Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 11:26 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,983 times

Advertisements

Well guys I've just learned a lot about Houston lol. I've been ONCE, but only for a day. I could tell their downtown was not as "alive as ours" but I didn't have enough time to explore. Would love to go back and do so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
But Atlanta is always on your mind as u stay in our forum.
Oh my goodness, I thought Nairobi DID live in Atlanta! They post here a lot! I just thought "Magnolia City" must have been some town in the ATL metro area lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
My nose was itching, so I thought I'd check out the Atlanta forum. Low and behold, there's yet another Houston bashing discussion commencing.

Meanwhile, in the Houston forum, the name "Atlanta" is met with a chorus of cricket chirps.
Sooooooo you come over on the ONE day we're discussing Houston to claim we're obsessed? Ok

And it's not even bashing. People are actually giving Houston props for their infrastructure, WTF are YOU reading!?

Old 10-30-2013, 11:58 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,167,649 times
Well I can say this, atleast Atlanta and Houston get along alot better than it's other Texas rival part. (Dallas). Not bashing Dallas but when someone says how nice Dallas is to a Houstonian it's all out war!!!

Old 10-31-2013, 12:22 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
Well guys I've just learned a lot about Houston lol. I've been ONCE, but only for a day. I could tell their downtown was not as "alive as ours" but I didn't have enough time to explore. Would love to go back and do so...
Just check on my comparison on page 2.

Downtown is more urban than Sweet Auburn, Sweet Auburn is more urban than Morningside, Morningside is more urban than Druid Hills. Using them as types of neighborhoods.

likewise Atlanta ring goes DT plus MT to Sweet Auburn to Morningside, to Druid Hills type neighborhoods

Using that framework Houston goes. DT to Morningside to Morningside to Morningside to Morningside on and on.

Houston doesn't have Sweet Auburn, O4W and etc type urban neighborhoods it basically skip this ring and go into Morningside like neighborhoods forever in a grid.

So on one end ATL core is more urban
On the other outside of cores Houston is more urban.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:10 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post

Oh my goodness, I thought Nairobi DID live in Atlanta! They post here a lot! I just thought "Magnolia City" must have been some town in the ATL metro area lol

Sooooooo you come over on the ONE day we're discussing Houston to claim we're obsessed? Ok

And it's not even bashing. People are actually giving Houston props for their infrastructure, WTF are YOU reading!?
No nairobi lives on the Atlanta boards there addicted to our boards. They couldn't go a whole month without posting on our boards, but what I've come to realize is that the Atlanta boards are always full of drama and negativity and of course most human beings are attracted to drama and negativity that's why we have so many members from other cities on our boards.

That's why we have so many city vs city threads . People know if u put Atlanta against any city its going to go to over 200 pages. It has to be the most controversial city on these boards.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:42 AM

281 posts, read 473,017 times
I'm not an Atlantan, I just simply made an observation on YouTube and Nairobi is trying to twist things around...smh

Old 10-31-2013, 06:25 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
Oh no, did I miss Nairobi?

Hope all is well in Houston!

Old 10-31-2013, 06:53 AM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Well I can say this, atleast Atlanta and Houston get along alot better than it's other Texas rival part. (Dallas). Not bashing Dallas but when someone says how nice Dallas is to a Houstonian it's all out war!!!
Seems to me that the Dallas posters just tend to let it roll off their backs.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:24 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,874 times
Nairobi is overdue here, or at least it would seem so judging by past standards.
Thanks to the op for their clarification here this morning.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Seems to me that the Dallas posters just tend to let it roll off their backs.
Go visit the general Texas forum and there is always a debate between the two. Gets childish, but it does seem like the Houstonians are much more snippy about it. Much like the Georgia forum where a couple of Augustans and Columbusites have to continually argue which one of their cities are the next great thing happening in Georgia, lol.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:50 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Go visit the general Texas forum and there is always a debate between the two. Gets childish, but it does seem like the Houstonians are much more snippy about it. Much like the Georgia forum where a couple of Augustans and Columbusites have to continually argue which one of their cities are the next great thing happening in Georgia, lol.
Funny you should mention that because I was just thinking last night that the Houston posters are a lot like the Augusta posters, both No. 2 metros that don't feel they get enough respect in their states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta