Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 05:34 PM

107 posts, read 183,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
Well, I am one of those women that say that the good black men are few and far between, and I have female friends that chime in as well. We do not have low-self esteem, we have self-respect. We have some basic standards, we are not picky. Below is a thread I posted yesterday....

We go to sporting events, museums, art festivals, bookstores,etc. Not looking for anyone in particular, but open to the possibility. And as usual we all come back, after having a great time, wondering why we can't share these experiences with our male counterparts.

And with regard to the weight issue, most of the guys that want Beyonce rather than Monique, aren't Tyson Beckford or Will Smith (in I Am Legend) themselves. I don't have enough fingers to count how many times I've seen a good looking fit woman with a portly out of shape man. And that dilemma transcends race as well.
Exhale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viterbi00 View Post
Where are the successful black women in Atlanta?
Ahm? dude you cant be serious....Just open your eyes they are everywhere. Maybe I am just judging from what I see them wearing and driving but Damn seems like the chicks are getting more money than the dudes here. It is very noticeable.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggs1 View Post
This is one of the most entertaining threads I have ever read. I would like to say thank you to all the posters; Seriously, I cannot stop laughing.
Mdiggs...you seem to be really enjoying yourself. Why is this thread so funny? Maybe you have all the answer for why some women are always making the 'no good black men complaint"

Please man contribute to the discussion. All points are valid. Partake.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloRida2Atl View Post
The same can be said for black men driving a Mercedes Benz looking down black women driving a Saturn or Honda or whatever car she drives, money attracts money, money attracts ghetto, ghetto attracts ghetto and ghetto attracts money (only if they're on par with being a dime piece or extraordinary handsome)!
WTF!! What planet are you from? Str8 Men don't care what kinda car a woman drives!! That is stupid! Men don't think like women!! If I had a Benz and I saw a sexy ass lady on a bike...Ima go after that!

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Ghetto attracts money?? What!?

Money attracts ghetto?? What!?

my head hurts now.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:38 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttefylooc View Post
WTF!! What planet are you from? Str8 Men don't care what kinda car a woman drives!! That is stupid! Men don't think like women!! If I had a Benz and I saw a sexy ass lady on a bike...Ima go after that!

my head hurts now.

Thank you. I laughed at that statement as well. Men could see a sexy woman in a cardboard box, and show her some love. Women, on the other end? I dont think so.....The whole ghetto and money correlation needs to be explain a bit further. I was when I read it myself.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:52 PM

46 posts, read 232,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRockTeam View Post
LOL... I'll be the first agent to engage in this tread. I guess the rest are afraid they may not come off PC enough. First and foremost I am a 30+ black male who is my mother's son (let her tell it and I should be married with kids by now, but that's just how the women in my family are).

Now that I put that out there. There is a simple issue with women (certainly not just women of color) not having a solid idea of what a man actually is. This is often compounded by the fact that they have no REAL examples to compare the men that they meet with. For years Oprah spread the "I don't need a man" doctrine, only to be strung along by Steadman (and if you think she didn't want to get married... what flavor kool-aid do you like??)

On the other side of that blade are men that haven't got the foggiest idea what it is to be a man. They get their cues (both men and women) from television and the mainstream media. One of the best things to come out of the 70's (other than roller skates) was the premise of "each one teach one"... start there fellas.

There are plenty of good men PERIOD. But the onus is on women to firmly understand what is ACTUALLY important to them in a relationship and stop being sidetracked by what everyone else (mainstream media, TD Jakes, mom, sister, coworker) tells them is important.

Regarding the 'each one teach one' statement... Apparently, there are not nearly enough black men who are interested in this concept. My son (now 11 years old) has been registered with Big Brothers/Sisters of Atlanta since 2006. When I first registered and interviewed, I made it very clear that we wanted a black male Big Brother. Going on 3 years later....nothing.

They have tried on a few occasions to get me to agree to accept a white male match. I will not. They have told me repeatedly that they very rarely get black male volunteers. With the huge population of successful black men in Atlanta I am baffled as to why they don't have an interest in this organization and be more willing to take a young black child under their wing and try to be a mentor.

As far as dating in Atlanta...I have been approached by some seemingly nice guys who are professionally employed, but when you see them in their non-professional attire they are wearing saggy pants and ball caps....and these are men in their 30s and 40s (I'm in my 30's). I would never allow my son to dress in such a manner and hope that when he gets a little older he has no desire to do so. I simply refuse to have a man around who does not represent the qualities that I have worked so hard to instill in my son. I'm prepared to be alone until my son goes to college. I'd rather he grow up with no male influence instead of a poor male influence.

Last edited by km08; 09-20-2008 at 12:06 AM..

Old 09-20-2008, 07:04 AM

74 posts, read 342,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Thank you. I laughed at that statement as well. Men could see a sexy woman in a cardboard box, and show her some love. Women, on the other end? I dont think so.....The whole ghetto and money correlation needs to be explain a bit further. I was when I read it myself.
You just clarified my statement with your comment!

Quote:

my head hurts now.
LMAO, it amazes me the intelligence of men, this guy doesn't understand a simple statement and is reading too far into it. You driving a benz and going after the sexy ass hood chick riding a bike. MisterNY goes after the crackhead living in a cardboard box. WOW

Old 09-20-2008, 01:13 PM

572 posts, read 1,870,840 times
Quote:
Mdiggs...you seem to be really enjoying yourself. Why is this thread so funny? Maybe you have all the answer for why some women are always making the 'no good black men complaint"

Please man contribute to the discussion. All points are valid. Partake.
Naw pimp, I'm not getting into this one. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy. The main reason this thread is so funny is that stereotypes are working their wonders.

That's all I got to say on that.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km08 View Post
Regarding the 'each one teach one' statement... Apparently, there are not nearly enough black men who are interested in this concept. My son (now 11 years old) has been registered with Big Brothers/Sisters of Atlanta since 2006. When I first registered and interviewed, I made it very clear that we wanted a black male Big Brother. Going on 3 years later....nothing.

They have tried on a few occasions to get me to agree to accept a white male match. I will not. They have told me repeatedly that they very rarely get black male volunteers. With the huge population of successful black men in Atlanta I am baffled as to why they don't have an interest in this organization and be more willing to take a young black child under their wing and try to be a mentor.
Now when it comes to black womens beef with black men this beef is valid! We do need to try and influence the future if we know better.

Km08 I got some stupid questions. How does one get involved? How much does it cost? Is there a cost? How long does the man hang out with the kid? etc etc can you tell us more about the program?

Old 09-20-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloRida2Atl View Post
You just clarified my statement with your comment!

LMAO, it amazes me the intelligence of men, this guy doesn't understand a simple statement and is reading too far into it. You driving a benz and going after the sexy ass hood chick riding a bike. MisterNY goes after the crackhead living in a cardboard box. WOW
"The intelligence of men" ok see what we have here folks classic example.

Originally Posted by FloRida2Atl
"The same can be said for black men driving a Mercedes Benz looking down on black women driving a Saturn or Honda or whatever car she drives, money attracts money, money attracts ghetto, ghetto attracts ghetto and ghetto attracts money (only if they're on par with being a dime piece or extraordinary handsome)!"

You make a statement saying that Black men value what a woman drives.
I disagree, MrNY disagreed as well. Then you twist that to me liking hood chicks on bikes and MrNY liking crackheads. ???? Reading too far into it? Miss you are not making any sense.

Either you are a troll or you like "playing head games" either or, its my final reply to the likes of someone like you. Take care.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta