Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 01:30 PM

477 posts, read 592,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
There's a difference between constructive complaints, and calling something a cluster f*, or boondoggle, especially when it's in month 6 of a 2.5 year thing. If people want to be taken seriously, they need to avoid those absolute statements which are rarely accurate. I may sound like a lawyer, but there are analytical people like me who are not going to take such appeals to emotion seriously, except appeals to our anger for constantly belittling Cobb County.
Right. Nobody who disagrees with you is "analytical" enough. And they can all be written off for "constantly belittling Cobb County," which makes you angry. You must be the most level-headed, objective, even-keeled, analytical person you know. You sound less like a lawyer and more like a Fox News contributor.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:31 PM

2,167 posts, read 2,823,401 times
Quote:
I may sound like a lawyer, but there are analytical people like me who are not going to take such appeals to emotion seriously
. . .never swayed by emotional appeals, ever?

Old 06-04-2014, 01:38 PM

8,477 posts, read 14,949,777 times
Don't be so sure that Liberty Media will follow through with the mixed-use development. They only care about the stadium. If you question this, remind yourself that Gwinnett county was sold the same mixed-use song and dance when the AAA Braves moved in, complete with renders of the potential development and people aimlessly wandering around a concrete plaza.

What did they get instead five years later: Parking lots and a developer building 200 "luxury" apartments any day now...

Enjoy the extra traffic and the shuttle bus to the Cheesecake Factory, Cobb countians. That's all you're going to get.

Last edited by waronxmas; 06-04-2014 at 01:50 PM..

Old 06-04-2014, 01:41 PM

477 posts, read 592,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Don't be so sure that Liberty Media will follow through with the mixed-use development. They only care about the stadium. If you question this, remind yourself that Gwinnett county was the same mixed-use song and dance when the AAA Braves moved in, complete with renders of the potential development and people aimlessly wandering around a concrete plaza.

What did they get instead five years later: Parking lots and developer building 200 "luxury" apartments any day now...

Enjoy the extra traffic and the shuttle bus to the Cheesecake Factory, Cobb countians. That's all you're going to get.
Now you're just being emotional. He wanted something more analytical. Evidence of prior bad deals = feelings.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:12 PM

7,579 posts, read 10,734,216 times
Quote:
There's a difference between constructive complaints, and calling something a cluster f*, or boondoggle, especially when it's in month 6 of a 2.5 year thing. If people want to be taken seriously, they need to avoid those absolute statements which are rarely accurate. I may sound like a lawyer, but there are analytical people like me who are not going to take such appeals to emotion seriously, except appeals to our anger for constantly belittling Cobb County.

Thanks for commending the county and not belittling us, even if you took the opportunity to raise the potential specter of a boondoggle.
Dude your calling people whiners.

You're ignoring wide swaths of opinions across metro Atlanta to simply boost something in your backyard.

Your mostly emotional and not that anylitical.

It shows very much int he mini diatribe against curbed and intown folk in the other thread you tried starting.

And no you don't sound like a lawyer in the slightest bit.

You sound like someone desperately trying to win an argument anyway they can to fight for something in their backyard and you're making the beginning mistakes of starting to insult the very real opinions of others and thinking your opinion is more correct of representative of what is best for all.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:32 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,004,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Dude your calling people whiners.

You're ignoring wide swaths of opinions across metro Atlanta to simply boost something in your backyard.

Your mostly emotional and not that anylitical.

It shows very much int he mini diatribe against curbed and intown folk in the other thread you tried starting.

And no you don't sound like a lawyer in the slightest bit.

You sound like someone desperately trying to win an argument anyway they can to fight for something in their backyard and you're making the beginning mistakes of starting to insult the very real opinions of others and thinking your opinion is more correct of representative of what is best for all.
It would all be much simpler if he just said "I'm so happy the new Braves stadium is going to be near my house!" rather than trying to convince everyone in Atlanta that it is for the best.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:57 PM

8,477 posts, read 14,949,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
It would all be much simpler if he just said "I'm so happy the new Braves stadium is going to be near my house!" rather than trying to convince everyone in Atlanta that it is for the best.
That would also be a better, more genuine argument to make too.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:59 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,761,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
That would also be a better, more genuine argument to make too.
That would be the truth, too. However, I also don't agree that it's some nightmare for people to get to.

Another true statement is that I'm happy this may actually force Cobb to build some fixed transit and not rely on busses only.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:07 PM

32,008 posts, read 36,668,783 times
netdragon,

Give it up. A number of the Atlanta folks on the board are are still smarting over the loss of the Braves and will likely be hammering away for some time to come.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:03 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,846,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
netdragon,

Give it up. A number of the Atlanta folks on the board are are still smarting over the loss of the Braves and will likely be hammering away for some time to come.
Darn straight. I will be mad about losing my team for a while. $400M tax dollars just to one-up the city. Enjoy your win Cobb.

Last edited by jsvh; 06-04-2014 at 04:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta