Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 09:14 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,868,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post

Texas Democrats are less liberal than Georgia's, but Texas Republicans tend to be significantly less conservative.
this may be true when you're talking about the electorate, but i'm talking about party leadership. the republican party in georgia holds a pretty moderate position. that's why we are about to pass medical cannabis legislation and haven't passed a RFRA (anti LGBT bill), and texas has done the opposite.

i totally retract what i said about the lack of a significant asian population in texas; i wasn't aware of the large vietnamese population there.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:10 PM

396 posts, read 601,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
This is the biggest crock of ish I've ever read on here. This type of boosting really gives Atlanta a bad name.
nah, he just gives himself a bad name.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:31 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,435,368 times
Really everyone this thread is from 2013. Comparing is for the insecure, what does Atlanta have to prove. Let it rest people, Atlanta don't need to convince anyone of its strengths, we are pass that now. We need to pray for Houston because they will have some serious problems from falling oil prices and lost jobs soon.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:01 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Really everyone this thread is from 2013. Comparing is for the insecure, what does Atlanta have to prove. Let it rest people, Atlanta don't need to convince anyone of its strengths, we are pass that now. We need to pray for Houston because they will have some serious problems from falling oil prices and lost jobs soon.
You all see how people who arent in Atlanta view Atlanta. People from San Fran, LA, Chicago, NYC, etc can boost about their city 24/7 but let someone in Atlanta boost about Atlanta and all hell breaks lose from people who arent in Atlanta.

I cant say nothing positive about Atlanta but people in the NYC, Chicago, DC, San Fran, etc forums and boost their city all they want......Yall dont even realize that they are hating on Atlanta but yall dont even see it lol

MESSAGE FOR ATLANTA PEOPLE.....STOP TALKING POSITIVE ABOUT ATLANTA BECAUSE IT MAKES OTHER PEOPLE IN OTHER CITIES MAD.....

You see how ridiculous those people sound? People in the city vs city forum boost their city 24/7 and its ok but don't let anyone from Atlanta boost Atlanta....lol

Anyone who is between 21-40 who has lived in Atlanta and Dallas or Houston who was very active in the scenes in these cities know that I'm telling the truth. Most of these emotional Lifetime channel watching people who are emotional in this thread are not active in the scenes in these cities and they do not know what they are talking about. They are assuming that just because Houston/Dallas have nightclubs/etc that it is automatically equal. It's a lot more that goes into comparing nightlife than the basic this place has clubs/bars and so does this place so it must be equal. For the slow emotional people in this thread when comparing nightlife its more than both cities have clubs/etc so it must be equal. This is what goes into comparing cities regarding entertainment.

- Last Call. Generally speaking if one city has a later last call that city with the later last call is generally better. Who wants to leave a bar at 1:30am? Buffalo, NY last call is later than LA but it isnt better than LA....

- Party culture. Our party culture is more advance. This is why Atlanta has one of the largest pride events, this is why Atlanta is I think one of the top 5 cities for NYE because people want to come here and party, this is why Atlanta has so many conventions and a small part is because of our strip clubs which is also party of the party culture. Atlanta is also the city to busy to hate so living in a city where everything is out in the open makes the nightlife better. Also Freaknik started here which help launch copycat events across the country

- Huge events...TomorrowWorld choose to come to Atlanta. So did Afropunk and several other festivals. If you take the attendance from last year festivals (TomorrowWorld, MM, Shaky Knees, Counterpoint, Imagine, One Musicfest, etc, etc, etc it is very few cities outside of LA and Chicago that had as many concerts with a large attendance.

- Strip clubs....Outside of Miami and Vegas these are the only cities in America with an active strip club scene....This is why Atlanta strip clubs makes more money than all 3 professional teams combined.

- Weather....Since the weather is mostly nice to warm to hot from March to Sept this also makes the nightlife better. Warmer weather makes more people want to go out and enjoy themselves.

- Since Atlanta has been hot in the music industry for more than a decade this is also another factor in the nightlife department. Going out and being able to see your fav celeb or tv personality or fav movie star when you is also another factor.

- People come here every weekend from across the country to party and to go to strip clubs. People generally dont travel to Houston or Dallas just to party. They might if they live in a small town nearby or if a big event is going on but generally speaking no.

These and other factors are why I said Atlanta is better. I know most of you all have no idea of what you are talking about so I broke it down for yall. If you still think otherwise then so be it. Comparing those cities entertainment to Atlanta is laughable. The moral of the story is once you mix in Atlanta history and the large gay/lesbian culture here, the strip club scene here, local celebs, movie stars, hip hop stars, decent warm weather most of the year, big events, attractive women, friendly vibe, etc all these ingredients make a great nightlife scene that Houston and Dallas cant compare too

Last edited by fieldm; 01-20-2016 at 07:26 AM..

Old 01-20-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
D.C. and San Francisco are way beneath Atlanta on every level. Chicago is merely its equal
Im talking about entertainment such as outdoor activities. The reason I said this is because Chicago basically shuts down generally speaking with outdoor activities from Nov - April Chicago peaks during the summer. Atlanta really shuts down from Mid Nov (After Chomp and Stomp) to the end of Feb. Atlanta peaks from March to Nov

As far as San Fran our nightlife blows San Fran out the water plus San Fran shuts down super early. Plus we have a lot more annual visitors...Again for the slow people on here im only talking about entertainment/nightlife. I know San Fran is more beautiful, walkable, etc but again I'm only talking about entertainment.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
From your comments, you really don't know much about Houston. This is the Atlanta forum. I'm not going to educate you. Both cities have lots to do.
I never said Houston doesnt have anything to do. Macon Ga has plenty to do. Im saying Atlanta has more to do as far as entertainment than Dallas and Houston.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:19 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,457 times
As I noted yesterday, it's unfortunate that this thread was bumped back into life.
Can we let it go or have a mod close it?

Old 01-20-2016, 07:52 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,374,289 times
Please close this thread. It has become ridiculous, silly and absurd.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:59 AM

2,437 posts, read 3,846,478 times
How Big is Atlanta? World Cities That Fit Inside Atlanta's Perimeter

Old 01-20-2016, 09:15 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,859,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
I never said Houston doesnt have anything to do. Macon Ga has plenty to do. Im saying Atlanta has more to do as far as entertainment than Dallas and Houston.
Well if you think strip clubs are a big asset, I guess you have different ideas of what is "entertainment."

As far as "Gentelmen's clubs," I've seen several professional athletes comment that Houston has the best in the country. But that's not really my idea of entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta