U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 06:08 PM

83 posts, read 271,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
My wife is black. The way she tells it, She started dating white men because she was tired of being hit, cheated on, and having her black boyfriends spending bill money on things like playstations, rims, ect, ect..

She's a VERY independent woman and I wouldn't have it any other way.

All i can say is more power to you!!!!!!!!!! Not all black women who are independent are big idots with a diva complex either, and not every black man buys 24s on their car, and play video games all day either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 06:14 PM

4,679 posts, read 8,255,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJone'sBloodyNose View Post
All i can say is more power to you!!!!!!!!!! Not all black women who are independent are big idots with a diva complex either, and not every black man buys 24s on their car, and play video games all day either.
I agree with that. I'm not an activist on interracial relationships or anything like that just because that's what I'm involved with. I'm just curious as to why if someone continues to have troubles finding their soulmate within their own race, Why they won't try to find that in another race of person. Love knows no color.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:22 PM

83 posts, read 271,018 times
Quote:
I agree with that. I'm not an activist on interracial relationships or anything like that just because that's what I'm involved with. I'm just curious as to why if someone continues to have troubles finding their soulmate within their own race, Why they won't try to find that in another race of person. Love knows no color.

I think its just your wife's selection of black men in the past is the reason why she gave up on black men. Most black women feel that the most attractive black men are the ones that carry that ignorant thug image they see on tv. black women have a tendency to attract the dudes that don't have their priorities together. and the black men that do have their priorities straight just aren't attractive to certain black women. One of the sistas even admitted on the Tyra banks show that the black men that do have their **** together are too nice, or they're ugly as fack. alot of black women feel that they need a tupac, lil wayne, or plies with a degree, but when reality kicks in, that crap rarly exists.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:48 PM

52,717 posts, read 75,627,145 times
Quote:
My wife is black. The way she tells it, She started dating white men because she was tired of being hit, cheated on, and having her black boyfriends spending bill money on things like playstations, rims, ect, ect..

She's a VERY independent woman and I wouldn't have it any other way.

That has to do with the Black men she was with. That's unfortunate, but going to men of another race does not make her or anyone else immune to such behavior.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:50 AM

1,770 posts, read 3,568,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flame View Post
Those women have self esteem issues
That the best post I ve seen on here because its so true, espically in Houston.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:01 AM

1,770 posts, read 3,568,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJone'sBloodyNose View Post
One of the sistas even admitted on the Tyra banks show that the black men that do have their **** together are too nice, or they're ugly as fack. alot of black women feel that they need a tupac, lil wayne, or plies with a degree, but when reality kicks in, that crap rarly exists.
So true, and we wonder why AIDS and STD'S are so high, the good guys finish last because they dont want to go first. The thugs are really gay undercover dudes, the ones coming from jail and the ones with 20's and screens in their car are f*ing dudes and passing it to our women.
"I JUST DONT GET IT SOMETIMES."

Old 09-05-2008, 04:40 PM

16 posts, read 93,228 times
Quote:
love is color blind, but maybe it's because of the money why your wife wants to be with you. As a black women I haven't dated someone of another race and I don't have troubles in relationships where a black man is cheating on me ect and I live where that is a small amount of black men that date black women.
The truth is there is a myth that white women are better then black women when it comes to dating and relationships. The truth is, black men that like white women are only looking for a women to lay up under or to have their white women to support them financially. The fact of the matter is once you are attracted to one race that attraction will not go away. From my experience of seeing interracial relationships most of the black men still want a black women on the side. Itís the same for a black women and a white man in a relationship.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:50 AM

16 posts, read 56,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flame View Post
Those women have self esteem issues
Black people in general have issues. Black women need to stop chasing some kind of dream of finding the perfect black man he simply doesn't exist the sooner they figure that out the better off they will be. I mean damn no one is saying to settle but expecting a man to have EVERYTHING is just unrealistic and I'm not just talking material things. Also black women you need to start having some respect for yourselves if you ever want a man to have any for you. Having all these babies out of wedlock not knowing who the father's is or having 3 or 4 baby father's, shaking your a$$ in the clubs half naked thats really not a good look. One more thing stop being so damn stuck up learn how to relax and stop taking things/yourself so seriously..then you wonder why you single.

As for these Black men you need to 1st learn how to keep your dck in your pants realize what you have at home and stop being so easily influenced if you could learn to do that OMG you could put an end to so much unnecessary drama. Start taking care of these kids you out here making and start respecting the decent black women out here because not all of us are like the women I described. Also if you don't date Black women thats fine hey live your life but do you have to disrespect and degrade us in the process because you ran across a few bad ones..remember where you came from.

To you DL brothas out there you disgust me I mean seriously I spit on you.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:48 AM

2,671 posts, read 5,414,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth25 View Post
love is color blind, but maybe it's because of the money why your wife wants to be with you. As a black women I haven't dated someone of another race and I don't have troubles in relationships where a black man is cheating on me ect and I live where that is a small amount of black men that date black women.
The truth is there is a myth that white women are better then black women when it comes to dating and relationships. The truth is, black men that like white women are only looking for a women to lay up under or to have their white women to support them financially. The fact of the matter is once you are attracted to one race that attraction will not go away. From my experience of seeing interracial relationships most of the black men still want a black women on the side. Itís the same for a black women and a white man in a relationship.

Lord, look what you started...You're opening a can of worms...

I'm biracial (b&w), and my fiancee is black, Caribbean woman to be exact...I dont think that's the case with TNRyan. Why can't he be married to her for love, respect, and the desire for the same things in life? She has had bad experiences, and seemed to have chosen thugs in the past, and finally fell in love with a seemingly decent man. Give her credit that she left losers and got a decent man, put race aside, and things seem to be ok for them now. Even then, no relationship is perfect. Many posters are right. Plenty of women, even white women now, seem to have a fetish for thugs. I call it a fetish, and nothing more. The sad part is some don't get over it, after they've been either been beaten, robbed, cheated on, got screwed from those losers..When will they learn?

Queenbee, you're spot on by the way, Great post!!

Old 09-07-2008, 05:18 PM

16 posts, read 93,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Lord, look what you started...You're opening a can of worms...

I'm biracial (b&w), and my fiancee is black, Caribbean woman to be exact...I dont think that's the case with TNRyan. Why can't he be married to her for love, respect, and the desire for the same things in life? She has had bad experiences, and seemed to have chosen thugs in the past, and finally fell in love with a seemingly decent man. Give her credit that she left losers and got a decent man, put race aside, and things seem to be ok for them now. Even then, no relationship is perfect. Many posters are right. Plenty of women, even white women now, seem to have a fetish for thugs. I call it a fetish, and nothing more. The sad part is some don't get over it, after they've been either been beaten, robbed, cheated on, got screwed from those losers..When will they learn?

Queenbee, you're spot on by the way, Great post!!
TNRyan, My wife is black. The way she tells it, She started dating white men because she was tired of being hit, cheated on, and having her black boyfriends spending bill money on things like playstations, rims, ect, ect..

I Quoted him on the wrong post, to date a white man because of your past with your own race, thereís something more behind that reason. His wife has been dating thugs, but to go with another person because there not black? he should watch out that all that I can say about that. His also said that black men that she has dated spent the bill money on rims ect. That means that there was financial problems in her past relationships.

queenbee3 good post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or