U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:03 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,025,744 times

Advertisements

Hi. I'm going to be a recent college grad. I am sending out for jobs and such.
I always hear about Black women saying there are no "Good Black men" left, but where are these people who are saying that?

I haven't had a date in quite a while and I was just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 09:33 AM

177 posts, read 847,428 times
Its not that there are no "Good Black Men" left...its just that many of those men do not match your education and professional levels and may not seem that desirable to you. And if they do....lets just say that a good number of those men aren't dating Black women...

Old 11-20-2007, 09:39 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,025,744 times
Erm . .. I'm a guy wondering about where these women are.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:13 AM

22 posts, read 88,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocopuffy View Post
Its not that there are no "Good Black Men" left...its just that many of those men do not match your education and professional levels and may not seem that desirable to you. And if they do....lets just say that a good number of those men aren't dating Black women...
Twenty years ago maybe, but not today...

Old 11-20-2007, 10:42 AM

826 posts, read 2,735,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
I always hear about Black women saying there are no "Good Black men" left, but where are these people who are saying that?

My guess is, the women who are saying this make bad choices in men and would rather blame someone else for their poor choices.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:46 AM

40 posts, read 248,974 times
Those women have self esteem issues

Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,617,086 times
Alot of highly paid black men prefer white women. So a black woman might have to date a white man.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:52 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,617,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merin View Post
My guess is, the women who are saying this make bad choices in men and would rather blame someone else for their poor choices.
That is true. They fall for any old dude and have a baby for him and then when he beats them up or goes to prison, we are all supposed to fell sorry for them.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:24 PM

233 posts, read 813,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post

I don't know if you will have a problem with this, considering you are a man and you have many women to choose from. Also, I think Black women in their thirties have more to gripe about. As stated by another poster, a lot of the available Black men are not necessarily what an educated and financially independent Black women is looking for. I cannot say that educated and financially stable Black men prefer White women; I just do not think that there are enough of these men to go around. What's crazy is that I do not think there are enough of these men to go around in any nationality....

Old 11-20-2007, 08:25 PM

177 posts, read 847,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Alot of highly paid black men prefer white women. So a black woman might have to date a white man.
I was trying to not just come out and say that
But its kinda true...I've been in Atlanta for 2 years and I've noticed that the majority of black men that I have met that have the same type of background as I do are dating white women. A lot of black women think of Atlanta as this mecca of educated black men and they move here thinking they are going to 'snatch up' one of them and end up disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or