Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 09:59 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,985,831 times

Advertisements

Avoid it.

Even if you decide you're ok not having a washer/dryer in the unit, look at the response here.

You'll have a hard time unloading it some day. Nobody wants to haul to a community laundry room. And that's not like something you can retrofit, if the plumbing isn't there, it isn't there.

And with Atlanta's schizophrenic weather, do you really want to rely on someone else to determine whether you are going to use A/C or heat?

That building sounds like a train wreck to me. Which explains why it's so cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 08:10 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,758,124 times
Honestly, I like the location of Windsor better than McGill. It is in Midtown about a block from the Fox Theater and right next to North Ave MARTA station, so that would steer me toward them. But that is just me. Also, I would try to negotiate with them for a 2bd for a good price if they have one available. I would look into the Euro/combo washer/dryer.

I would verify with the building/staff and current residents about the temperature controls of the building to see if that is true. But again, the location of Windsor on Peachtree just is very convenient if you are looking for a true urban/city environment. It is centrally located to Midtown, only 2 blocks from a grocery store and one block from a MARTA station. It is in a better location IMO due to it being in Midtown vs Downtown area. Both are okay, but I like the Windsor location better and am just a person who will negotiate in a very....I'll say direct way (basically do what I want or I walk lol!).

Old 12-09-2013, 08:23 AM

1,711 posts, read 3,407,268 times
I recently sold a unit at McGill place ($137k, highest comp in three years). $114k is a good price and I would definitely go 2bd over 1bd. They HOA is great there and the board president is awesome as well. They really keep the community running/looking well. I would definitely pick that over Windsor. You may have a hard time with financing at Windsor as well... building is iffy financially/rent-wise I believe. I buy condos all day long, literally, and stay away from Windsor. Garry with Sentry (mgmt co) I found difficult to deal with due to his lack of knowledge of our particular situation.

One things that stinks about McGill, is if you're not on a ground floor, they don't allow solid surface flooring outside of the kitchen/bath.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:04 AM

2,302 posts, read 2,969,424 times
No expert here, but the Windsor I've heard has a dorm-like vibe. The laundry room is in a central location, not one on each floor. . . Lot of GATech kids whose parents went ahead and bought them a cheap condo instead of having them rent. If that is what you are looking for, it could be fun. Otherwise, it might be a tad loud.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 AM

119 posts, read 211,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Honestly, I like the location of Windsor better than McGill. It is in Midtown about a block from the Fox Theater and right next to North Ave MARTA station, so that would steer me toward them. But that is just me. Also, I would try to negotiate with them for a 2bd for a good price if they have one available. I would look into the Euro/combo washer/dryer.

I would verify with the building/staff and current residents about the temperature controls of the building to see if that is true. But again, the location of Windsor on Peachtree just is very convenient if you are looking for a true urban/city environment. It is centrally located to Midtown, only 2 blocks from a grocery store and one block from a MARTA station. It is in a better location IMO due to it being in Midtown vs Downtown area. Both are okay, but I like the Windsor location better and am just a person who will negotiate in a very....I'll say direct way (basically do what I want or I walk lol!).

Bahahahah loved the last line!! I do LOVE the location of Windsor but, when I was there I also saw a lot of homeless people just hanging out in the front and on the sides. I still can't get over the $459 HOA fee I would have to pay for every month!

Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
I recently sold a unit at McGill place ($137k, highest comp in three years). $114k is a good price and I would definitely go 2bd over 1bd. They HOA is great there and the board president is awesome as well. They really keep the community running/looking well. I would definitely pick that over Windsor. You may have a hard time with financing at Windsor as well... building is iffy financially/rent-wise I believe. I buy condos all day long, literally, and stay away from Windsor. Garry with Sentry (mgmt co) I found difficult to deal with due to his lack of knowledge of our particular situation.

One things that stinks about McGill, is if you're not on a ground floor, they don't allow solid surface flooring outside of the kitchen/bath.

Thank you so much for your honest post!!! I loved the McGill unit I saw it just feels like an Apartment complex vibe. The unit itself was very impressive though even though I wish it had hardwood floors throughout instead of carpet. Thank you for your honesty about Windsor. I have read in other posts that a lot of the condos in there are section 8 and lived in by college students? In fact I saw a rental there on Saturday at Windsor and almost threw up. It was very dirty and just looked like two college students lived there... Granted it was only for $750 but still. I also looked at a unit in the City Heights condo area and I was told the HOA fees are going up there as well. That building totally had the college feel...

Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 AM

1,228 posts, read 2,382,693 times
What other condos are you looking at? Have you looked at Cornerstone Village or Peachtree Walk? I hope you have a realtor that you're working with; it makes weeding out the good & the bad a little easier.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
What other condos are you looking at? Have you looked at Cornerstone Village or Peachtree Walk? I hope you have a realtor that you're working with; it makes weeding out the good & the bad a little easier.

Oh yes I have an awesome realtor! So far I have looked at City Heights, McGill Place, Windsor Over Peachtree, Melrose Park, Arbors at Piedmont and some individual condo places along Piedmont. I'm really trying to keep my options open but I am hoping to stay in Midtown. My budget of 130K is really limited I see... LOL

Old 12-09-2013, 10:33 AM

1,228 posts, read 2,382,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozi30213 View Post
Oh yes I have an awesome realtor! So far I have looked at City Heights, McGill Place, Windsor Over Peachtree, Melrose Park, Arbors at Piedmont and some individual condo places along Piedmont. I'm really trying to keep my options open but I am hoping to stay in Midtown. My budget of 130K is really limited I see... LOL
Good luck!

Old 12-09-2013, 08:25 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,407,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozi30213 View Post
At $130, there are a slew of condos that will fit the bill, particularly if you are ok with a 1bd.

- Cornerstone is good option. I have a rental in there.
- I see a couple 1bds at Ovation that will fit the bill.
- 1280 W Peacthree - Older building, but a decent spot with good amenities.
- Colony House (high HOAs, but cover everything).
- Metropolis.
- Brookwood Park (older, but decent).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: