U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 10:22 PM

448 posts, read 709,403 times

Advertisements

I will be doing some business in the Atlanta area next year and I have started to do some preliminary searching. I did a little research here on the boards and saw that apparently there were a lot of foreclosures in that community. I was looking to possibly purchase a property in that community. Has the situation improved at all? From my perspective (DC area) there seem to be some real bargains there. Could someone give me a little more perspective on the ground?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 06:05 AM

1,154 posts, read 2,269,278 times
There has been an awful lot of new construction on the side that the clubhouse is in. It appears that many of the foreclosures have been purchased. On the ground, it is a beautiful neighborhood with high end homes that are very well kept up with and most of the homes are over the top, including homes with fountains, private putting greens, etc.

The neighborhood across from the club, is also nice and no new construction (I think, but it has been a long time since I've been over there).

The part of the Manor that is north of the club, itself, is a different story- it has more of a foreclosureland feel. Not much was built out and I'm not sure how much is being built there currently.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:45 AM

Thanks for the update. How long does it take to get from there to downtown Atlanta on a typical day? From what I can tell, it looks to be about a 40 minute commute?

Old 09-04-2013, 12:42 PM

Pretty sure the commute would be much longer than 40 minutes because the Manor is pretty far north and 400 is usually a nightmare unless you work off hours. I would say over an hour each way,easily.

Coming from McLean, you will certainly get a lot more house for your money. The Manor homes are still priced well below where they were at their peak and the two communities by the clubhouse do not seem like "foreclosure" neighborhoods; quite the opposite. The houses are extremely large and well, "manorly" as is the clubhouse. The amenities include golf, indoor and outdoor tennis as well as fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools.

Is there any home in particular you're interested in?

Old 09-04-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyrn View Post
Is there any home in particular you're interested in?
No, not at this point. Right now I am just researching and reading about communities and neighborhoods and checking to see what would be a good fit for me. The Manor seems to be one that fits the bill. I am still probably about 8 months to a year away from buying anything.

On the commute time, I am self employed so that is not a huge factor given how I work (I can often work at home on my laptop), but I was just wondering how far it was from downtown just for my information.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:16 PM

I have friends in Buckhead and they make it to the Manor in about 30 minutes at non-peak times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or