Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 10:57 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
It is some miserable people in here that need to go out on a date or something
Misery loves company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 11:17 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Misery loves company.

Well, that person (he/she) picked the wrong thread to look for company. He/she is outnumbered by happy people, the fans of Atlanta.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:47 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,133,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
We can probably arrange that ... :
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post
You are a grown man. You can go back any time you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Frankly, I'm beginning to believe you'd rather stay here and be miserable. At least that's the way you come off here.
Or I'm in my senior year of college? I'm not going to randomly move during my 4 years of undergrad....I'm graduating this year so I will be looking for jobs outside of the state.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Or I'm in my senior year of college? I'm not going to randomly move during my 4 years of undergrad....I'm graduating this year so I will be looking for jobs outside of the state.

Why not spend your time on CD posting in the CA forum?

I don't post in the Columbus,Ohio forum. I'd rather post where I am most happiest and where I want to be. Makes life easier.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,133,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Why not spend your time on CD posting in the CA forum?

I don't post in the Columbus,Ohio forum. I'd rather post where I am most happiest and where I want to be. Makes life easier.
Cali is one out of many places I'd like to move to. There's NYC, DC, Chicago, SF, and LA. Pretty much a walkable, dense city that's big and has good transit. Atlanta is not that. That's why I don't really like this city. The teabaggers deny any progress Atlanta can make(i.e. more rail).

I post in this forum because I still live here...it only makes sense.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:42 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times
Quote:
Cali is one out of many places I'd like to move to. There's NYC, DC, Chicago, SF, and LA. Pretty much a walkable, dense city that's big and has good transit. Atlanta is at's why I don't really like this city. The teabaggers deny any progress Atlanta can make(i.e. more rail).

As u see most people in this thread are happy and fine with Atlanta. Do u have to go in every thread and bring your I hate Atlanta because its not dense as chicago or Ny attitude. Can we have 1 decent thread with people who actually enjoy Atlanta geez.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:49 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,629,995 times
Quote:
Cali is one out of many places I'd like to move to. There's NYC, DC, Chicago, SF, and LA. Pretty much a walkable, dense city that's big and has good transit. Atlanta is not that. That's why I don't really like this city. The teabaggers deny any progress Atlanta can make(i.e. more rail).

You need to get laid

Old 10-18-2013, 01:50 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
As u see most people in this thread are happy and fine with Atlanta. Do u have to go in every thread and bring your I hate Atlanta because its not dense as chicago or Ny attitude. Can we have 1 decent thread with people who actually enjoy Atlanta geez.

Debbie Downer Noise - YouTube

Old 10-18-2013, 02:32 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Glad you had such a good time!

I agree that Atlanta is not boring. And I will even agree that traffic is not all that bad. Columbus DOES have pretty bad traffic too for an Ohio town, them an Cincinnati are the worse I have traveled through.

Only certain areas of Atlanta has bad traffic IMO, mostly on the northern portions of the city and the northern suburbs and the northern expressways (especially 400 and 85 and the northern portion of 285). But I stay away from those areas so am not affected by it anymore.

But I hope you have a smooth transition to Atlanta and keep the positive view of the city. Even though I am not a huge lover of the city, I do think it has its charm and its own unique sort of flavor so I don't view it negatively like a lot of other transplants and just adapted to how things are done around here. I've been here over 15 years now so I am probably more "Atlantan" than a lot of the people I know from other places who I tell to stop complaining all the time.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post

The whole Chicago,NYC, LA. Dc-vs- Atlanta is so old.

I like all of those cities and I even lived in Chicago for 10 years. I still like Atlanta as well as those other cities. I can see if he/she were living in Akron,Ohio. That would be something to be unhappy about, to a degree. There are just as many people on the Chicago forum spewing hate about Chicago as in this forum. If you don't like where you live, you either deal with it or do something about it. Those are the only 2 options.

Atlanta is a great city with plenty to offer for work, play and relaxation.

I certainly understand someone not liking where they live. I'm okay with that but some of these posters come across as if the down right hate Atlanta with a passion. That is where I cannot comprehend their misery.

I live in Columbus,Ohio. Not a favorite place to live. I don't post in that forum very often but when I do, it's usually to help a new resident and answer questions about a recommendation for a service provider. It's never to show disdain for the city. I can use my energy planning my move to Atlanta.

It's so much easier to post happy posts in this forum than to post unhappy posts in the city forum in which I have no desire to be.

I don't like cats, therefore I don't go to cat forums posting "I don't like cats".

Instead, I come here and post about my fondness for Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta