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,872,975 times
i went to forsyth county schools. the schools are technically very good, they offer IB and AP and all sorts of programs. however the school system is full of good old boys and crooks— they racially segregate the schools by neighbourhood so the white kids don't have to go to school with the hispanic kids. the hispanic neighbourhoods get crappier schools and don't get the programs that the "white" schools do. there is also a lot of "keeping up with the joneses" type stuff going on among the students and parents— it can be pretty stressful sometimes.

i would say that the high school area that you would least likely see both types of behaviour is south forsyth high, followed by lambert. the worst is probably west forsyth high.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i went to forsyth county schools. the schools are technically very good, they offer IB and AP and all sorts of programs. however the school system is full of good old boys and crooks— they racially segregate the schools by neighbourhood so the white kids don't have to go to school with the hispanic kids. the hispanic neighbourhoods get crappier schools and don't get the programs that the "white" schools do. there is also a lot of "keeping up with the joneses" type stuff going on among the students and parents— it can be pretty stressful sometimes.

i would say that the high school area that you would least likely see both types of behaviour is south forsyth high, followed by lambert. the worst is probably west forsyth high.
Thanks for your review, the matter that you have put forward is really worth to consider while buying a home.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:27 PM

I request everyone to please take actively take part in this discussion and put forward your views and comments.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:23 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snehra1 View Post
I request everyone to please take actively take part in this discussion and put forward your views and comments.
You likely may not necessarily get an overwhelming response to your post because from past posts it appears that you have already made up your mind about moving into Forsyth County.

It seems that at this point that you just may be trying to get others to tell you what you want to hear so that you may justify a move that you seemingly have already made up your mind to make.

If you want to move to Forsyth County, then go for it and like bryantm3 advised, look around in the feeder zones for South Forsyth and Lambert high schools.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
You likely may not necessarily get an overwhelming response to your post because from past posts it appears that you have already made up your mind about moving into Forsyth County.

It seems that at this point that you just may be trying to get others to tell you what you want to hear so that you may justify a move that you seemingly have already made up your mind to make.

If you want to move to Forsyth County, then go for it and like bryantm3 advised, look around in the feeder zones for South Forsyth and Lambert high schools.
Did I mention anywhere in this post that should I plan to move to forsyth county or not based on the school system ? It was all about discussing the forsyth county school system and not at all about helping me making my decision wheather I make a move to this county or not. Lets just assume that I have decided to move to forsyth county then what is wrong in it if as a parent I wanted to know which school district of forsyth is best, which is good and which is the one we should stay away from and why?
Did I send you a personal message and bothered you for posting a reply here,no not all right ? if thats what you think " It seems that at this point that you just may be trying to get others to tell you what you want to hear so that you may justify a move that you seemingly have already made up your mind to make" ,its ok I don't care .But i completely agree with this that in such a case rather than posting these baseless things you should have decided not to reply at all.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:07 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,872,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post

i wasn't aware of the OP's history, but even so, we could still use the thread as a general discussion of FCS.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 AM

528 posts, read 1,283,957 times
To be honest, we are getting overcrowded in our high schools. Trailers at Lambert already with developers pushing to build in all of our green space. They are trying to push through lots of high density housing developments without addressing the problems that will come with it: more overcrowding in schools, insufficient roads etc.

The commissioners don't care what the people in their district want. They are being re-elected by campaign funds coming from the developers. They have admitted this to us. The Lambert surrounding neighborhoods have petitions going right now and there is a big meeting September 19th we are going to attend to try to get them to lower the amount of homes they want to put into this particular development that is directly across from Lambert. This is what we are currently fighting and trying to reduce the number of homes from 105 to 88:

Request to rezone from Agricultural District (A1) to Single Family Residential District (RES4) on 35.14 acres for 105 lots with a density of 3.31 units per acre.

Variance being requested:
1. A variance of 8 feet to allow 12 feet between structures rather than the required 20 feet between structures. (UDC Section 11-5.3, table 11.2 (b)).

Elementary schools are overcrowded and middle schools are overcrowded. This year they are going to address those two levels and move kids around. Our elementary school will gain more kids because we have room but the middle school is overcrowded and our entire neighborhood is being redistricted to a different middle school (or so rumor goes- it will be published in a few weeks) which we are fine with because that middle school is just as good as the one the kids go to now but depending on where you are in forsyth county, you may move to a school that isn't as good.

We are all for growth but we want smart growth. There's a lot of angst going on right now. Just be aware of it. I may be packing up and moving to Johns Creek and Fulton county if things get out of hand!

Old 09-02-2013, 02:57 PM

67 posts, read 105,822 times
@livinginbuffalo What is your fear? Getting redistricting out of Riverwatch & Lambert in future? Right now they would be redistricting only elementary. Please tell me more as I am focusing on that cluster & don't want my middle & high to be rezoned. It will be a great help.

What is your elementary school?

As far regarding trailers, Fulton's Rivertrail also has trailers & I think we won't be able to avoid them because excellent schools will grow.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:57 PM

528 posts, read 1,283,957 times
Our middle school is probably going to get rezoned from Riverwatch to South Forsyth Middle.

Our elementary school, Sharon, will get additional students because we have room.

Go to Forsyth County schools and there's a link that indicates what schools, both middle and elementary, will be affected. It doesn't say what neighborhoods yet but gives what schools will lose students and which will gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta