U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2013, 12:44 AM
 
Location: Senoia, GA
254 posts, read 359,510 times
Reputation: 132

Advertisements

Amber Alert issued for Georgia teen taken at gunpoint during home invasion - NY Daily News

I think people who live in Clayton County, because I used to, should either move to spalding or get a gun. My prayers are with this angel.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2013, 01:30 AM
 
Location: Historic West End
4,464 posts, read 4,098,053 times
Reputation: 4441
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
Amber Alert issued for Georgia teen taken at gunpoint during home invasion - NY Daily News

I think people who live in Clayton County, because I used to, should either move to spalding or get a gun. My prayers are with this angel.
It would be silly for one incident to cause people to move. Senseless crimes occur all over Metro Atlanta. The more serious issue is the identity, emotional crisis and the effects of Black men ages 16-30 who feel they must continue to terrorize communities with senseless crime. That's why I'm starting a program that will target black youth, and introduce them to something different by taking short term mission trips internationally. These young men are generally fatherless, and stuck in environment that is toxic, and must be taught how to make emotionally mature decisions. This is a grassroot movement, if anyone can help with nonprofit advice, etc send me a private message.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2013, 06:23 AM
 
550 posts, read 847,459 times
Reputation: 232
Mentoring works. The value of short term mission trips is questionable.
Why You Should Consider Canceling Your Short-Term Mission Trips – The Gospel Coalition Blog
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2013, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis, IN
615 posts, read 929,330 times
Reputation: 455
Sorry to hear this. Hope she gets back home safe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 AM
 
1,856 posts, read 3,199,341 times
Reputation: 1173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
It would be silly for one incident to cause people to move. Senseless crimes occur all over Metro Atlanta. The more serious issue is the identity, emotional crisis and the effects of Black men ages 16-30 who feel they must continue to terrorize communities with senseless crime. That's why I'm starting a program that will target black youth, and introduce them to something different by taking short term mission trips internationally. These young men are generally fatherless, and stuck in environment that is toxic, and must be taught how to make emotionally mature decisions. This is a grassroot movement, if anyone can help with nonprofit advice, etc send me a private message.
that's a very good idea
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 AM
 
30,577 posts, read 29,092,937 times
Reputation: 11437
Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongirl View Post
Mentoring works. The value of short term mission trips is questionable.
How do we find enough mentors and get them set up with the people they'll be mentoring?

I'm not objecting, because it's a terrific idea. I just wonder how we could set it up?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2013, 10:46 AM
 
1,856 posts, read 3,199,341 times
Reputation: 1173
now these fools are demanding $10,000 in ransom
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2013, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Senoia, GA
254 posts, read 359,510 times
Reputation: 132
They found her!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2013, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Senoia, GA
254 posts, read 359,510 times
Reputation: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
It would be silly for one incident to cause people to move. Senseless crimes occur all over Metro Atlanta. The more serious issue is the identity, emotional crisis and the effects of Black men ages 16-30 who feel they must continue to terrorize communities with senseless crime. That's why I'm starting a program that will target black youth, and introduce them to something different by taking short term mission trips internationally. These young men are generally fatherless, and stuck in environment that is toxic, and must be taught how to make emotionally mature decisions. This is a grassroot movement, if anyone can help with nonprofit advice, etc send me a private message.

Not all out-of-wedlock birthed kids grow up to be gang members and robbers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2013, 12:51 PM
 
Location: MMU->ABE->ATL->ASH
9,230 posts, read 18,591,803 times
Reputation: 10206
WSB/TV is reporting she been found alive, and 2 Men are in custody.

Abducted Clayton Co. teen found alive | www.wsbtv.com

Glad she is back and "Safe"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top