U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 10:13 PM

22 posts, read 45,539 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. You have been very helpful in our home search and wanted to pick your brains for some more info. We've pretty much settled on Suwanee and will be coming down in a few weeks to start house hunting. I've been trying to research and google but I'm not getting much. Two things I really want to know about are churches and fitness clubs/tennis centers. We are a Christian family and want to find a great church. We come from a Fellowship Bible Church so something similar if anyone knows would be great. I can give more details if needed. Also, my wife plays tennis and we'd love to find a fitness center for the family that also has tennis. Is there anything like that there? Thanks for the help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 06:10 AM

2,466 posts, read 4,066,815 times
You will definitely want to check out ALTA (Atlanta Tennis Association) for tennis.

www.atlattennis.org

Old 09-11-2013, 02:45 PM

2,135 posts, read 2,419,436 times
What do you mean by a great church? Northpoint is a great BIG church. Lots of good programs, but going to service is almost like going to a basketball game (have you ever been on a first name basis with ALL the fans of your favorite basketball team?)

Old 09-11-2013, 02:53 PM

Thanks everyone. I will have my wife check out the link for the tennis. I knew Atlanta was big on tennis so I'm sure she'll find a good place.

For churches, we prefer a mid-sized church. The church we attend now is about 5,000 members but it is very well-run with great student ministries and weekday studies/MOPS-type programs. Also, we love the exegetical teaching style, teaching through entire books of the Bible. I have actually seen a few Andy Stanley sermons on television and really like him, but I think that church may be a little bigger than we'd like. Does that help?

Old 09-11-2013, 03:00 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,578,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdr74 View Post
Thanks everyone. I will have my wife check out the link for the tennis. I knew Atlanta was big on tennis so I'm sure she'll find a good place.

For churches, we prefer a mid-sized church. The church we attend now is about 5,000 members but it is very well-run with great student ministries and weekday studies/MOPS-type programs. Also, we love the exegetical teaching style, teaching through entire books of the Bible. I have actually seen a few Andy Stanley sermons on television and really like him, but I think that church may be a little bigger than we'd like. Does that help?
For a mid-sized church that preaches on books of the bible, try Shadowbrook Baptist on Lawrenceville-Suwanee Rd. just down from Suwanee Town Center. Regarding tennis, most people in Suwanee play out of their subdivision courts (like Morningview) so it won't be hard to find a place to play.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:47 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,735,387 times
A fitness club with a good tennis program that might be of interest to the Original Poster might be Lifetime Athletic and Tennis Club off of Peachtree Corners Circle near GA 140 Holcomb Bridge Road in the Peachtree Corners/Norcross area of Gwinnett County.

The club used to be known as "The Racquet Club of the South" before being purchased by new owners who have extensively renovated the club and are re-opening the club with the new name of "Lifetime Athletic and Tennis Club at Peachtree Corners" this fall.

The club in its previous incarnation was known as the training facility for local tennis star Melanie Oudin of Marietta who went on a run to the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open a few years back.

https://www.lifetimefitness.com/en/c...a/your-lt.html

Last edited by Born 2 Roll; 09-11-2013 at 04:26 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM

Thanks so much OhioNative and Born2Roll. We will definitely look into Shadowbrook. They have a preschool there too it seems, so that might be worth considering for our children. We have a son almost four and a daughter almost two.

I am definitely going to look into Lifetime Fitness. It sounds perfect. We are very familiar with Oudin. Let's just say the Tennis Channel is on way too much in our house.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:35 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,578,275 times
...or if you ever need an Andy Stanley fix (on a giant screen), they are building Gwinnett Church, a campus of Northpoint, right around the corner from Suwanee Town Center on Peachtree Industrial.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:05 PM

Thanks OhioNative. Big screens aren't really our thing but good to know.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:59 PM

2,615 posts, read 3,462,562 times
Good luck with your move. I've always hated the name "Suwanee" but I guess there must be a reason that someone would name a city that. In any case, what else is a church teaching if it isn't teaching through whole books of the bible? This was really interesting to me when you made this comment. What does that mean? I don't go to different churches very much so I'm not really sure how it all works church to church but very interesting indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdr74 View Post
Thanks OhioNative. Big screens aren't really our thing but good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta