Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:48 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,308,695 times

Advertisements

Lol @ American Chinese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 10:30 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,152 times
I liked Dragon Express on Peachtree. Keep in mind though that I'm not the biggest fan of Americanized Chinese food and for Asian cuisine, I prefer Thai.

Even though it's outside of the area you requested, I have heard many people rave about how delicious the General Tso's chicken is at Lee's Golden Buddha on Cobb Pkwy so you may want to give it a try. It's only a couple of lights OTP.

Most of the Chinese food I have tasted in Atlanta was not good. As a rule, if they offer a fried chicken drummette as a side, things are probably about to go badly.

However, I have not been to one that was not accommodating, meaning if you want something added or omitted they are fine with it. But you know the rules - don't aggravate the people who are preparing or serving your food so usually before ordering, I try to start with asking the wait person what their favorite dish is at that restaurant.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:31 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
you do realize we are on the east coast, right?
Ok north east. Atlanta is the souf.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Ok north east. Atlanta is the souf.
Your post amused me lol.

I considered responding but didn't feel like getting into an argument to no where. It's like trying to explain that DC is beneath the Mason-Dixon line and therefore is not considered part of the north.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:36 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Your post amused me lol.

I considered responding but didn't feel like getting into an argument to no where. It's like trying to explain that DC is beneath the Mason-Dixon line and therefore is not considered part of the north.
That's ok even I don't take myself serious. I still want a Pu Pu platter. DC is considered part of the North because chicken is called chicken rather than yard bird like In the South. Disclaimer: Don't respond or you could get caught up in the madness. LOL..

Old 11-03-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
That's ok even I don't take myself serious. I still want a Pu Pu platter. DC is considered part of the North because chicken is called chicken rather than yard bird like In the South. Disclaimer: Don't respond or you could get caught up in the madness. LOL..
I'm caught up in some circular loop of logic here lol. The post I did not want to respond to was the one saying Atlanta is on the east coast so I didn't respond. Atlanta is the souf as you said. But for the record, the first time I heard chicken called yard bird was from someone from Chicago. He still carries that nickname to this day.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:41 AM

386 posts, read 667,843 times
Yard bird??? Wtf?

Old 11-04-2013, 05:28 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,929,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myspoonistoobig View Post
Craving this lately. Some good American Chinese food. General Tso's Chicken and stuff like that. Anywhere ITP that has some really good stuff? Preferably close to Midtown or Buckhead.

So - if you are still hungry for Chinese after all this bashing, I have the place that you are looking for.

Grand China - on Peachtree Rd. in Buckhead is the best "American Chinese" in the area. They have been there for something like 30 years. The owners and staff are lovely, the food is the best of that sort of Chinese and the restaurant is clean, quiet and pleasant (though I don't think the decor has changed in 30 years).

Old 11-04-2013, 05:45 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post

Most of the Chinese food I have tasted in Atlanta was not good. As a rule, if they offer a fried chicken drummette as a side, things are probably about to go badly.
LOL!!!!

The stuff I've wanted added they never have. I mean, really? I can't get a bean sprout?! I think I've been to only one place that actually had bean sprouts. Though I did notice when I moved here that it was Koreans making the Chinese not and not actual Chinese people.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:48 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
So - if you are still hungry for Chinese after all this bashing, I have the place that you are looking for.

Grand China - on Peachtree Rd. in Buckhead is the best "American Chinese" in the area. They have been there for something like 30 years. The owners and staff are lovely, the food is the best of that sort of Chinese and the restaurant is clean, quiet and pleasant (though I don't think the decor has changed in 30 years).
I've previously said no to this one lol. Their food is terrible. At least to the OP's standards of what he's looking for, I can say for almost a surety that he won't like their food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta