Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 02:22 PM

72,814 posts, read 62,135,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
How is her death any different from the other thousands of road rage deaths that happen every year? I can't think of any that have made big national news.

Also, a lot of stories that make it big in the media do so because the family did a lot of pushing and yelling for it.
I don't know how the media works. The only big media rule I know is that if it bleeds, it leads. Other than that, I don't know that much.

I think what made this death rather significant was that a student was murdered.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:31 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,250,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know how the media works. The only big media rule I know is that if it bleeds, it leads. Other than that, I don't know that much.

I think what made this death rather significant was that a student was murdered.
Students are killed every year though. There was just a student stabbed to death at Georgetown University by his best friend a few days ago. Hasn't made national news and I doubt it will.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Students are killed every year though. There was just a student stabbed to death at Georgetown University by his best friend a few days ago. Hasn't made national news and I doubt it will.
Didn't know about that.

I think there was another factor. The Georgetown stabbing happened in DC. It is sadly expected to get killed in DC. This shooting happened in Kennesaw, considered one of the safest suburbs of Atlanta(and went over 25 years without a murder). And it didn't happen in a rough area either. It happened in a gated apartment complex too. One would think it wouldn't happen there.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:07 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,709,235 times
Quote:
Didn't know about that.

I think there was another factor. The Georgetown stabbing happened in DC. It is sadly expected to get killed in DC. This shooting happened in Kennesaw, considered one of the safest suburbs of Atlanta(and went over 25 years without a murder). And it didn't happen in a rough area either. It happened in a gated apartment complex too. One would think it wouldn't happen there.
Crime happens anywhere. Gated communities are a joke anyways. The driver just followed her thru the gate.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Crime happens anywhere. Gated communities are a joke anyways. The driver just followed her thru the gate.
It can happen anywhere. I'm a living testament to that. I got jumped and robbed in a gated apartment complex. I'm merely stating that part of the shock might have come from where this murder happened. Most people don't expect to get murdered in a gated apartment complex in a suburban area.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:25 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,618,276 times
Can you all stop falling for these troll threads

Old 10-17-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Can you all stop falling for these troll threads
This wasn't meant to be a troll thread. This was suppose to be something to talk about, something to discuss in a civilized manner. That was my idea. I felt like there were some things I actually felt could be discussed. This is a tragedy that should not have happened.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:55 PM

989 posts, read 1,736,363 times
Quote:
This wasn't meant to be a troll thread. This was suppose to be something to talk about, something to discuss in a civilized manner. That was my idea. I felt like there were some things I actually felt could be discussed. This is a tragedy that should not have happened.
I know, but what is to be discussed. She was a college student, but she wasn't murdered on campus and she wasn't targeted. I read several articles from this case and it looks like a lot of things could have been avoided. The incident took place at 2am, not rush hour. It started before they entered the apartment complex. The victim engaged in an altercation outside of the vehicle with the assailant. The passenger in the victim car never got out and watch the entire event unfold. No one called police until after shots were fired. In any case, no one should have died that night, but unless I get more information, I'm going to venture that cooler heads on both sides would have avoided this tragedy.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:14 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,786,336 times
Quote:
Didn't know about that.

Check your map. This area has a Kennesaw mailing address but is not in the Kennesaw city limits. This is unincoporated Cobb County, will not effect Kennesaw crime statistics.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:18 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,653,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Had it been the other way around, it would have been a major national story with protests, federal investigations and hearings, and weeks of media coveage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta