Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 06:02 AM

72,959 posts, read 62,547,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
I know, but what is to be discussed. She was a college student, but she wasn't murdered on campus and she wasn't targeted. I read several articles from this case and it looks like a lot of things could have been avoided. The incident took place at 2am, not rush hour. It started before they entered the apartment complex. The victim engaged in an altercation outside of the vehicle with the assailant. The passenger in the victim car never got out and watch the entire event unfold. No one called police until after shots were fired. In any case, no one should have died that night, but unless I get more information, I'm going to venture that cooler heads on both sides would have avoided this tragedy.
From what I read, it started because the victim wouldn't let a woman follow her into the apartment complex. and then the attacker got mad. It was a gated apartment complex. I would say the one thing that went wrong was getting out of the car.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Check your map. This area has a Kennesaw mailing address but is not in the Kennesaw city limits. This is unincoporated Cobb County, will not effect Kennesaw crime statistics.
That doesn't help. When I got mugged, it was inside of a gated apartment complex. Still, the area was not known for being violent.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:24 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,852,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That doesn't help. When I got mugged, it was inside of a gated apartment complex. Still, the area was not known for being violent.
Not that it matters to this individual or residents of the community at large, just making the point that Kennesaw's string of no murders won't be effected by this as it was not in the city of Kennesaw. That's where those statistics count, not the mailing address. I actually lived in this complex for a short while about ten years ago when I was between houses and felt it was as safe as could be.

You are on your own in the wilds of unincorporated Cobb!

Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 AM

1,228 posts, read 2,388,518 times
It seems that there are a lot of people who are not taught how to handle their anger, and they react by pulling out a gun instead of just walking away. That's a big part of the problem.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:00 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
It seems that there are a lot of people who are not taught how to handle their anger, and they react by pulling out a gun instead of just walking away. That's a big part of the problem.
So true, MMG. We ought to require a course in anger management as a prerequisite to buying a gun.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
I would definitely agree, and all of this because the attacker couldn't get into a gated apartment complex. That woman didn't have to shoot her.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Not that it matters to this individual or residents of the community at large, just making the point that Kennesaw's string of no murders won't be effected by this as it was not in the city of Kennesaw. That's where those statistics count, not the mailing address. I actually lived in this complex for a short while about ten years ago when I was between houses and felt it was as safe as could be.

You are on your own in the wilds of unincorporated Cobb!
I did live in the unincorporated part. It felt more like an incorporated area though. I lived in a rather old apartment complex. No one ever bothered me or gave me trouble.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I would definitely agree, and all of this because the attacker couldn't get into a gated apartment complex. That woman didn't have to shoot her.
Is that why the victim was murdered? Because the shooter couldn't enter a gated community?

That is truly tragic.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Is that why the victim was murdered? Because the shooter couldn't enter a gated community?

That is truly tragic.

From what I've read, a confrontation started because one woman would not let another woman follow her through the gate. In the end, the attacker shot the victim, as well, that's all she wrote(no pun intended).

Old 10-19-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
From what I've read, a confrontation started because one woman would not let another woman follow her through the gate. In the end, the attacker shot the victim, as well, that's all she wrote(no pun intended).
Sheesh. To me that's just cold blooded murder, not "road rage."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta