Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2013, 03:13 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,215,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Chicago is the most segregated city in America. I'm just used to living around different ethnic groups. I live next to blacks, whites, Mexicans and Indians in my neighborhood.
Regarding the nightlife we could not find a good megaclub playing hip hop. We ended up just going to some lounges

Well, Chicago is House territory so you aren't going to find mega Hip Hop places. We Chicagoans love our House music lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 04:28 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,328,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
And there's a such thing as controversial opinions. Some people might think skunk spray smell good. But that would be a very unusual opinion against popular opinion wouldn't it?

If someone from Seattle sees Seattle as prettier find... but saying Atlanta is "ugly" still would be reaching. Never heard anyone in my life refer to Atlanta as ugly, I have known people from TX, Cali, New York, Florida and Chicago. And they all drilled on the idea that Atlanta is pretty. Don't even have to saying anything they will just randomly say it. It's something that stuck out about Atlanta to them.
I know what Atlanta looks like.

Likewise, the only time I really hear people call Houston an ugly city is here on the internet. Most out-of-towners that I meet on a regular basis typically have mostly positive things to say.

My only point is that, to someone who is used to San Francisco, Atlanta could be seen as somewhat of an ugly city.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:45 PM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I know what Atlanta looks like.

Likewise, the only time I really hear people call Houston an ugly city is here on the internet. Most out-of-towners that I meet on a regular basis typically have mostly positive things to say.

My only point is that, to someone who is used to San Francisco, Atlanta could be seen as somewhat of an ugly city.
We're talking opinions here. I prefer Atlanta. At least it doesn't smell like urine.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:19 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,907,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
We're talking opinions here. I prefer Atlanta. At least it doesn't smell like urine.
Thank-you! As I've often said, San Francisco is an ugly city with some nice views. There is something to be said for what a city looks like at street level, and unfortunately, much of San Franciso is very ugly at street level.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:14 PM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Thank-you! As I've often said, San Francisco is an ugly city with some nice views. There is something to be said for what a city looks like at street level, and unfortunately, much of San Franciso is very ugly at street level.
SF is where my DH spent his formative years. He agrees.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I agree. Opinions are all we're dealing with. That's exactly why I don't understand some posters bringing up "facts" as if there's some official list of beautiful and ugly cities.

Getting all pissy and claiming someone is flat out wrong for saying Atlanta is ugly but then turning around and saying the same thing about another city is hypocritical.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:41 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,907,102 times
Quote:
I agree. Opinions are all we're dealing with. That's exactly why I don't understand some posters bringing up "facts" as if there's some official list of beautiful and ugly cities.

Getting all pissy and claiming someone is flat out wrong for saying Atlanta is ugly but then turning around and saying the same thing about another city is hypocritical.
But Houston IS ugly ... I thought that was an established fact?!

Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
As much of a fact that Nene Leakes represents the average Atlantan woman.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,127,744 times
Quote:
As much of a fact that Nene Leakes represents the average Atlantan woman.
She does though.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:25 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,446 times
Quote:
Lmao!!! It is. She definitely isn't pretty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta